Contents insurance claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for everyones comments on this. It is very much appreciated.

I need some more help..........sorry.

I still haven't heard anything from house insurance people yet. (it been almost 3 weeks) is this normal? I will contact them to see how things are going!

I was also claiming from my car insurance for this claim, however, the car insurance only covered a small amount for stolen items hence why we are claiming the rest from house insurance.

having not heard anything from the car insurance I phoned them and they say I need to send:

list of items

receipts!!!!!

original insurance certificate

copy of driving licence

v5 docs

most recent MOT certificate

like for like list of items????

Is it right that I have to send originals of certificates? also does he have a right to all these things?

I explained i didnt have any receipts and he said he understands as the items weren't new.

I said shall i send him my neighbours details he said that wouldn't hurt. also the crime ref number.

It is such a hassle trying to claim on insurances:eek:

Bet they think i'm going to give up.......not a chance:D

Is the van a write off? The only time we asked for that was if it was.

As for the other claim, I would ask them what is taking so long.

You do know that you cannot claim twice for the same loss? You need to inform your contents insurer that you have some cover with the motor insurance. I would call them and ask what is taking so long.

Thanks gyzmo

I did phone them and they say they haven't received it!!! so got to send again, this time recorded delivery. (funny how she asked if it was sent recorded before she told me they hadn't received it.)

It was suppose to go recorded but the OH sent it normal!!!

I am aware about not claiming twice, car insurance basically said in the begining that i shouldn't of had the insurance they gave me so i thought i would just go through the house insurance.

It all turning into a bloody nightmare.

The vehicle is fine apart from losing a couple of window, which i am still waiting to be fixed. (suppose to be doing it this saturday)

I got a quote through a comparison site and they came back the cheapest and were fully aware what vehicle they would be insuring. Now I made a claim they are trying to say I shouldnt of had this insurance as the vehicle is a van. I said are you trying to tell me i'm not insured they said no, no i'm not saying that!!!!!!!!!

Thanks gyzmo

I did phone them and they say they haven't received it!!! so got to send again, this time recorded delivery. (funny how she asked if it was sent recorded before she told me they hadn't received it.)

A typical excuse by call handlers on targets. It means that they cannot go and find it without getting a rollocking. because the system works perfectly:rolleyes: it means that they would have it if it was posted.

It was suppose to go recorded but the OH sent it normal!!!

I am aware about not claiming twice, car insurance basically said in the begining that i shouldn't of had the insurance they gave me so i thought i would just go through the house insurance.

It all turning into a bloody nightmare.

The vehicle is fine apart from losing a couple of window, which i am still waiting to be fixed. (suppose to be doing it this saturday)

I got a quote through a comparison site and they came back the cheapest and were fully aware what vehicle they would be insuring. Now I made a claim they are trying to say I shouldnt of had this insurance as the vehicle is a van. I said are you trying to tell me i'm not insured they said no, no i'm not saying that!!!!!!!!!

As for "they shouldn't have insured it", well they shouldn't have subscribed to a comparison website that allows it to go through. You will probably find that they will not renew - not that, I suspect, you will be particularly bothered! However, I cannot see them not honouring a claim on this basis.

I think i have decided to just carry on through my household insurance for the stolen items and just claim my windows through the car insurance.

I am getting confused and annoyed with it all.

Does it matter which insurance i go through? do i have to claim what i can from car and the remainder from household or is it ok to do the whole stolen items claim through household.

sorry for all the questions

With contents, you can claim on your home insurance (assuming the cover is in place) who will deal with it. They should then claim a contribution from your motor insurance, but some don't bother - for the sake of £100 or whatever the limit is on your motor insurance, it's not always worth the bother or the cost.

That's the theory at least! And don't apologise for asking questions - that's what CAG's here for :D

• 2 weeks later...

Things are progressing. They are going to pay out on the claim minus the cost for a sleeping bag which was stolen.....not too sure why.

I was just glad they have finally givne me an answer.

Thanks for all the advise particularly to Gyzmo and Djmetsandy:D

I'm still going with this, they really don't want to hurry things along.:rolleyes:

Had a call from angler direct, they went through all the things which were stolen and are going to send equal substiutes out including the sleeping bag:)

• 2 years later...
please help me my insurance wont pay out for my fishing gear which was stolen from my mams shed they want recipts and photos i have neither is there a site i can go to for a template letter please

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I think it would be better if you started your own thread on this forum, as you've replied on an old one.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum