You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• ok again thanks for all advice , im going to continue and struggle on paying the wifes debts and maybe look at getting reduced payments but as for mine i think ill go down the DRO route and try get it sorted but will see and open new bank account somewhere first
    • Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
asteroid

New Look Purchases

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4013 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello people, I am here to get some advice and to know what would / should be our next step.

My wife had a New Look card and ran the bill up to £100 which is not a lot but then suddenly we went in to hardship, i work as part time, she unemployed and have 3 kids under 8yrs. My wife or I could not pay as she ran some huge bills on other cards for which I end up paying min amount towards those cards. New Look had pass this matter to IKANO who demanded us to pay.

i searched in to this forum and then wrote a letter to IKANO asking to provide us as a proof the copy of credit agreement form on which my wife signed this agreement. I sent as recorded delivery with £1.00 Credit agreement charges.

After 4 months received a reply from IKANO stating that "after searching their records they are unable to provide a copy of signed agreement form". instead they sent a 'blank agreement form' saying the form my wife signed is similar to this form. Then the letter says that the account has been passed on to the Debt Collection Agency ( no name given of any debt collectors) on their behalf, please contact them to arrange for repayments.

Could someone advice us what should be our next step ? are we still liable to pay ? can we refuse to pay just because "there is no signed credit agreement" ? Please advice. Thank you

Hello people, I am here to get some advice and to know what would / should be our next step.

My wife had a New Look card and ran the bill up to £100 which is not a lot but then suddenly we went in to hardship, i work as part time, she unemployed and have 3 kids under 8yrs. My wife or I could not pay as she ran some huge bills on other cards for which I end up paying min amount towards those cards. New Look had pass this matter to IKANO who demanded us to pay.

i searched in to this forum and then wrote a letter to IKANO asking to provide us as a proof the copy of credit agreement form on which my wife signed this agreement. I sent as recorded delivery with £1.00 Credit agreement charges.

After 4 months received a reply from IKANO stating that "after searching their records they are unable to provide a copy of signed agreement form". instead they sent a 'blank agreement form' saying the form my wife signed is similar to this form. Then the letter says that the account has been passed on to the Debt Collection Agency ( no name given of any debt collectors) on their behalf, please contact them to arrange for repayments.

Could someone advice us what should be our next step ? are we still liable to pay ? can we refuse to pay just because "there is no signed credit agreement" ? Please advice. Thank you

The killer line is the highlighted one. Keep their letter very very safe

It means that the debt is unenforceable in court, they will continue to ask you for money but you are under no obligation to pay them.

You could always photocopy a fiver and send it to them and say that your repayment would be similar to this :-D

Put it to the back of your mind, contact nobody, especially on a premium rate number, if anyone else contacts you re paying this, post it up on here and we'll take it from there

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

The killer line is the highlighted one. Keep their letter very very safe

It means that the debt is unenforceable in court, they will continue to ask you for money but you are under no obligation to pay them.

You could always photocopy a fiver and send it to them and say that your repayment would be similar to this :-D

Put it to the back of your mind, contact nobody, especially on a premium rate number, if anyone else contacts you re paying this, post it up on here and we'll take it from there

Thank you Spamheed, i do feel like sending them a photocopied fiver. Thanks again for your advice and reply.

Also photocopy the letter they sent you... it's worth its weight in gold:D

You could always photocopy a fiver and send it to them and say that your repayment would be similar to this

i absolutely love this its going to keep me smiling all day :D

Cerebrusalert has already posted a letter on here somewhere of this nature, with the printed money, don't know where it is though but had me in stitches.

Thank you guys for the advice. I require some info on similar matter. As i mentioned in my 1st post that my wife ran some bills which I could not afford to carry on paying due to change in my employment from full time to part time. Creditors started demanding repayments which also included threats if we dont cough up money. I, on behalf of my wife wrote to 7 creditors with budget sheet given by CAB offering each creditor £2 a month which they accepted as they had no choice and I started paying them direct debit.

My query is that we did NOT ask any of the creditors or their agents to provide a copy of Credit Agreement Form signed by my wife. Can we ask them to provide a copy of signed credit agreement form now as we are paying them £2/- a month since Feb.09. Are the creditors still under obligation to provide these forms if asked ? and what difference would it make if any of the creditors can not provide a signed agreement form, would we have right to stop paying them ? I would appreciate your replies to my queries. Thank you

I think you can CCA them and if they don't produce in the prescribed time you can stop paying and if they don't cough up they can't enforce;)

I think you can CCA them and if they don't produce in the prescribed time you can stop paying and if they don't cough up they can't enforce;)

Hello kurvaface thanks for replying, what is the prescribed time for the creditors ?

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter of xxxxxxx telling me what my agreement would have looked like. Please see below what payment would have looked like if you had been able to provide an enforceable agreement;

4to5zd.jpg

Yours Truly,

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

12 + 2 days I think after which you can put the account into dispute

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter of xxxxxxx telling me what my agreement would have looked like. Please see below what payment would have looked like if you had been able to provide an enforceable agreement;

4to5zd.jpg

Yours Truly,

thank you VERY much you just woke my wife up!!

she wanted to know why i was laughing so much

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How am I supposed to post anything when I keep laughing? Shame on you cerberusalert...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: