Success with Activ Kapital......Debt Written Off!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have various debts and am on a debt management plan so I take responsibility for my debts.

Imagine my surprise a year ago when I got a letter from Activ Kapital stating that I owed £316 for a Dorothy Perkins account that I had never had.

I responded to the letter by saying that it wasn't my debt. I got phoned every day almost and it almost sent me round the bend! But I kept my cool and made them know in no uncetain terms that the debt wasn't mine and they had to prove it.

Time moved on and I sent Activ Kapital a CCA request which they denied receiving and then admitted they had received it.

After various threatening phonecalls from them I spoke to what must be the only decent person working at Activ Kapital and he agreed that because they could not produce a signed credit agreement/statements that the debt wasn't enforceable.

The debt was then written off 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since!

My advice is don't let these DCA's grind you down, keep your cool, write to them (recorded delivery), CCA them and basically do not ever back down if the debt isn't yours.

Take Care

Katpuss xx

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

• 2 months later...

so it wasn't yours then anyhow, so it's not written off, just passed to another sucker?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...