Mackenzie Hall. Do any of you know of them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recived the same little red post card, and ignored it.

however today i recived a standing order mandate from them and i am unsure of what to do now,

everyone on this site is saying just ignore mackenzie hall. so is that it if i ignore them will they just leave me alone ( this sound's too easy ) please help if you can i really dont know what to do for the best ...

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

katiejoe - Ignoring this excuse of a company is the best advice but if you are worried complain to your council's trading standards department about their methods. You may also consider reporting them to the police because demanding money without making any effort to prove it cvould be regarded as an attempt to obtain money by deception. Whatever you do there is no need to worry

Can anyone help me?

I recently received a postcard from Mackenzie Hall asking me to contact them. I ignored it and this morning I have received a bank mandate with them offering me to pay back the money monthly over 80 months. I had a debt which I ran away from 4 years ago due to a bad divorce and theyve caught up with me. Im really scared they will come knocking on my door and my new partner will find out. I dont know what to do as I have read all the other posts on here for Mackenzie Hall and I dont want to contact them. Please can someone advise me what to do??? I cant really afford to pay back the money yet but dont want to get bailiffs calling etc.

Can anyone help me?

I recently received a postcard from Mackenzie Hall asking me to contact them. I ignored it and this morning I have received a bank mandate with them offering me to pay back the money monthly over 80 months. I had a debt which I ran away from 4 years ago due to a bad divorce and theyve caught up with me. Im really scared they will come knocking on my door and my new partner will find out. I dont know what to do as I have read all the other posts on here for Mackenzie Hall and I dont want to contact them. Please can someone advise me what to do??? I cant really afford to pay back the money yet but dont want to get bailiffs calling etc.

Pozi/KatieJoe

As the others have said above, they are fishing, ignore it they don't even know if you still live there? if you call them then they have you again! Also there is one of the Local Trading Standards departments building a case against this company, report them if they hassle you I am sure they will be glad to hear from you.

If you do a search on here yuo will find out which one it is who is building a case against them.

Chris

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

I have also received a red post card (about a month ago) which I decided to totally ignore and then, ten days later, a Letter arrived with lots of nasty threats and a mandate of 35 payments adding up to a total of just over £600

There was also a company name -v- my name which does not relate to anything I can recall at all , does this imply that there was a past judgement against me or someone of the same name perhaps?

I have no recollection of this dept at all and feel that I could be the victim of ID theft

This letter arrived about a week ago and I have ignored it also.

This correspondence from Mackenzie hall and the evil threats contained within constitute a very harrowing experience for both myself and partner who has become quite upset by this sudden unwarranted intrusion and assault on our peace of mind.

Thank goodness for your excellent site!!..

I understand that this company 'buys in' old out of date dept and then attempts to collect on it by asking you firstly to confirm that you are who they think you are, (which in it's self can start the clock ticking again on out of date expired dept )

Also by getting you to call them and accept the dept which then re opens the case and provides another 6 year 'window'

Do they sometimes simply fish for names, does anyone know of their actual methods ?

I understand the real deciding factor in how far that Mh can actually go,would be the possible existance of a CCJ which would be closed after 6 yrs but they may well attempt to re open?

I have read all the posts but need to claryfy one or two points.

Am I right to assume that if the borrower found himself in dept and then entered into an agreement to repay and later defaulted and did not have any contact with the lender for more than six years, the dept would be classed as expired?

And would this mean that the dept could only be re opend if the lender admitted to the dept in some way ? (as long as no CCJ had been set in place )

And because a repayment agreement had actually been set in place to repay the dept by instalments at the time, (Which was then defaulted on, with no contact for above 6 yrs ) a CCJ could not legally have been put in place ? From what I can see, if you spoke to them and had a revised or redused repayment system in place this means that they can't ccj ?? (I am not sure of this, it is a question for the experts here :)

Also

1/ If I check my credit record and rating now will I be able to find any old expired CCJ's

How can I check if they were recorded against other addresses not linked to my present address?

2/ Will M.H. be able to see that I have been checking my address and linking it to others and could this in any way incriminate or confirm my existence and links past and present to them ?

3/ Is it possible to check for CCJ's and default judgements anonymously ?

