• Tweets

• no that is not a defence. because you don't have a photo
    • I purchased the vehicle using finance through motonovo under a HP 60 months agreement. I have now amended the document ensuring all is in black. Unfortunately, this email has now been sent. However, I have not sent a letter to big motoring world. Also, I have taken the section of the firealarm issue. I am struggling to convert to PDF. I am not tech savy at all. My mistake was that the the salesman was very fussy on a sale. We went down a quiet road for a little test drive and not for a lengthy road test. The water issue was not present at this moment of time. However, it only became prevalent after driving away, after all docs signed. I did stated to Audi I wanted a diagnostic report. However, they carried out an Audicam which is footage of the issue. Audi have diagnosed the issue as a common issue where coupes/cabriolets accumulate water in the seals. However, I did state beforehand for no issue to be rectified due to me wanting to reject the vehicle. I am awaiting a report from Audi through email from the branch manager in relation to the issue. The issue so far is the water still being present in the sills. Audi tried to fix the issue however the problem is still prevalent. Regards 
    • First begging letter received from Overdales   ;Blah blah blah, our client's are going to win this blah blah blah we supplied all your documents under CPR   PS you can stop all this by paying £1200 less in a lump sum
    • Right,  so the court hasn't send out the Directions Questionnaires/N180s yet. PE's one is a false one, meant to intimidate you into thinking your defence was rubbish and they are confident with their claim. This is par for the course.  The PPCs do this regularly. However, PE have gone further and written that "a copy has also been filed with the court" which is a lie as the court haven't even sent out the papers yet. Keep a screenshot of MCOL, later on in your WS you can draw attention to their lying and abuse of court procedure. If you've got time on your hands, then complain to the BPA about one of their members lying.    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Invalid Default Notices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

patrick, i am not against you- i am trying to point you to then difficulties you may face

my passport says it has been issued by the crown and i am a lawful british subject and gives me vital overseas protections

but it ASSUMES that the details contained about me are accurate and not a forgery or mis- represented- and if they are - then the protection offered by the passport to the bearer may well not apply

your agreement may well be headed as regulated by the consumer credit act but this issue will (may) arise where you are challenged that contrary to the regulations - you used part of the loan made to you under that agreement for business purposes and that as such funds issued for that purpose do not come under the CCA.

patrick, i am not against you- i am trying to point you to then difficulties you may face

my passport says it has been issued by the crown and i am a lawful british subject and gives me vital overseas protections

but it ASSUMES that the details contained about me are accurate and not a forgery or mis- represented- and if they are - then the protection offered by the passport to the bearer may well not apply

your agreement may well be headed as regulated by the consumer credit act but this issue will (may) arise where you are challenged that contrary to the regulations - you used part of the loan made to you under that agreement for business purposes and that as such funds issued for that purpose do not come under the CCA.

good point "but" (theres always a but) if the agreement is regulated and you have less than 3 people in your business (3 max) you are fully protected by the cca 1974.

cab

good point "but" (theres always a but) if the agreement is regulated and you have less than 3 people in your business (3 max) you are fully protected by the cca 1974.

cab

novel proposition-(part of) these funds were diverted into a limited company and on the face of it the borrower (as he initially stated) was raising funds for the business

notwithstanding that above- i have quoted the part of the act dealing with loans to businesses

where is the authority for your proposition- which i find a little fanciful:)

novel proposition-(part of) these funds were diverted into a limited company and on the face of it the borrower (as he initially stated) was raising funds for the business

notwithstanding that above- i have quoted the part of the act dealing with loans to businesses

where is the authority for your proposition- which i find a little fanciful:)

i am in business (my agreement was for business use) and "THIS IS AN AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974" but not having more than 3 employees i am classed as a consumer, and i got that info off BRW (give him a shout he will be able to give you more detail)

"fanciful";-)

i am in business (my agreement was for business use) and "THIS IS AN AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974" but not having more than 3 employees i am classed as a consumer, and i got that info off BRW (give him a shout he will be able to give you more detail)

"fanciful";-)

i am happy to be proved wrong on this- but i suggest you ask BRW for authority (the part of the CCA that contains that little nugget or overrides that part that i stated earlier in the thread with regard to business loans)

I am not perfect- have read the act back to front several times- still don't understand half of it- but i am sure that would have jumped up and bitten my nose

Under S.189 of the CCA 1974

“ individual “ includes a partnership or other unincorporated body of persons not consisting entirely of bodies corporate;

not sure where 3 employees specifically would come into it but as you can see the Act is not limited to one person.

Under S.189 of the CCA 1974

“ individual “ includes a partnership or other unincorporated body of persons not consisting entirely of bodies corporate;

not sure where 3 employees specifically would come into it but as you can see the Act is not limited to one person.

thanks for that- the company to which the funds refer was indeed incorporated- it was a limited company

trouble is cab - it never ends..............drives you up the bleedin wall some days

you think you've got a handle on something - then something else pops up!

drives you up the bleedin wall some days "only some" god your jammy.

cab

thanks for that- the company to which the funds refer was indeed incorporated- it was a limited company
I'm coming in a bit late here, but as lookingforinfo has said, small businesses are indeed classed as Consumers under both The Consumer Credit Act 1974 and The Consumer Credit Act 2006.

But it seems to cover only Sole Traders and Small Partnerships of three or fewer people.

Sadly, I read that as not including Limited Companies at all, even ones that have just one Director. That's because a Company is a Legal Entity, and a Director is technically both an Employer and an Employee.

I think a Limited Company can be a Partner in a small Partnership, but it's the Partnership that is the Consumer, not the Limited Company, so it can't do a lot that is protected by the Act, whereas the Partnership can and is.

