desperate for help with kitchen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, very new here but been browsing a while. lots usefull info so far.

my partner and myself took out a finance deal with clydesdale financial services to purchase a kitchen, actually its all in partners name (was easier at time). kitchen has been fitted and is very poor quality, we where assured that payment was frozen to the kitchen company until we where happy, somehow payment has been made, (possible forged signature, or use of delivery note signature). now we are in a position where we are paying for a kitchen that is not finished. i am desperate for advive on what to do next, what are our rights etc. as it stands we would like to have kitchen ripped out and finance cancelled. this has been dragging on for around 4 months now and is really getting to us. we are tempted to not make any re-payments on the finance until kitchen is completed to our satisfaction. can we do this??? what can we do???

all help is greatly appreciated

graeme

request a copy of the agreement where you have signed to accept the kitchen and contact the company who installed it quoteing that is not fit for the purpose it was sold under the sale of goods act (1979 as ammended). Also point out to the company that you are looking into the matter of the loan being agreed to without your signature and are considering contacting the police (which you maybe should do as its possibly fraud). Should shake them all up a bit - shake the tree and see what falls, let us know what they reply with and at all costs keep everything in writing.

Hiya.

I'm very new here - reading up to help me mam-in-law reclaim her bank charges so this is me first post, Wahey!

Basically i work for a well known DIY company who wear orange aprons and i sell their kitchen/bathroom/conservatory and fitted bedroom designs, installation and products (as well as finance to fund said projects which is taken out with GE capital - another bunch of twats but anyway...)

I can't comment directly on your problem, however it does sound similar to problems we encounter maybe once or twice in a year if we get dodgy quality during a fit.

If this were to happen to one of our clients, what i would expect to happen would be we would transfer your complaint to head office who would send out an independent assessor to inspect the work and either

a) Rip it all out and start again to best standard

b) Rip it out and refund you (plus compo - negotiable)

c) Fix it using existing fittings and new stock to best standard (compo - negotiable)

In the event of "us" refunding you, we would either refund direct onto the finance account thus bringing the total owed to £0, or if there was some discrepancy, send you a cheque which you would then have to cash and transfer money to credit account to clear it.

I have personally dealt with both methods and, whilst the cheque refund takes longest, it still only takes 10 working days.

I know this kind of doesn't help with your possible fraud query but i hope it gives you an idea of what to expect from a national installer, and i know that most of our direct competitors work in this way too (you didn't specify who kitchen was off)

Hope it helps a little.

• 10 months later...

Satisfaction notes have no meaning whatsoever. The consumer has a right to examine goods to ensure they are in conformity with the contract. Sign it if you want - it means diddly squat.