You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

postggj

Motor Insurance Cancelled With No Notice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3942 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just Been And Checked My Email And Found Out My Motor Insurance Has Been Cancelled.

Its A New Policy, About Three Months.

I Sent In My No Claims Bonus For Which They Never Received It.

They Said They Would Phone Marks And Sparks And Get Confirmation On The Phone.

Nowi Hav No Insurance

I Pay Monthly So That Close Premium Finance Are Involved.

Ive A Feeking I Am Going To Get Shafted On Some Sort Of Short Fall.

Right Some Advice

The Email Saying They Were Going To Cancel My Insurance Was Sent On The 16 June

Insurance Was Cancelled On 16 June.

Does Not A Recorded Letter Need To Be Sent To Confirm Receipt Of This. An Email With 12 Hours Notice Does Not Cut The Mustard.

I Could Have Been Driving Down From Scotland

It Was The Broker Who Cancelled The Insurance, All Payments Were Up To Date

So I Have Been Left With No Insurance Or Adaquate Notice To Cancel, Payments Up To Date

Can I Do Any Thing About This

Ive Requested Details Of There Complaints Dept

Quick Bump

I think its common practice to cancel policies when no NCD has been received, though it would be better all round for the insurer to chase it or charge additional premiums whilst waiting.

I think you have been treated unfairly, and i also think the FOS would agree.

Meny Thanks

What About Giving 12 Hours Notice To Cancel By Email

I Thought They Had To Send A Recorded Letter Saying They Would Cancel On Xyz Date

Being The Insurer Would Be Liable For Any Accidents Being The Policy Holder Was Not Informed

The letter doesn't have to be sent recorded delivery, however I believe they do have to send a letter to the last known address giving 7 days notice of cancellation!

An email on the day the policy is cancelled is totally unacceptable!!!!!!

Edited by shudder

If you were paying by DD they could not take any increased payments for the removal of your ncd without your authority. Our company writes to advise of the increase and to call etc to confirm that you are ok to pay the extra. If no response they send the cancellation letter.

Agreed that emailing cancellation is a no no.

My boyfriend's car insurance was cancelled for no proof of NCB. We had recieved a few letters and contaceted our previous insurer regarding NCB.

A month passed and we went on holiday . On our return their was a letter saying my credit card was refunded half the premium. The other half was on cost of cover , brokers fees and commision and admin charge which amounted to £100.

My boyfriend contacted the company NCI insurance services and was told as soon as he got the proof to fax it or mail it and they could reinstate the policy. A few days later and during which time he was commuting by train to work I faxed the proof of NCD and phoned them only to be told a new policy costing £270 would be taken out.

I want to complain as I didnot recieve a written notice of cancellation . Moreover I have not been refunded the entire amount I should have been . I did not receive a terms and condition booklet and didnot get a chance to reinstate the policy.

Will I be able to get some of these fees refunded? I have since paid out for a new policy with another insurer as I did not want to deal with these rip off merchants!!!

Tracy