Mackenzie Hall Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you contact consumer direct they'll forward everything to your local trading standards and also lodge a complaint with the OFT for you. The OFT will then send an authorisation letter to include your details in any complaints against MH :)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just wanted to confirm that they can't break the door down and just come in and start taking stuff can they? Because my mum seems to think this is what they do...sorry but I don't really know much about these types of things..maybe thats why they are so harsh towards me..or should i say was so harsh towards me, they won't be anymore with all the knowledge i have gained from here! :smile:

Just to put your mind at rest, NO THEY CAN'T do any of that. They are a DCA, not a bailiff. Only a bailiff can take your goods and only if you have been to court, got a CCJ against you and you refused to pay what the court ordered. These "people" prey on your ignorance but now you know more, you can laugh at their petty attempts at harassment :)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Solicitors? Rest easy, suepoo85 - MH aren't even capable of soliciting prostitution. They have no hold over you whatsoever, you're not obliged to interact with them in any way, and the advice you've been given up to now is sound and correct. MH are skating on very thin ice at the moment, so an OFT complaint would be advisable.

MH are full of hot air. If they call again, take their name and advise you know of them currently being under investigation and that you'll add this threat to it.

MH are at the very bottom of the DCA dung heap. The only time they will see the inside of a court is when they are the defendants. They have ABSOLUTELY NO LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER. If your debt has been passed to these cretins you can rest assured that its probably not enforceable anyway. They are under serious OFT and TS investigation at present and as such you MUST report them and their sharp practices. They have NO power to remove anything from your home or anyone elses home for that matter. They do not even have the legal authority to come to your door

Just reading other posts about Mackenzie Hall on here, do you think it is worth sending them the £1 and requesting a copy of the original credit agreement? They have 28 days to send it to me is that correct?

I just had a phonecall from them, I never answered, they left a voicemail saying "regarding your recent communication you are required to call the office before 6pm" and then hung up. She must be speaking about the letter I sent to them shall I call back orr just leave it? In my letter I did state I only wanted to be contacted by writing

DO NOT CALL THEM. They are only a DCA and you are not REQUIRED to do anything. They have NO LEGAL POWERS and they only want you to phone so as their telephone threat monkeys can bully you into making a payment. The only way to speak to a DCA is through a medium.

UPDATE- I recieved a letter from them yesterday saying:

"Further to your recent correspondence, we require to speak to you urgently. We have no contact telephone number for you, therefore could you please contact this office on 01563554788 asking for Colin McGregor, quoting your reference number so we can discuss further details. Yours sincerly, Colin Mcgregor, Accounts Manger"

Does this mean they might be willing to listen to me and set a payment plan up, or should I not phone them?

Hi,

If you do decide to ring them, make sure you record the conversation and then make a transcript of it. You don't have to tell them you are recording the call.

As ODC says, they are a DCA so you don't really need to ring them but sometimes little nuggets of their stupidity come forth when they're not expecting you to record :-)

Don't bother trying to contact them. And if a CCA has been sent and you've got proof of post, you need do nothing else - even if another agency (probably Meritforce) calls about the same thing.

I've never known MH to fulfil a CCA request, ever. Depending on where the 'debt' is from, they don't bother to refer the request to client. Contrary to law, I know, but that's their routine practice.

I think i'm going to call them as silverfox1961 said and record the call, I can do that on my new hi tech mobile, i only found out it could do it yesterday! I'll let you know how I get on, if they start getting shirty I know not to be scared now from all the advice I have recieved on here x

Hi Sue, you will probably find that MacHall will totally ignore you and pass the account on to their sidekicks Meritforce who will threaten to visit you at home (panic not!!). If Meritforce do contact you just write back (by recorded delivery of course, otherwise they'll simply say they didn't get it!), telling them that the account is in dispute with MacHall and they're not allowed to pass it on etc (we can give you the letter for that if it happens).

MH are a pain in the backside and totally unprofessional to boot - which is why they've been investigated by the OFT and Trading standards. Please don't worry yourself over anything they say to you - you will get all the help you need on here to deal with them!

Tell your mum not to worry CAG have your case well in hand and no-one is allowed to take anything from you without a court order (MH aren't bright enough to get one anyway!!).

Ellx

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Sue, Just checking your progress..be prepared to be told they'll take the soul of your firstborn or boil your bunny if you ring them!! Believe nothing they say, I normally say DON'T RING!!!!! ....but if you're certain you're feeling up to it and record their lies it's more ammo against them.

Go girl :D

Elsa x