• Tweets

• for more information both driving offences were on the same day 18/11/23 so currently fall inside the 6 month mark for prosecution is that correct?
    • You're a wizard with Booking.com, Dave. I'll wait to see if you have any joy talking to your buddy and hope you have a good catch up. Thank you for doing this. I'm not sure the owner of this gite knows what she's doing so I'll certainly mention what you've just said about customer services. I'll wait for the result of your conversation first, though. HB
    • Yes, I noticed that.  Too much of a coincidence methinks!  The OP says they never received a LoC and then in the CPR answer the solicitors say they hold a copy of the LoC but don't include it. I think the best thing is not to request a copy but use this against them in your WS - you never received LoC and indeed in their answer to your CPR request (included an an exhibit in the WS) they included various documents but not the LoC.
    • Frustratingly I've got a voice WhatsApp message from my friend but he's misunderstood the situation and thinks it's you who wants to cancel.  Anyway, I've answered asking if I can call him and hopefully the two of us will be free at the same time today to actually speak on the phone. In the meantime I found this on a page I think meant for people/businesses who have listings on Booking.com How can I communicate with guests to inform them about unforeseen issues at my property and initiate a cancellation? If you’re experiencing unforeseen issues and can’t accommodate your guests, you must report this to our customer service. They will support you with the cancellation request and relocation of the guests, if applicable. https://partner.booking.com/en-gb/help/reservations/changes-cancellations/handling-cancellations-and-guests-cancellation-requests#question-153182 So that's what the host should be doing.  
    • Hi ALl,    Would appreciate some advice and support. I went to insure my car with my partner last night and they refused insurance. I checked my dvla license online and it stated I have been disqualified for 6 months. This is due to 2 driving offences that I failed to identify the driver. I moved house a year ago and completely forgot about changing the registered address. This went to court on 14th May 24 and was given a fine for both and 6 points each totalling 12 points and a 6 month ban. I have read a few things online and spoken to a couple of solicitors for a quick consultation and views and opinions are so varied. Some solicitors are charging extortionate money for something that I know takes 5 mins such as the statuary declaration.    I am going to complete a statutory declaration today and get a solicitor to sign and submit this. But is this just delaying the inevitable? what's the likely hood of being able to overturn this and just pleading guilty to the original 2 offences and take the 3 points for each and a fine with no ban? Any help would be much appreciated, I have been sent the papers by the courts today so have this to hand. Looks like I'm only being charged for the failure to identify and not that and the speeding offence if that makes any difference.    R
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Invalid Default Notices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well i just had a letter from DG/M & S- obviously rattled their cage

they are thinking about either

discontinuing (which i invited them to dowithout costs ) and then re issuing another DN TN and claim

or

discontinuing the part of the claim for non arrears (they are worried about the Dn's - both of them!!) suing for the arrears then coming back for another go at the sums not yet due.

talk about stop digging when you are in a hole!!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Vint,

March 08 (a couple of weeks before they up'd the limit :( )

Car finance £25,155 after deposit paid (was £24,500 but added negative equity from px into agreement)

Worth checking that out. Don't think that they can add a ghost in, to make it unregulated. Could be an unfair relationship.

First DN gave me 2 days to remedy, after complaining they issued another giving 7 days from date of letter.

If it is unregulated, then the terms of the contract that were signed should cover defaults and terminations. I would check credit situation out though. They may have pulled a fast one and it should be a regulated agreement. Might be worth a word with your trading standards.

Also, have a read here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/178390-credit-agreements-over-25k-2.html

hiya all

i thought id seen it before on this thread that the 7 days to remedy default had been changed to 14 days i thought was amended a couple of years ago?

anyone if has the info and dates only quickly to hand would appreciate it, if not pls dont worry i will continue searching

wishing you all a fun eve angel x

That was for regulated agreements under CCA 1974.

hiya vint and nks

so the regulated agreement means credit cards, loans mainly?

so if you had a default for say a bank account or phone agreement then its still 7?

sorry easily confused me,,:confused:

cheers angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hello angel 1!

I think this may help:

The applicable Date was 19/12/2006.

Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561)

Details of breach of agreement and action required to remedy, or pay compensation for, the breach

A specification of:--

(a) the provision of the agreement alleged to have been breached; and

(b) the nature of the alleged breach of the agreement, specifying clearly the matters complained of; and either

© if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which that action is to be taken; or

(d) if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which it is to be paid.

Then look further down to the notes towards the bottom...

NOTES

Amendment

Para 3: in sub-paras ©, (d) words "not less than fourteen days" in square brackets substituted by SI 2006/3094, regs 2, 3.

Date in force: 19 December 2006: see SI 2006/3094, reg 1.

