Barclaycard and CPR 31.16

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having challenged 5 card agreements I received a letter from barclaycard as they are reducing my credit limit due to info from the CRA's. I have not yet challenged barclaycard and have been paying off my debt with them but if this is how they want to play it perhaps I should challenge them as well. I have read extensively on here and can see that the CCA route is pretty futile and have seen that the CPR route is probably the one to take with them having seen 'smt's' win.

Should I try to negotiate with them or challenge them? I think I know what the response will be on here but interested to here what people think. The balance is my smallest at less than 4K. I did not have a problem with them before this and I am on a 'lifetime of the balance' low interest rate.

Hi Exchange,

Yep, CCA is a waste of time so if you want sight of your agreement, CPR is the way to go.

As you are still servicing the a/c properly, they'll have no interest or need to consider a F&F settlement (which is what I assume you're considering).

Even if the a/c was delinquent, BC don't often negotiate in this way. They seem to prefer to sell the debt for a pittance and leave the DCA's to hound you.

I assume that, if you stopped paying because they fail to produce your agreement in response to a CCA or CPR request, the low interest rate you currently enjoy will be rapidly replaced with a far higher monthly rate.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for the reply slick. I think I am going to continue to pay off this one for now as the 5 disputed accounts are enough to deal with at the moment. I have gone the CPR route now on the other 5 after CCA'ing them first and getting the usual barrage of letters but not many phone calls so far. I have separate threads for these.

Noted.

Keep us informed if you decide to take on BC as well as the others.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Yep, CCA is a waste of time so if you want sight of your agreement, CPR is the way to go.

I dont mean to gatecrash your thread but can you tell me if it is possible to send a CPR request at the first instance when a DCA has contacted you regarding a debt, even before there has been any mention of court proceedings???

Redletter

'I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair - I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires!'

Hi Redletter,

The first response would normally be a CCA Request using Letter N from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

If they fail to produce the credit agreement, then you could move on to the CPR strategy.

However, if it's with BC, a CCA Request is a waste of time and I'd suggest you forget CCA and go straight for the CPR route.

If you have your own thread, send me a link and I'll take a look. If you don't have a thread, start one in the right forum. :)

Redletter,

I've answered on your Cabot thread to avoid further hijacking of this one.

Sorry Exchange

:)

Thanks slick and yes apologies exchange I will vacate your thread now!

;)

Redletter

'I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair - I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires!'

• 1 month later...

Having got to 'account terminated' with at least one of my 5 'in dispute' accounts and feeling more confident about taking on barclaycard, is there anything I should know where a debt is less than £5K? Is this treated any differently or is it just the court process can be different?

Having got to 'account terminated' with at least one of my 5 'in dispute' accounts and feeling more confident about taking on barclaycard, is there anything I should know where a debt is less than £5K? Is this treated any differently or is it just the court process can be different?

Hi excange.

Less than 5k is considered 'small claims' and if a CCJ was awarded it wouldn't attract 'contractural interest' but as a credit card debt is regulated anyway that's really not an issue.

I think small claims is also less likely to be as expensive 'costs wise' as 'fastrack'

Spam. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"