But it's blurdy good news for Sole Traders and Small Partnerships, and I think this gives new hope on bank charges for such small businesses, i.e. using the CCA rather than trying to use UTCCR. That damned nice Scottish Judge has reminded many to look elsewhere for salvation.

Anyway, I'm heading off topic as usual! So, yes, check out the CCAs and you will find some small business are Consumers! ;)

Cheers,

BRW

I'm coming in a bit late here, but as lookingforinfo has said, small businesses are indeed classed as Consumers under both The Consumer Credit Act 1974 and The Consumer Credit Act 2006.

But it seems to cover only Sole Traders and Small Partnerships of three or fewer people.

Sadly, I read that as not including Limited Companies at all, even ones that have just one Director. That's because a Company is a Legal Entity, and a Director is technically both an Employer and an Employee.

I think a Limited Company can be a Partner in a small Partnership, but it's the Partnership that is the Consumer, not the Limited Company, so it can't do a lot that is protected by the Act, whereas the Partnership can and is.

But it's blurdy good news for Sole Traders and Small Partnerships, and I think this gives new hope on bank charges for such small businesses, i.e. using the CCA rather than trying to use UTCCR. That damned nice Scottish Judge has reminded many to look elsewhere for salvation.

Anyway, I'm heading off topic as usual! So, yes, check out the CCAs and you will find some small business are Consumers! ;)

Cheers,

BRW

before you tuck up for the night- can you give your opinion on my proposed AQ submission and directions here:-

MBNA/Restons for Diddydicky case

thanks

dick

I think with everything here there's still the thing about 'action'. As has been seen, taking on a bank is the can of worms minefield. Now them taking you on is more concise and something to work on.

I continue to go back to the issue of DN's which the banks know are faulty but refuse to remove them from CRA files. The hardest decision is do you 'hope' they take you for a CCJ or take them or simply accept that for 6 years that DN will sit there causing you problems?

I have a good example of the most 'bizarre' DN. Totally incorrect and I mean that to the extent it shows 'they' owe me money! I've stived off Westcot's who sent the account back to the original creditor. They've now passed this to Gothia where even a simple call to the number has you listening to some foreign sounding lady who was so rude and I'd only asked a simple question making me just put the phone down.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

I would like to just come back a little on this please. This is the nub of the problem with all of the Statute really.

In our own case, let us be absolutely clear. The earlier post I made referred to company credit cards. The company has been incorporated since the very early nineties. We do NOT bank personally with the issuing bank at all. ONLY the limited company banks with the bank concerned and has done since its date of incorporation. Hence there can be NO misconception whatsoever on anyones part that these cards were issued as company cards in the company's name and were for business use!

Yet ALL of the paperwork is headed as stated that the agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Not once but many times over.

I am not saying anyone on CAG is wrong but I feel that there is a case to be examined in depth particularly with the compliance aspects. I know what the Statute says about companies, I also know what our paperwork actually says. Hence should the stategy be in these circumstances rather more serious allegations against the issuing banks? Deliberate mis-selling and misrepresentation for example?

Look forward to reading the groups analysis.

regards

oilyrag.:)

trouble is cab - it never ends..............drives you up the bleedin wall some days

you think you've got a handle on something - then something else pops up!

DD - You think you've got troubles! I am a keen astonomer and not so long ago I lost an ENTIRE PLANET - when Pluto was demoted! :-x

Even our million pound bonus earning banking "friends" haven't had losses on such a scale.

I am just wondering how to best to claim this loss on my next tax return. ;)

Sorry to digress!

DD - You think you've got troubles! I am a keen astonomer and not so long ago I lost an ENTIRE PLANET - when Pluto was demoted! :-x

Look on the bright side.

You've lost a planet but gained over 1000 Kuiper Belt Objects (KBO's), with the potential for another 69,000 to go

David

I would like to just come back a little on this please. This is the nub of the problem with all of the Statute really.

In our own case, let us be absolutely clear. The earlier post I made referred to company credit cards. The company has been incorporated since the very early nineties. We do NOT bank personally with the issuing bank at all. ONLY the limited company banks with the bank concerned and has done since its date of incorporation. Hence there can be NO misconception whatsoever on anyones part that these cards were issued as company cards in the company's name and were for business use!

Yet ALL of the paperwork is headed as stated that the agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Not once but many times over.

I am not saying anyone on CAG is wrong but I feel that there is a case to be examined in depth particularly with the compliance aspects. I know what the Statute says about companies, I also know what our paperwork actually says. Hence should the stategy be in these circumstances rather more serious allegations against the issuing banks? Deliberate mis-selling and misrepresentation for example?

Look forward to reading the groups analysis.

regards

the problem i am having oilyrag is that i thought my posts were answering patricks problems not yours so i apologise if you think my posts are answering yours

one of the problems of multiple questions on one thread!!

Even our million pound bonus earning banking "friends" haven't had losses on such a scale.

I am just wondering how to best to claim this loss on my next tax return. ;)

Sorry to digress!

i think the taxman will accept that it is a universal problem!

its enough to give you asteroids- but you can get a cream for that

Hi DD,

No apology needed, point taken. Perhaps at a more convenient break in the thread, if there is any interest we can return to what seems to be a somewhat grey area. In the mean time I will keep looking through various reference sources to see if anything turns up and post again if it does.

regards

Asteroids is piles better as a name for it - at least it points you in the right direction of the seat of the problem!

i had them once and the doctor gave me some big pills for it- shaped like torpedoes

but i might as well have stuck the up my ar*e for all the good they did me!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks