Jump to content

Fixed Penalty Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I received a Fixed Penalty Notice off of my local constabulary for offence code 1918 - exceeding 30 minutes waiting limit. However, on the ticket the road that they are saying I was parked on is incorrect. I was parked on a road of a completely different name that is about half a mile from the one they are claiming I was parked on. Even if I was parked wrongly can I still appeal against the ticket as the information they have on it is incorrect or would they just send me another ticket with the correct information on?


Does any of that make sense?????



Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is, you'll be appealing in front of a magistrate. Every chance they could just take the fact you were parked over time as the only important matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know if you were parked within a civil enforcement area (CEA)? If you are not sure then confirm the local council authority.


If the location is within a CEA then you will have no need to worry as the police cannot issue a FPN for such a contravention. See the link.


The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General Regulations 2007 (No. 3483) - Statute Law Database

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I find out whether I was in a Civil Enforcement Area or not?


It was in Great Yarmouth so it'd be Great Yarmouth Borough Council. All this stuff confuses me!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You weren't. Great Yarmouth is not DPE.


Elect to fight the FPN (NB: you must do this; doing nothing will not automatically take the matter to Court).


When the matter comes before the Court, plead not guilty and prove that your vehicle was elsewhere at the time. The fact that 'elsewhere' was illegally parked is not relevant and the Magistrates cannot do as A127 suggests as the summons will specify the locus of the alleged offence.


If you can't prove that the vehicle was elsewhere, then give up now and pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...