You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

pinklily0105

welcome finance - problems !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3949 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok so I have posted an issue with my secured loan on another post and it was suggested that I run my own thread.

Took out a secured loan with welcome 1st nov 06. Biggest mistake ever !! We were told at the time that the ppi was a condition of the credit; it was suggested that the application would be refused otherwise and at the time we were desperate so went along with it. Obviously since, I have been made aware of this site and watched with much interest. I soon realised we could claim for PPI mis-sell, also the fact that our agreement was for 180months and the cover only lasts for between 36-60months. So thats a con in itself! Anyway I complained to welcome and they hit back saying that it has took us too long to comaplin and so we have experienced the benefits of the insurance and can't very well claim now, also the fact that it was ticked at the bottom of the form that we knew it was optional. I must point out, we did not tick it ourselves, we were just shown where to signiture the form, silly on our part I KNOW !

Im ashamed to admit that was January this year, and we haven't persued welcome any further - would I still be able to do this now ?

After spending a long day today reading all about your fights with welcome, I have become more concerned of how we have been conned.

As i say it is secured, but we didn't have a cooling off period as such. We rung up cause we already had a personal loan with them, they made us an appointment to go in. They went through our earnings and what we already paid out. Then said we had the loan, we just had to go back the next week and sign. We did and was given the cheque the same day. After I have looked on at my agreement today though there are 3 different dates on my paperwork ! How silly were we not to pick up on it ! So we can't prove any of that now !

Then I have learnt today that we have been paying interest on the acceptance fee. it was 235, but on our breakdown of payment we are paying 4.30per month for it over 180month period. So certainly not 235 !!!

I am going to try to put my agreement on here, just need to suss it out !

So not sure what to do now. We have never missed a payment with them, though it cripples us, too scared to in case they take my house, read too many bad things about them.

Should I be getting a solicitor to look over my agreement ? Not sure if I have any case with them, as they shot down my PPI claim, maybe just this acceptance fee, if it is illegal to charge interest.

Any advice would be very greatly appreciated, sorry I know its been a long one and you have all fights of your own! Thanks for reading it.

welcome are one of our worst co's on here ever!

don't take no for an answer.

go get 'em for everything you mention.

you might find it useful to read the 'notes for claimants' sticky in the PPI forum by alanalana.

off you, go and we'll help you get these issues sorted.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

HI PINKLIILY

RIGHT, NOW YOUR THREAD IS UP AND RUNNING

FIRST THING THAT STANDS OUT IS NO 14 DAYS COOLING OFF PERIOD

THATS ONE

OK WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO FIRST IS CONTACT THESE PEOPLE AND REQUEST THEY SEND ALL DETAILS THEY HAVE ON YOU

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page

IME WELL UP ON ALL THE WELCOME TRICKS SO ILL BE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY

mmmmmmm not sure what happened with that, was trying to post my loan agreement ! oh well will have to have another try !:lol:

Ise The Upload Link For Message Boards With Out Thumb Nails Option

Anyway thanks for coming on to this postggj, I've read so many of your threads. What do I need to say to this direct group, will I need to give them any account details etc from welcome ? All in writing I take it ? I do have the policy schedule from these, which i was sent at the beginning of the loan.

Just Give Them Your Details And Ask Them Do They Have Your Details And To Send Them Onto You

DONT WORRY ABOUT ACC NO

JUST YOUR PERSONEL DETAILS

pinklily - use google photobucket its free and then just copy and paste the URL here

sorry ive made the album private now ! I will soon get my head around it, really sorry

hopefullu you can see the documents i have scanned. There are only 2 others are duplicates, i is the loan agreement, the other is the breakdown of the monthly payment which shows we are paying 4.30 per month for 180 months for settlement fee of 235 !

Well Done On Photobucket

Checking Now, Give Me Half An Hour

On The First Loan

Welcome Saw You Comming

3.5 GRAND FOR INSURANCE

IS THIS A JOINT LOAN

STILL CHECKING

yes its a joint secured loan, think i have duplicated the copies on photobucket, all the info is for the same secured loan.

But yes your right they have seen us coming, i am kicking myself several times a day ! can't believe what we have done really.

My husband has had the personal loans in the past, but basically we got the 10000 secured loan, the other 1873.41 was to pay off existing personal loan and then obviously all the insurances we were conned into !

£11873.41 Is A Strange Ammount Of A Loan Application

How Was That Worked Out

Did You Apply For A 10 Grand Loan

15 Etc

think we have more or less paid back the ten grand now and still have 12 more years to go !

Now That Explains That

On Your Previouse Loan

Did You Have Ppi Etc

we applied for 10, which we got by a cheque, we were told the remaining 1873.41 was to pay back existing loan my husband already had off them

he has always had ppi with them, cause its always been their condition !

Well For A Start

Misselling

Two Lots Of Life Care 24

Two Lots Of Personel Accident Plan

Realy, They Are The Pitts

Lets Get This Sorted

With The Link Ive Posted In Thread 3

Request All Details

Policy Docs And T&c

So What About Credit A Rebate On The Ppi For The First Loan Onto The Second Agreement

Insurance Does Not Cover The Length Of The Loan Yet You Are Still Paying

so thats from the direct group, is it best to write to them or ring ?