This applies to all Regulated Agreements, so before that date it was 7 clear days, after that date, it became 14 clear days...after Service in each case! :wink:

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Old Links are broken! :(

Thanks Vint,

March 08 (a couple of weeks before they up'd the limit :( )

Car finance £25,155 after deposit paid (was £24,500 but added negative equity from px into agreement)

First DN gave me 2 days to remedy, after complaining they issued another giving 7 days from date of letter.

Beachcomber,

Was there any PPI involved. If so it should have been basically 2 agreements ( multiple s18 CCA 1974). This would have brought the level below 25K. I still think that there may be some milage in the PX additions to the agreement.

thanks also to BRW

im going to print that off now, so no longer confused!

cheers as always guys i appreciate you taking me under your wings;)

and putting up with my dotty questions and concerns

sending you all a virtual beer cheers angel x:-D

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi

I have spent the last 2 days reading through this great thread.

I wonder if anyone could check out my DN and 'termination letter'?

It gets very complicated after that, but I shall wait to see what the verdict is before burdening you all.

Just click on image, default notice is bottom picture.

th_LtrReferingtoDefaultNotice.jpg

th_LtrReferingtoDefaultNotice001.jpg

In my SARS request I got their notes.

On the 16 May 2006 entry; (code?)sent 23/05 no further entries until 23 June 2006.

Many Thanks

They only gave you 7 days - so I believe it's a classic dodgy TN and on them issuing (and you accepting) the subsequent TN - which was unlawful rescission - you only owe the arrears - less any unfair charges imposed and any compensation you may think you are due.

They only gave you 7 days - so I believe it's a classic dodgy TN and on them issuing (and you accepting) the subsequent TN - which was unlawful rescission - you only owe the arrears - less any unfair charges imposed and any compensation you may think you are due.

The Secretary of State makes the following Regulations in exercise of the powers conferred on him by sections 88(1) and 182(2) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Citation, commencement and interpretation

1. This Order may be cited as the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2006 and shall come into force on 19th December 2006.

Amendment of the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983

2. The Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 shall be amended as follows.

3. In Schedule 2 in paragraphs 3©, 3(d) and 6 for the words "not less than seven days" substitute "not less than fourteen days".

Ian McCartney

Minister of State for Trade, Investment and Foreign Affairs Department of Trade and Industry

18th November 2006

EXPLANATORY NOTE

These Regulations amend the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983. They provide that default notices served under section 87 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 shall specify—

(a) that where action is required to be taken by the debtor or hirer to remedy the breach or pay compensation, this action shall be taken within not more than 14 days after the service of the notice; and

(b) where no such action is required to be taken, the date on or after which the creditor or owner intends to take action, must not be less than 14 days from the date of the notice.

cab

they didnt give you 7 days. posted on 16 may would be deemed served on 18 may

7 days is 25 may

not sure what the prescribed text was then but it looks to me like half of it is missing!! - if it is the same as it is now supposed to be!!!

Edited by diddydicky

they didnt give you 7 days. posted on 16 may would be deemed served on 18 may

7 days is 25 may

not sure what the prescribed text was then but it looks to me like half of it is missing!!

:grin:

cab

Hi, Thanks

I thought it was at least two days short.

Now, a little of the complicated bit.

I never recieved the 2nd letter as I had moved house, (repossed, finally sold in May 2007). Chasing us for the shortfall, (secured loan).

This has been in and out of court since Nov 08 and need to file a list of documents by 4pm tomorrow.

I had never seen the 'termination letter' until I recieved a copy of the Claimants court bundle 3 days before the trial 'Nov 09'. And never realised the significance of the DN before I started reading this and related threads.

My problem is that my defence includes; Multiple Agreements Sec 18, 'Secret Commissions' and PPI mis-selling, and nowhere have I ever mentioned 'faulty DN'.

Is it too late now? and what are the consequences of accepting the 'unlawful termination'?

Many thanks

i dont think the termination letter is relevant

the issue of proceedings is evidence enough of termination

in any event you are entitled to take the creditor at their "word" - what they said would happen in the DN if you did not remedy the default

moving house - would be your responsibilty to keep people informed of your whereabouts

assuming you have made no payments to then since the DN you will have to rely on your "behaviour" (ie not making any payments) as evidence of your acceptance of their unlawful rescsission

(although if you were already "not making payments" prior to the DN the judge may rule that he could not see a distinction in your behaviour before and after the DN to convince him that your " reason for not paying" had moved from one thing to another- hopefully he wont pick up on that one!!

Thanks DD

I stopped paying as soon as they would not honour the PPI.

I failed to inform them of change of address.

Mitigating circumstances; Mortage provider told my wife and I " You have enough equity to clear this secured debt".

Many Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks