UKPCS - Worried

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have recently been issued a parking charge of £60 for parking my vehicle in what I thought was a parking area for a family service that I attended. I was distraught to find that I had received such a harsh punishment from a genuine mistake.

Anyway, I have been reading other posts about these parking charges and I am thinking of taking everyone's advice and ignoring the charge and the letters that I will no doubt be getting!

The only trouble is that I am so worried about it! If I do leave it and the charges do go up £3 per day, I am not in the financial position to be affording such payments. I am soooo worried about this. Having said that, I am wanting to stand up to these bullies and show them that they can't defeat me!

Has anyone actually ignored the threats and have come away laughing?

I have been reading what Barnsley Boy has been saying in his posts, who seems to know what he is talking about, but I am just so worried about it all.

Normally, I would have just sent the payment but I started to google UKPCS and I found 2 websites both stating to ignore the fine and threats.

My reason for this post is to see if anyone else has ignored their threats and what happened to them.

Thanks ever so much!

Bawba

The £3 a day is legally know as 'liquidated damages'. It's a tool to scare you into paying, thinking the costs will escalate indefinitely. Legally, it's complete tosh and completely unenforceable, as is the original charge. How on earth are you causing them £3 loss a day?

Tens of people ignore these unenforceable invoices every day. Expect 3 letters from UKCPS before they give up.

Bear in mind they have taken a punt on taking 2 people to court in the last few weeks. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm being honest.

Why they've done it I have no idea (their paperwork is truly shocking and their cases are flimsier than a very flimsy thing). Ego kick probably.

I'd ignore and be happy that there's a 95% chance of them giving up.

Don't pay - you'll kick yourself for the rest of your life for being a mug!

• Haha 1

You have already had the advice that you need.

IGNORE !

Don't write!

Don't phone!

DON'T PAY!

And above all, don't worry about it.

Bear in mind that it's not a fine!

It's an unenforcible invoice.

You'll get a few letters from the [problem]-monkeys. Then the next desk may send you a "debt collection letter".

If you're really lucky, they may pass it back to the office cleaner to send you a "solicitor's letter".

Ignore them all.

The only thing that you need to deal with is a court summons which contains the official court seal......... About as likely as you winning the jackpot in the Euromillions!

If they were ever silly enough to go down that path, then you will be given enough information to make the monkeys look very silly in court.

IGNORE!

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

My reason for this post is to see if anyone else has ignored their threats and what happened to them.

Lots of people have safely ignored these invoices and absolutely nothing happened.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

hi, i too got a good ole ukcps parking fine (as did my brother) both totally unaware that peter can put his signs anywhere he feels, he actually gave me a ticket while i was moving out my flat and id paid to park in my own car park too.

as for you been worried, dont bother the guy chats bubbles, he threatens you when you ring and trust me dont call him you get nowhere, DONT send any payment with a dispute you'll never see it again as your technically saying your agreeing your in the wrong, no private parking company can take you to court, and im sure as of yet ukcps still havent taken anyone to court, i actually sent a letter into the dvla about ukcps i found a template on here and sent it in, they then foudn the photographic evidence had wrong dates on it therefore told him to cancel the fine, he also does loads more phoeny things such as (on my brothers parking fine he's got the wrong car make down) and little things like that, my brother completely ignored him also and after 5 letters he gets bored and doesnt send you anymore.

also go on his website its a good laugh and you'l find his company solely runs off silly arses paying him, also it looks like a 5 year old created the website.

all in all dont pay him a penny, leave him to send you letters, sit and chuckle at them, warn your friends about him and he'll stop soon enough, you could even keep the best letter on your fridge door (the bit where he threatens to take you to court lol)

Whilst you're right that the whole thing is a sham and they have about 3 braincells without them, UKCPS are trying it on with two people in court at the moment. Whether they'll turn up on the day to be whooped is another matter.

Desperate times in PPC land.

Fact remains you should never ever pay and there is a 1% chance of court, which can be easily defended should the need arise.

Whilst you're right that the whole thing is a sham and they have about 3 braincells without them, UKCPS are trying it on with two people in court at the moment. Whether they'll turn up on the day to be whooped is another matter.

Desperate times in PPC land.

Fact remains you should never ever pay and there is a 1% chance of court, which can be easily defended should the need arise.

Any threads to keep an eye on this Al?

Jogs

• 6 months later...

ukcps dont go to court as he doesn't stand a chance tbh, i got a ticket from ukcps but the dates were wrong on the photos so the dvla got them to take the fine off and told them they were unable to chase me, my brother also got a ticket from them for parking on yellow lines, he got his ticket last May, ignored all the letters and needless to say hasn't heard anything since, just ignore them they'll get bored eventually