Lowell Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I need some advice.

I have received a letter from THEM saying i owed them XXXX, i replied with a CCA letter (sent recorded!) they replied saying we are looking to get it from the XXXX co. Their time expired and I have now sent them a letter saying you have not sent blah blah these letters I used form the Consumer Forum library (thank you!!)

What should I expect now and how should I proceed?!!

Many thanks in advance for any advice

XX

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

expect more demands and total ignorance from them and then something that is meant to be a cca.

and expect to laugh at their replies.

ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I am dealing with Lowell in behalf of a friend. hey have some how obtained my new un registered mobile number. I know my friend would not have given it to them because she has got the old one and my new one is family only number which i had had the matter of 3 weeks.

I never gave them any number on the letters. They told me the person i am acting on behalf of gave them it but i know she could not have.

Anyway they are a bunch of liars so never believe what they say until they have buggered off.

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

i also sent for cca from lowells on 2/4/09 got the same reply waiting for it from archives from origional company,still waiting for it.reply letter dated

17/4/09 but never recieved it untill 24/4/09 will chase them up tomorrow again.

• Haha 1

How are this company allowed to continue with the tactics they use. Surely they have breached countless regulations. And how can the people that work there sleep at night!!

The woman I spoke to was extremely insulting to me. After asking who the company was who I owed the money too, she said "Do you owe to that many companies you have forgotten!!!" If i could have put my hand down the phone I would have choked her!! I have no credit purely because i don't have and have never had a credit card. I have no loans and not a dot on HP. I buy with hard earned cash, if i don't haveit, I don't buy it!!!!

I refuse to have my hard earned cash given to someone who does naff all. I have a respectable job and for the first time in my life feel secure!!

A good place to be in this current climate.:cool:

never call them. they are making money on your call. they will only try to humilate, bully and scare you.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

How are this company allowed to continue with the tactics they use. Surely they have breached countless regulations. And how can the people that work there sleep at night!!

they are sailing very close to the wind,and are being watched by OFT /TS/FOS at the moment.

they will say anything to get a payment,abuse that you cant prove unless you have been lucky enough to record their vile crap:)and thats why they dont like it when you refuse to speak to them,they cant talk to you like that in a letter:rolleyes:

everyone continue to report,every complaint costs them:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

• Haha 1

With regard to your question of how they keep getting away with it, this is why we ask everyone with any problem to notify the OFT and TS as this is the only way they can be stopped. They have had their own way for too long and it is time to stand up and be counted.

As requested Sam, !

• Haha 2

Hi,

Just responding to your PM.

You asked how to see them off. Well it is easy so long as they don't have the agreement.

You say they have "graciously" stopped collection activity until such time an agreement is found.

They are fairly predictable in their tactics.

In my case, once I'd asked for the agreement, they sent 3 letters and then a final one saying they couldn't find the agreement "within the timescales allowed" so they were closing my file. Each letter before they vanished offered me the opportunity to settle for a smaller amount which I chose to ignore.

I don't think you will be able to get rid of them entirely as they love to screw with your credit file to make things awkward for a few years. Up to now, the only time anyone's credit file has been cleared is by taking Lowells to court (I could be wrong of course :))

It's just a case of wait and see at the moment. If you've not read my liitle thread on lowells, I can point you in the right direction.

fox

EDIT- message for SAM614- Whoohoo, you have a second green blob:D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

devonhillbilly.

as silverfox says,they are predictable,so you will prob go the same route that we have already travelled,

up to you regarding f&f that they will try as a last ditch attempt to get something back,

I would not give them a penny:rolleyes:

watch your file though as they like to do it for spite,me thinks.

silverfox.:D

gold and 2 blobs way me,thanks to citizenB

You will probably received a letter from them stating that they have 40 days to comply with your CCA request. They pulled this one on me (well, on my friend, who's debts I am dealing with on her behalf). They think they can apply the same rules as a SAR to the CCA.

If you DO get a letter like this, I have a brilliant template you could use, given to me by a fellow Cagger. I will post it below.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

Full credit for this goes to fellow CAG user ODC:

Dear Ms Swallow

Thank you for your rather silly letter. You are in fact mistaken in your misguided response to my CCA request. As a Credit Professional :rolleyes:belonging to a company who are members of the CSA:grin: I would have thought that you would be au fait with current legislation. You are sadly mistaken in you opinion that you have more than 12 working days to comply with my legal request and I suggest you contact a solicitor for Legal advice (I would not recommend your in house team of Hampton Legal).

On this occasion I will put your response down to mere stupidity rather than a deliberate attempt to deceive which as you know would be a clear breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, The CSA Code as well as the OFT Guidelines on the Collection of Debt.

Actually I think I will report the matter to the OFT as it would appear the lack of knowledge the Consumer Credit Act would indicate perhaps that the Lowell Group are not fit to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

You cannot pretend that you were not aware of the change in Legislation as it has been pointed out to you numerous times by members of the Consumer Action Group.

Infact I dont even know why you bothered sending you silly letter to me when you know as well as I do that Capital One will be unable to produce anything remotely resembling a properly executed CCA Agreement.

So why waste my time and yours by pretending otherwise.

yours etc

I ammended it ever so slightly, and it was sent the other day. I can't wait to see how they reply :D

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

I was thinking of maybe sending a jiffy bag of dog s**t to Cornell's home address with a note "as you send crap to my home ..."

I think I read somewhere a hedge fund invested in these maggots. Maybe sending protest letters to the directors home address might cause them some hurt.

• Haha 1

ok got the letter for extra days but no offer a f&f. Should I reply to this or sit and wait some more? Startin to pee me off now!!

They say in the letter "in accordance with schedule 2, paragraph 2(a) of the act that deals with any request under section 10" that they can carry on processing my details.

you can inform the lovely ms swallow that she has not got another 30days:)

send the letter by ODC.

think she is told this weekly now,but still not sunk in.

or just sit and wait for your sorry we cant get your cca,but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee still pay us letter.

ok, new letter recieved.

Following your recent request to be provided with a copy of the original credit agreement in respect of the Consumer yadda yadda I can confirm our client 1st Credit has requested that your credit agreement be retrieved from archive.

Once your agreement is retrieved you will be required to repay in full. If deemed necessary, we may initiate legal proceedings which could increase yadda yadda.

Is this another BS letter i should respond to somehow?!!