Please help CCS bailiffs want remove goods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

I'm so glad i found this website.

ill start with the basics. I dont have a driving license so I dont have any knowledge of the procedures involved in buying and selling cars.

My parent gave me the keys to a van to sell as they were leaving the country, which i did. i sold the van to a chap gave him the keys and recieved the cash which i gave to my brother. a few months later I recieved a parking ticket. found out that I had to tell the DVLA that i was not the registered owner. my mum sent a letter to waltham forest council after she recieved parking tickets as well, stating that she sold the van to me which i was going to use for hauling my soundsystem around. (my hobbie) which i couldnt use as the van was too small.

so I sent a letter to the DVLA but had to wait for 4-6 weeks to recieve a letter of confirmation. which i never recieved. by which point it had gone to the bailiffs. now i just sent another letter to the DVLA. the bailif told me to contact the council which i did. they send they could send me a form but i had to provide recipts and other things like bank statements of the transaction of sale, but the bailiff has to tell me what he can accept. so i contacted him yesterday but he was out and i left him my number to call me back.

Today though I got a knock on the door which i ignored and then a letter saying ATTENDANCE NOTICE THE CLEARENCE OF GOODS.

I called today with transportation to remove (in red highlight) your goods. I will be calling back within 48 hours with the police (red highlight) in attendance if necessary, to complete my task. this action will be taken without further notice.

I will seize and remove sufficient goods and chattels as are necessary to clear the debt . blah blah

TO AVOID THESE DISTRESSING AND COSTLY ACTIONS CONTACT ME IMMEDITALY.

I'm freaking out as im living at my mum's house and using the 2 downstairs rooms to store and work on mine and my friends sounsystem which we built mostly by hand. and the amplifiers which we have worked for years to put together. not worth alot at all as everything was bought second hand with no recipts. i'm also recieving JSA as i was made redundant a few months back doing interior decorating. (i was caring for my auntie for a few years but she past away last year.)

i also live with my girlfriend and shes is freaking out!!!!

theres no way i can afford to pay anything.

do I phone him in the morning and beg for a payment option?

i recieved a letter a week ago saying if we dont hear from you within the next 7 days we will have no alternative but to return the warrent to the council. this could result in the council initiating certain legal proceedings, such as application for a COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT.

AM I SCREWED?

Do i lose everything.

thanks so much for your help

do not open your door to the bailiffs they will not get the police

if your mum is worried get her to phone the police they will confirm that they do not help bailiffs to enter peoples homes to levy goods or to to remove goods for parking tickets

my mum doesnt have a copy unfortunatly so I phones the council and asked them to send me a council tax bill. The bailiff is planning on coming tommorow.

I did phone him but left him a message to tell him that I am sending him a copy of the bill when I recieve it.

Do i need to borrow my friends dog??

thanks for your help

Edited by outcry
being at bit more specific

dont borrow a dog dont act threatening or he will call the police, and they can make alot of stories up just ask around.

dont open the door no matter what he says, pass all documents through a letter box or failing that through a window

if police do come with him they cannot help him enter just to make sure theres no breach of the police

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Take my advice and do not threaten the bailiff in any way or form! He will attend with the police and they may not fully understand what their involvement should be. l had the bailiff attending with the police and the end result was that the bailiff gained entry with help of the police. Stay calm, do not freak out, but, return to the main issue YOU NEVER OWNED THE VEHICLE FOR USE AS YOU DO NOT HAVE A DRIVING LICENCE. Sort the problem out with the council. File a statutory declaration of Out of Time. You can download this from the net. That will give you some breathing space and time to solve your problem. Meanwhile, lock all doors and windows to stop the bailiff from gaining ''peaceful entry''. Do not open any door or window on the ground floor if you elect to talk to him, but, do it from an upstairs window. You'll be ok if you handle this correctly.

GR

Thanks so much for the help!!

I will phone him in the morning to see if he will accept at least £10 a week. If he tries to force me to pay the whole amonut then I will be screwed.

I will be online in the morning to see what happends

thanks again

chris

dont offer to pay more than you can afford

do yourself an expenditure form

write down what you have coming in and what you have going out

always put you priority bills first

these will be your rent ,gas ,electric ,rent arrears, magistrates fines, tv licence and food

also dont forget to put a little for entertainment and clothes

when you subtract your out goings from your incomings

split what you have left in half and offer them half

(this advice was given to me from the law centre )

the bailiff is being dificult. wants me to pay the full amount as i am due for another visit this week

mmmmmm

i got cut off (run out of £££) so i sent a text saying sorry i spent my last 2 pounds. will try and resolve this today and call you in the morning. im on JSA after redundancy and its dificult.

lets hope tommorow he changes his mind