Cabot : Has anyone ever tried this .....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi good peeps:cool: I have been fortunate not to have dealt with Cabot (yet!) and got lead here through a link of a link!! Have enjoyed reading this thread and am now subbing. There are so many ideas/suggestions on here that I have thought of myself lately so will be watching with interest!:cool:

Now here's the thing. I have a much larger debt than this one which is also now in the hands of Cabot. This one originated with Cahoot and although I've SAR'd Cahoot, they have sent me just statements, 3 times. Cahoot defaulted me on this but never served a default notice. Up to now, I've accepted this agreement as enforceable and have been paying Cabot a regular amount. See this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/144299-fred-bassett-cahoot.html

I think the time is right to take Cahoot to court with regard to my SAR. I've made the necessary complaints to the Information Commissioner, but as we all know, they are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

As far as Cabot are concerned, I just wonder if the same approach could be used twice. I don't think I have much to lose by trying.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

The ICO were the only people who successfully obtained my SAR from MBNA, albeit after 8 months, so am quite surprised at what you say. Surely though while you have got your claim in with the ICO, you at least have a ref no to present to them and therefore hold the account in dispute till they produce it:?

The ICO were the only people who successfully obtained my SAR from MBNA, albeit after 8 months, so am quite surprised at what you say. Surely though while you have got your claim in with the ICO, you at least have a ref no to present to them and therefore hold the account in dispute till they produce it:?

I don't think I have. The SAR went to Cahoot, but the account is now with Cabot. I need to get the information from Cahoot.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Well then, I would report Cahoot to the ICO. It's quick and easy online and they responded very quickly to me, all done by email so print off hard copies.....;)

ps. who got the £10 ??

Edited by AA99
ps

An inspired quote Sunflower - dinged

Also I was considering the possibility that a judge may comment that the defendant is attempting to avoid payment by making use of a loophole. I am thinking along the lines of a response such as " Yes Sir, with respect, I am merely using the same tactics as those used by everyone in business and, in fact, in government. Are not the MOD trying to avoid making additional payments to service personnel injured whilst defending our country? Are the US government refusing to pay the Congestion Charge as they see it as a tax which diplomats do not pay? I am happy to ally myself with them in using the law as it is written.

I will, of course, be taking a book and my toothbrush!

GK

I think that the accepted response is:

I do not deny having made purchaces on this card or making regular payments. However I beleive that the agreement may be flawed and in fact I may have paid too much money to xyz. That is the reason why I need a true copy of my agreement and of course the law!

Well then, I would report Cahoot to the ICO. It's quick and easy online and they responded very quickly to me, all done by email so print off hard copies.....;)

ps. who got the £10 ??

Yep, think you'r right. To be honest, I thought I already had. The £10 went to Cahoot.

Fred

I just realised that I did make a complain to the ICO about Cahoot's lack of response to my SAR. That was back in February this year. I've also got an outstanding complaint with them regarding the Halifax. Not only that, but my first ever dealings with them were very unsatisfactory indeed.

As far as I'm concerned, the ICO are a bunch of useless to**ers. I've just sent them a rocket but I don't hold out too much hope. Cahoot are taking the mickey and they know it.

Fred

I just realised that I did make a complain to the ICO about Cahoot's lack of response to my SAR. That was back in February this year. I've also got an outstanding complaint with them regarding the Halifax. Not only that, but my first ever dealings with them were very unsatisfactory indeed.

As far as I'm concerned, the ICO are a bunch of useless to**ers. I've just sent them a rocket but I don't hold out too much hope. Cahoot are taking the mickey and they know it.

Fred

How strange! Did you do it online? Did you get an email response? With a case number? If so, get back to them and remind them :eek:

How strange! Did you do it online? Did you get an email response? With a case number? If so, get back to them and remind them :eek:

Yes, yes and yes.

I don't see this as strange - to me it is par for the course. They're f*****g useless as far as I'm concerned. They still haven't even attempted to resolve a complaint I have with the Halifax and my first dealings with them were this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/76626-lloyds-tsb-will-they.html#post919212

Regards.

Fred

Iv just had my first reply from the ICO re HFC not supplying any info, but mainly they sold the debt 10yrs ago but still have my details on file. The ICO make no mention in the letter about my concerns over keeping my data for this long when I have had no dealings with them. In the letter it states they cant actually do anything just advise!

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Iv just had my first reply from the ICO re HFC not supplying any info, but mainly they sold the debt 10yrs ago but still have my details on file. The ICO make no mention in the letter about my concerns over keeping my data for this long when I have had no dealings with them. In the letter it states they cant actually do anything just advise!

Not the privacy protection that we were all led to beleive then!

• 2 months later...

just going through your thread again FRED

i am of the opinion that could you possibly find an expert witness to go to the cabot offices to look at these agreements ive noticed their is someone on the threads who is a handwriting expert ?

just a thought fred...but i am sure an expert witness could show forged documents

also ive been waiting for the ico to respond to 4 request since 2004 and not one has looked at HFO,MOOREFEILDS,AND ANOTHER FIVE DCA'S ,so i have not yet had a call from cabot yet but i rellish the thought because i will not respond cept to say see you in court and then provide all documents like you zero balance ?

patrickq1