OFT & PHOENIX- MARLIN and their mates.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please will anybody with dealings with Phoenix and their mates complain to the OFT, if you feel you have reason to.

The OFT seem interested in this group at the moment, instead of the automated reply they normally send i've been asked quite a few questions.

You could point out that this company is a luxembourg registered company, especially as despite the Ltd in its name, it is not a uk registered company, even though it clearly masquerades as one.

Any false statements or harrassment could be drawn to the OFT'S attention.

You could also point out any suspected breaches of the Money Laundering Regulations.

The more complaints the OFT get, the more likely that action will be taken against this bunch, who in my opinion have no regard for uk law and seem to only buy unenforceable debts and attempt to obtain Judgement by any means they can.

The OFT'S EMAIL is.

[email protected]

You may only get an automated email back, but the more complaints that are logged the better

Love to help - but unfortunately they are one of the few people I'm nit dealing with at moment.

Maybe I will in the future. Perhaps I should lodge a complaint on the grounds that, while I have no complaint at the moment, I probably will sometime soon.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I will be complaining as soon as I'm able and I shall pass this thread on to some of the other caggers involved with this mottley crew.

Discovered another unsuspecting poor soul on the forum today...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/204329-overturning-ccj.html

They really are evil :-x

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Hi Jon have you seen this?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/195364-bramber-dr-daf-ltd.html

Out of interest... Who would I complain to re this..

My alleged debt for which I currently have a CCJ thanks to Marlin is shown on my CRA 3 times...

Once for the CCJ

Once under the OC HFC for default

and once under Marlin for default ...all the same 'debt' but it makes it look as though I've defaulted on about £30k

Is it any wonder I can't even open a current account!

Spam. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

May I ask which Phoenix you are referring to?

Phoenix Credit Services (Co-operative Bank??)

or

Phoenix Recovery Services

Phoenix Recoveries... the Luxembourg outfit that Marlin collect for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Please will anybody with dealings with Phoenix and their mates complain to the OFT, if you feel you have reason to.

The OFT seem interested in this group at the moment, instead of the automated reply they normally send i've been asked quite a few questions.

You could point out that this company is a luxembourg registered company, especially as despite the Ltd in its name, it is not a uk registered company, even though it clearly masquerades as one.

Any false statements or harrassment could be drawn to the OFT'S attention.

You could also point out any suspected breaches of the Money Laundering Regulations.

The more complaints the OFT get, the more likely that action will be taken against this bunch, who in my opinion have no regard for uk law and seem to only buy unenforceable debts and attempt to obtain Judgement by any means they can.

The OFT'S EMAIL is.

[email protected]

You may only get an automated email back, but the more complaints that are logged the better

Nows the time to complain! After Channel 4's expose, somethings got to be done.

Nows the time to complain! After Channel 4's expose, somethings got to be done.

I missed this programme (what was it called?), when was it aired and what was said about Phoenix/Marlin. Were they exposed as the blood sucking cowboys we know and love? :lol:

I missed this programme (what was it called?), when was it aired and what was said about Phoenix/Marlin. Were they exposed as the blood sucking cowboys we know and love? :lol:

In a word yes..:rolleyes:

It was Dispatches... Undercover Debt Collector... there are many repeats if you look on C4 website.

Spam. :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In a word yes..:rolleyes:

It was Dispatches... Undercover Debt Collector... there are many repeats if you look on C4 website.

Spam. :-)

Thanks for that, I've found it and watched it. What a lovely bunch of people - not. Totally predictable.:)

Worse much worse:mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the registered address of Phoenix Recoveries? I have an address in Luxemboug, but I sent my SAR to that address and it has just come back undelivered. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Regards,

Colin

Here are links to my other threads... Please take a look and offer any help you can. Thanks...

1. Legal Action - Cabot Financial (Goldfish Account) ***WON***

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?252630-Urgent-Help-Required-With-Disclosure-***WON***&highlight=

2. Legal Action - Set aside application - Marlins/Phoenix

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?265002-Set-aside-of-judgement-(acceptance)-help-needed&highlight=

3. Legal Action - Set Aside Default Judgement -Santander (B & Q Store Card)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?261340-Urgent-Help-required-drafting-defence-for-set-aside-application&highlight

You can make a donation here:

• 1 month later...

Hi all - I have made a complaint to the OFT about this racket - have not received a reply yet and still being threatened by Mortimer Clarke for bankruptcy and an amount of £1800 - that is being paid through CCCS debt management company ....should I expect an update from OFT ?