Something for you to have a chuckle at

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh how I wish we could see their faces when they open it :lol::D

Hope you don't mind, but in the sentence "you are not obliged to pass this on to" it should be "you are not allowed to pass this on to "

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Oh how I wish we could see their faces when they open it :lol::D

Hope you don't mind, but in the sentence "you are not obliged to pass this on to" it should be "you are not allowed to pass this on to "

yep - i'll change that bit- it wont go out in the post until Monday anyway. Just can't get over the stupidity of these people!

You will soon discover that no-one is surprised anymore at anything done by carter and his little empire:D

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I do hope you post up their response :D

In the unlikely event of getting one I certainly will! They've given up phoning me a while ago and this is the first auto generated template crap I've had for a while. My first reply to their standard crap was equally charming.

Unlike the advice on here - which I think those who aren't used to should take - I actually speak to them on the phone when they call. In fact I love it and love winding them up, I usually ask them to take me to court so we can speed everything up. Currently in a quiet patch though at the moment. I have 14 accounts all in dispute and the only current phone calls are the boring ones from Mercers who just don't give up phoning. Even when I speak to them they read their notes back from past calls and then say "Yes, we spoke to you on such and such a day and you mentioned you had no intentions of paying ever" Yes I did, so why are you still ringing me?"

I think the funniest one was the agent that came round form a Natwest account passed onto CD UK. I made him a cup of tea, sat down in the lounge with him and then proceeded to baffle him to the point where he knew I knew more than he did so he brought the moral card to the table - "you've spent the money sir, don't you feel a moral obligation to pay it back?"

Me- " well morally let's say someone takes out a credit card in 1990 - they spend £10K on it and then pay back the minimum payments for the next 17 years at whatever crazy APR it's on - so for arguments sake they pay back £250 per month which is a total of £3000 per year x 17 making the total amount paid to the lender over a 15 year period £51000 and the balance is still £10000. Now you wish to question the moral aspect, lets talk about that shall we" He didn't spend much longer in my company.

Hi Wilko1,

I have got one of those yellow cards too! Account also in dispute. re Phoenix recoveries.( littlewoods) I was going to send something similar to what you are sending, as I have lived here 14 years and never denied it!

I was thinking of sending..have reported u to OFT, and can confirm that your head office is...(it's on this website somewhere, just need to find it again.)

I look forward to reading their response to you.

"They don't like it up em you know" :-o Pike to Captain Mannering Dads Army:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!