Bailiff Fee Despute - debt paid bailiffs chasing HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received contact from a bailiffs for an overdue council tax bill from 4 years ago (which to be honest i didn't know i owed). I contacted the bailiff and the council involved immediately stating i would pay the amount in full on my pay day (which was less than 2 weeks away). I send a letter confirming this to the council and the bailiffs also asking the bailiffs to make no more future visits and i would pay their first visit fee (i was also told on the phone as i intend to pay no visits would be made until after this date). The next evening someone hand posted a pack through my door. It was the bailiffs stating i now owed them for two visits!! And the outstanding bill.

I contacted the bailiffs saying that i would not pay this charge as i was informed there would be no further visits and i also re faxed them my original letter. 1 day before i was due to pay the council i received a letter through the post staying the Council has no agreement in place with me and so I had to pay them in full including the new charges. I called the council and paid them as promised I also paid the bailiff for their first visit, but told them i would not be paying the second fee (this btw is only £18! - but i don't want to pay - cause i don't believe i should). They said I owed them the fee as the council had no formal agreement with me! I believe i was fair and could've refused to pay all fees!

I am still receiving calls from them. Do i have to pay them this fee? Where do i stand?

I sent the council letter by first class post only, but faxed the letters to the bailiffs and so have a copy of fax and reciept that it was sent.

i do have a name for the bailiff so will look now.

try phoning

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

i cant find rossendales on the register either

send a fax to the bailiffs saying that if they continue to pursue you for the £18 2nd visit you will file a form 4 complaint to the court as you have proof you sent a fax to them offering full payment on xxxxx date and the bailiff 2nd visit charge was after the date of the fax

can they use the [paid off] liabilty order to enforce the charges though?

at one time i dont think they could, but has that changed now?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...