4/ If there is an old CCJ way past it's enforcement expiry date, can I expect them to attempt to re open it , If so how do I go about getting it set aside ?

5/ How long can I ignore them , will they send someone to come knocking ?

When or at what stage should I send the standard letter , can someone link me to the best standard letter for this case pls and let me know the best course of action ?

6/ in the event of a ccj being in place but over 6 years old, is there any chance that they could get it re opened quickly and be on my door step with bailiffs ?

If they do come knocking, I intend to either not answer or simply tell them to get off of my land

If they telephone (we are ex directory) we will be vetting all calls and saying nothing

This is a very bad experience for anyone to have to go through, and any advice would be very welcome

Thanks in advance

UKSpartan

You ignored the red card and you should ignore the bank mandate. You might give some change to a homeless person on the street but you wouldn't pay £600 to a company that writes to you, threatens you and insists - would you?

If you have read this site you will be aware this company are well known for threats and bluster and there is no need to worry.

Mackenzie Hall (MH) do not "buy in" debts. Buyers allocate debts to MH for collection and they then start the process which you have experienced. Yes they do fish for names and they are not alone in carrying out that dubious practice.

Calling them does not re-open a case and restart a six-year time period. Once it is over that period a debt cannot be re-activated. Whatever MH say to the contrary is untrue. But DO NOT call them.

The queries you have raised do not need answering but you might want to check your credit file. CCJs, if they are there, will show up on the file. You cannot check them anonymously. A CCJ does not have an expiry date but any attempt by a debt collector to collect it past the six year "contact free window" would need a court's permission first. They (MH or the debt owner) would have to explain to the judge why its taken them so long to get round to it.

MH will not come round knocking. MH don't employ collection agents as they are far too expensive. If anyone does call round tell them to go away. Tell them if they return you will report them to the police. Do not make this as an empty threat - do it!

Ok thanks

I intend to ignore them completely and check for a ccj against my name

However should that ccj be against another address I presume it would not show up on my credit history?

Is it also correct to assume that if a company attempted to re open an old ccj and direct it towards someone , that either themselves or the court would have to contact that person in advance as part of that process ?

As already stated I have no knowledge or recollection of this dept

I think you will find that a debt will follow you, even if you change address.

if it isnt on the credit file you don't owe it

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

If you have a linked address for one reason or another then yes it will show...

i.e. a lender has checked your file at a present and a previous address but if it is within the last 6 years then it will show unless you give false information in the first place.

My opinion....need clarification.

Regards

Further to my last post concerning Mackenzie h

I have just been to Equifax online and attempted to get an online credit report

The first time I entered all my details nothing happened , the second time this

eventually came back !!!

We are sorry, but we are unable to verify your identity on-line. Your credit card has not been charged. For assistance completing your purchase, please contact our Customer Care department at 0870 010 0583 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday .

there is also an error code Error Code: FID 12/09/2006 22:05:41

I have lived here for eight years full electorial list and I have a bank account etc

etc also registered to my address

I am really angry now , having passed personal information to Equifax and

received this nonsense back, could it be that this information will now be

passed on??

Will now send post apps with £2 to all three agencies I suppose. This all seems

like some kind of a conspiracy!!! any feedback very welcome as this whole

Mh fiasco is giving us sleepless nights and we have jobs in the nhs to hold down

and patients to look after

Have joined credit expert free 30 day trial and received this reply

We will process your order and send your order confirmation to the e-mail address you provided on your application. If there are any problems processing your order, we will notify you. A reminder of the benefits of being a CreditExpert member:

Many Thanks to all who have left feedback

This also happened to me when I tried to apply for online credit ref using the "free trial" ( 30 day option ) then I decided just to order my file one off online for £2.......NO they wanted a photocopy of my passport and two original utility bills.

After a slanging match where I realised I wasnt getting anywhere I relented and sent the info. BUT I heavily censored the bills (with scissors) just leaving my name and address.

Why if you pay by CC and it is sent by post to your address do they need all this other stuff. I was VERY angry

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

I posted enquiry about credit checking because I have received (AND IGNORED COMPLETELY) both the Red card and Bank Mandate from Mackenzie Hall and wanted to report my fight back in it's entirety as imho part of the process of fighting back against Mackenzie Hall has to be finding out about your credit record and of what negative aspects, ccj's etc might be lurking there and require attention/removal

Generally I have noticed that most victims of MH have reported a clean cc history because MH attempts to reinstate old expired dept (over 6 yrs old) by tricking and threatening it's prospective victims into calling them ..SAY NOTHING AND DO NOT CALL THEM !!

