ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ACS LAW have successfully found me of downloading a said game of which

I am now subsequently facing a nice hefty fine of over £665!!! (THE UPLOADER WAS FINED £16000!),

All Internet providers know all your traces and details AND WHEN ASKED BY RELEVENT PARTIES CAN AND

WILL pass on all evidence on.......!!!???

SO if you can afford to pay such fines please carry on? or if like me STOP NOW!!!!!

AND JUST DOWNLOAD LEGAL FILES WITHOUT ANY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ATTACHED.

Homer,

Can you give us a ref/link to your case? So far no one has heard of a successful court case by ACS:Law.

You could just be a worried Mr Crossley....

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ACS LAW have successfully found me of downloading a said game of which

I am now subsequently facing a nice hefty fine of over £665!!! (THE UPLOADER WAS FINED £16000!),

All Internet providers know all your traces and details AND WHEN ASKED BY RELEVENT PARTIES CAN AND

WILL pass on all evidence on.......!!!???

SO if you can afford to pay such fines please carry on? or if like me STOP NOW!!!!!

AND JUST DOWNLOAD LEGAL FILES WITHOUT ANY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ATTACHED.

Hello Andrew Crossley. Nice of you to join us

The £16,000 was a default judgement that Davenport Lyons managed to win. I have my suspicions about it, as do many others.

BBC NEWS | Technology | Game sharers face legal crackdown

This is the case from over a year ago, yet no one has managed to find the illusive 'Isabella Barwinska'. There are rumours that she may not even exist.

Are you a new case Mr Homer or has Isabella come home? :)

So, when the distributor uploaded these files to the p2p network , did they have the authors consent , that it what I do not get . If they did not , then they are equally guilty of copyright infringement. If they did have consent , then they are putting these files in the public domain deliberately and with the authors approval , and thus making them available freely for download .

Nobody is even questioning the integrity or lack thereof of the legal distributor putting these files up on the p2p network for download in the first place , something else I do not get .

Edited by Drexl Spivey

Hi, I got same letter from ACS:LAW, but i did ignored that letter, then after about 3 month i got another, saying that if i didn't pay £500 in 7 days im endup in the court!

But there is the thing, i didn't done anything illegal, newer downloaded a thing,unless it my game updates (playing world of warkraft).

edited.

please dont swear or ask for money.

Edited by HSBCrusher

I got 2 letters in July 2009 and in September 2nd 2009.Now gone up to £1000 from ACS:LAW. Contacted BT,Watchdog,Otelo at BT,Scoottish and English Regulation Authority,they took all details of letter ans say don't pay as in past few months ,thousands have complained and ip address doesn't prove anything in court,have since phoned ACS:LAW and informed them of everyone I contacted and told them they are being investigated low and behold they phoned back saying they have stopped any action against me and I have been taken of there database.So everyone go and do the same and the Scottish and English Regulation Authority were excellent so contact them.

Edited by DR DOLITTLE
spelling mistake

I'm just worried now that my mum is going to have to pay for something that she didn't do, its unfair how people like ACS can get away with doing these things, I just heard on the news about a postal strike so her letter will end up there later than next day signed for :Cry: which costs £4.95

phone the scottish or english regulation authority or email them,google there number and they will take all your details like me as they are going to do one big case on them cos theres thousands got same letter lately and the regulation people say there letter is illegal and then phone the ACS:LAW and tell them you have done this and say you will get an IT professional to check your hardrive and ACS will have the bill sent to them and they will back down straight away.

I got 2 letters in July 2009 and in September 2nd 2009.Now gone up to £1000 from ACS:LAW. Contacted BT,Watchdog,Otelo at BT,Scoottish and English Regulation Authority,they took all details of letter ans say don't pay as in past few months ,thousands have complained and ip address doesn't prove anything in court,have since phoned ACS:LAW and informed them of everyone I contacted and told them they are being investigated low and behold they phoned back saying they have stopped any action against me and I have been taken of there database.So everyone go and do the same and the Scottish and English Regulation Authority were excellent so contact them.

very good info

also

Guys just for advise that might help try the following. i am not trying to offend the administrators here and hope this is OK.

Google beingthreatened yola and go to the site for information and advice and some good templates of letters required.

P.S. i have also informed the above and Tading Standards who informed me that they are also investigating this company

Just called the SRA and they are aware of ACS:LAW and advised to keep any more papework they send but do not reply. p.s. I have already sent both LOD & LOD2

They informed me that they are in the process of compiling all the complaints about ACS:LAW and will make a decision within the next couple of weeks. They asked if I could call back then.

EVERYONE make sure you complain to the SRA on the phone the girls there are busy but they are hepful.

Solicitors Regulation Authority

Email .. [email protected]

Website ..Solicitors Regulation Authority - Raising standards for solicitors

The English SRA number is 0870 606 2555

or cheap version 01527 504 450

alternatively google SRA then "contact us"

The bigger this gets the bigger the hammer will fall.:p

Edited by Angryman273

Have recieved 2 letters from ACS:LAW. Just sent a LOD, I used the template i got linked to on here. Its the first one i have sent so i used bits from both LOD's.

What can i expect next from ACS LAW and is there anything else i can do?

This is great everyone fighting back. This is the details of the ones I have been dealing with if anyone wants them and I also contacted Which magazine which are investigating them too.

Solicitors Regulation Authority

Email .. [email protected]

Website ..Solicitors Regulation Authority - Raising standards for solicitors

Phone .. 0870 606 2555

The Ombudsman is

The Legal Services Ombudsman

3rd Floor

Sunlight House

Quay Street

Manchester

M3 3JZ

Email [email protected]

Website ..Office of the Legal Services Ombudsman for England and Wales (OLSO)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks