K Fraser Associates/ PJ Consumer Debt Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My lovely old neighbour just placed a letter through my door.

It is addressed to him about ME.

It tells him they are trying to get in touch with me, and gives him a self addressed envelope urging him to send them any information about me.. such as forwarding address.

It is a DCA but I dont know what the debt is.

I am also deeply embarassed by this, a quick google of the details would say it is a DCA.

Am I just to accept this?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO! Complain to the OFT, Trading Standards and your MP as a matter of urgency!!

This kind of behaviour is absolutely not acceptible!!!!

Physical/psychological harassment

Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a.

contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

b.

pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further

borrowing or to extend their borrowing

c.

using more than one debt collection business at the same time

resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different parties

d.

not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as

appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different

parties

e.

not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a

different debt collector

f.

pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments,

or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

g.

making threatening statements or gestures or taking actions which

suggest harm to debtors

h.

ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

i.

disclosing or threatening to disclose debt details to third parties unless

legally entitled to do so

j.

acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting

correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox,

thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

Complain complain complain!! This type of tactic is not acceptible surely!!

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Hi

I do know this is the kind of thing DCA's do - I have actually had a letter to say that 'following enquiries in your neighbourhood it has been confirmed that you are still resident at your address'.

I would complain to the OFT, Trading Standards and IFO.

Has the DCA been trying to contact you, or have you just moved? More information would be helpful (obviously not personal), but the name of the DCA would help too.

I could just cry right now, I also found this article which states it is OK as long as no personal details have been given out about me. Is my name not personal to me???

Dear Occupier, pay up now - even if this debt is nothing to do with you | Money | The Observer

The OFT said there is no rule about this. The ICO have me on hold and have not yet got through to an advisor.

Have a read of post no. 3 on this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/198728-so-thats-ok-then.html

Unfortunately, the ICO thinks its ok for DCA's/OC's to contact neighbours in order to trace you as long as they do not give any information as to why in the letters. Shocking.....

This is a typical DCA tactic, and they are fishing for information. I would ignore until they actually contact you, at your address.

Still put them complaints in though!!!

They are chasing an old debt, I have had no dealings with them before and it is only recently they sent me a letter demanding I urgently contact them.

Their letters are quite bare, just states K FRASER ASSOCIATES with a PO Box address on the top.

A google search told me it was a DCA.

Have a read of post no. 3 on this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/198728-so-thats-ok-then.html

Unfortunately, the ICO thinks its ok for DCA's/OC's to contact neighbours in order to trace you as long as they do not give any information as to why in the letters. Shocking.....

This is a typical DCA tactic, and they are fishing for information. I would ignore until they actually contact you, at your address.

Still put them complaints in though!!!

They have given my neighbour two bits of information about me, from their letter.

1. I owe them money

2. My full name

Then complain away to everyone because they cannot state the purpose of needing to contact you and is more than likely a breach of the DPA.

Try not to panic - as I said, this sounds like they are fishing. Wait until you receive letters at your home - then you can fire a couple of letters off to them. You say this is an old debt - when was the last time you made a payment or acknowledged it in writing (if at all)?

Mr ton has posted a link to an excellent website which helps you complain to everyone. Take a look, and you could find it a useful site to complain about this DCA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/198720-howtocomplain-com.html#post2159020

Report Them To The Oft!!!!!

The OFT didn't want to know. They referred me to the ICO.

Woman at ICO asked me to read her the letter and told me to file a complaint with them as she thinks its breach of Data Protection.

So next step is to send the DCA a complaint, asking them why they are sharing my personal information with my neighbours and breaching my Data... and she said I am to forward this complaint to the ICO too.

It doesnt help that my neighbours now know my busines. i wonder if next door got one too!

I remember ages ago getting a similar letter from Credit Solutions asking me for information regarding me and telling me it would be treated in strictest confidence. I wrote back asking them how much they would pay for information. Strangely they never wrote back.

Then complain away to everyone because they cannot state the purpose of needing to contact you and is more than likely a breach of the DPA.

Try not to panic - as I said, this sounds like they are fishing. Wait until you receive letters at your home - then you can fire a couple of letters off to them. You say this is an old debt - when was the last time you made a payment or acknowledged it in writing (if at all)?

Mr ton has posted a link to an excellent website which helps you complain to everyone. Take a look, and you could find it a useful site to complain about this DCA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/198720-howtocomplain-com.html#post2159020

Well this complaint is going to start it all up again now isn't it :(

I would get everyone involved here:

The police (not 999)

The OFT (make them want to know if they say they dont)

The information commissoner

Trading standards

Your MP

Make an official complaint on Howtocomplain.com

....and any other official body/organisation you can think of :)

Edited by mr.ton

Well this complaint is going to start it all up again now isn't it :(

Complaining about them won't start it all up again. Your not acknowledging the debt, your complaining about the DPA breach.

I did ask previously, but how old is the debt and when did you last acknowledge it (either in writing, or by making a payment).

http://www.esd.informationcommission...esd/search.asp

Registration Number: Z6058573

Data Controller: P & J CONSUMER DEBT SERVICES

Address:

1 SOVEREIGN PARK

CLEVELAND WAY

HEMEL HEMPSTEAD

HP2 7DA

Other Names:

P&J DEBT COLLECTION SERVICES

KATHY FRASER ASSOCIATES

K FRASER ASSOCIATES. PO BOX 239. HEMEL HEMPSTEAD. HERTS. HP2 7LB.

Tel: 01442 848507

Clemma I have absolutely no idea but I am only aware of three debts which are being dealt with. I have cleaned up my credit file tremendously.

All I can think is this is a very old debt, or a new debt which has passed to someone else without my knowledge. in which case, surely they would have to tell me?

I have a right to be told why I am being contacted, and not obscure letters - and I do recall they sent me one a while ago which was quite disturbing in its wording and said nothing about any debts.

Why not play fair?

Playing fair and DCA are two phrases that dont go together.

If they have contacted you before, without giving any information, then its 100% fishing. They may think you are the person they are looking for - if you know you owe no more debts, then just ignore them. If you really wanted to send a letter, you could fire off the prove it letter - but then you would have to give them your address.

Clemma I have absolutely no idea but I am only aware of three debts which are being dealt with. I have cleaned up my credit file tremendously.

All I can think is this is a very old debt, or a new debt which has passed to someone else without my knowledge. in which case, surely they would have to tell me?

I have a right to be told why I am being contacted, and not obscure letters - and I do recall they sent me one a while ago which was quite disturbing in its wording and said nothing about any debts.

Why not play fair?

Fair and DCA never go in the same sentence :rolleyes:

They are chasing an old debt, I have had no dealings with them before and it is only recently they sent me a letter demanding I urgently contact them.

Their letters are quite bare, just states K FRASER ASSOCIATES with a PO Box address on the top.

A google search told me it was a DCA.

They should also show a `real` correspondence address somewhere on the letter, and not just a silly PO Box Number to hide behind.

I could set up a PO Box Number and write to you asking for money. Would you send me payment? I doubt it.

Complaining to the powers that be probably won`t get you anywhere, but it`s your call. They all cry about being understaffed and underpaid, and that they don`t have time for `little things`, pretty much like everyone.

If your pally with your neighbour, you could ask him to ring them up (with-holding his number) and say something like `Some silly cxxx from your place has dropped a letter through my door asking for information on someone, why don`t you just fxxx off? You bunch of arseholes!`

Don`t bother contacting them yourselves, there`s no point. Wait untill you get something from them, and see if it`s worth replying to.

Such silly people, aren`t they?

N.P

• Haha 1

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Well, they can`t be that good then if they write to the neighbour.

Let`s just hope your on good terms with your neighbour and he blanks them.

I had a letter from `Asset Trace & Investigation Ltd` chasing my Lloyds TSB Card. They soon went the way of the DoDo.

I wish I had a cool name I could put on silly letters :cool:

Still, at least these cranks aren`t up to the standard of the FBI, NSA, or the CIA, or we`d all be moosed then :-D

N.P

Edited by N.P
Crap grammer, and lousy spelling

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)