Imho the first thing MH victims need to do is check their credit record just to make sure that they are not the victims of recent I.D. theft (credit records go back 6 years)

Update...

Credit Expert Pin required that they send by snailmail has not arrived yet, will report and update ..If there is an old negative entry will set about getting it removed but expect to find nothing like most other MH victims

Many thanks for all Positive feedback!! I plan to report my fight back against Mackenzie hall from start to victorious finish!!

Valid comment Dave !! and well done for 'censoring' the bills that were requested

Do other Mackenzie hall victims agree that generally their credit checks have come back clean??

This also happened to me when I tried to apply for online credit ref using the "free trial" ( 30 day option ) then I decided just to order my file one off online for £2.......NO they wanted a photocopy of my passport and two original utility bills.

After a slanging match where I realised I wasnt getting anywhere I relented and sent the info. BUT I heavily censored the bills (with scissors) just leaving my name and address.

Why if you pay by CC and it is sent by post to your address do they need all this other stuff. I was VERY angry

Dave

Dave

I don't actually agree with that..... a debt doesn't have to be on your credit file in order for you to owe it!!!

Seek clarification...

Regards

Pls Post Your Full Mackenzie hall Case Histories

Very Good point , if the dept is over 6 yrs old can it

still show up on a credit report ? legally I think not? but I believe creditors

can access this info somehow?

Could people who have been troubled by Mackenzie hall in the past

Pls enter a brief case history (no personal details of course) from start to

finish so that others can find all the information in one place and learn

and benefit from the experiences of others

Many Thanks !!

and best regards to all

UKS

Dave

I don't actually agree with that..... a debt doesn't have to be on your credit file in order for you to owe it!!!

Seek clarification...

Regards

Doesn't have to be on Credit file to owe it - there are lots of debts that are owed that are never reported eg gas and electric bills, water, phone bills - doesn't mean they aren't owed. And until recently most banks were not reporting personal loans.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

"I think you will find that a debt will follow you, even if you change address.

if it isnt on the credit file you don't owe it"

OK OK I think i was being a bit simplistic here and perhaps didn't put down what I wanted to. I think what I was trying to put across, is that if the debt has expired ie more than 6 years old and it doesnt show on your credit file then if any one comes for it they have little chance of succeeding. I did realise that not all debts are on your file, and that some debts wont show but you still owe them. One in particular applies to me I have a charge on my house from a failed business about 11 years ago THAT doesnt show.

but points taken

Dave

"I think you will find that a debt will follow you, even if you change address.

if it isnt on the credit file you don't owe it"

OK OK I think i was being a bit simplistic here and perhaps didn't put down what I wanted to. I think what I was trying to put across, is that if the debt has expired ie more than 6 years old and it doesnt show on your credit file then if any one comes for it they have little chance of succeeding. I did realise that not all debts are on your file, and that some debts wont show but you still owe them. One in particular applies to me I have a charge on my house from a failed business about 11 years ago THAT doesnt show.

but points taken

Dave

Just didn't want you to think that CRA's hold all information, and in turn get misled.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I need an address for Mackenzie Hall so that I can send a CCA letter to them.

Can anyone help?

Cap One (me)

Data Protection Act sent 15/08

Prem letter sent 23/09 £800

Partial offer £312

LBA sent 04/10

File at court 27/11

/B/C (me)

Data Protection Act sent 18/08

Account pre may 04 ordered statements

11/09

B/C (old mans)

Data Protection Act sent 18/08

missing statement letter 29/08

Prem letter sent 26/9 £500 + £1172.00 Est

Nat West (joint)

DPA letter sent 28/07

LBA non-compliance letter 11/09

Don't forget to send it recorded delivery. And enclose a postal order crossed and made payable to Mackenzie Hall. This will be your proof that you have sent the request and they have received it. While the fee is theirs to do as they please cashing the postal order will confirm (in a court's eyes) their responsibility for providing the requested details. When they will fail to deliver, as they tend always to do, report them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks