OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts

fermi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

removed some off topic remarks and libellous remarks.

Maybe MH should do the same with what they have printed on their webs*ite

Our business and solid reputation is built around our core values of professionalism, integrity, performance and excellence in service delivery. In addition, all of our services are delivered to ISO 9001:2000 quality standards.

mmmmmmmm i see that the directors addresses appear as public information therefore what is to prevent someone who keeps being pestered outside of the OFT guidlines from visiting the directors at THEIR home address to deliver the letters asking them not to harrass!

accompanied by a reporter from a national newspaper!

mmmmmmmm i see that the directors addresses appear as public information therefore what is to prevent someone who keeps being pestered outside of the OFT guidlines from visiting the directors at THEIR home address to deliver the letters asking them not to harrass!

accompanied by a reporter from a national newspaper!

If you were so minded it's far easier and safer (legal wise) just to repeatedly send them a nice postcard saying you will visit on xx date between x and x time first :-)

Edited by the_shadow
DOH Fat fingers!

Our business and solid reputation is built around our core values of professionalism, integrity, performance and excellence in service delivery. In addition, all of our services are delivered to ISO 9001:2000 quality standards.

Which means that they have have a big FO manual saying lots of nice things which nobody reads and has an inch of dust on it.

Which means that they have have a big FO manual saying lots of nice things which nobody reads and has an inch of dust on it.

That's a bit like:

• "Education, education, education"
  • "We won't raise income tax"
  • "We will give you a referendum on the EU constitution"

One of the great lies.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

That's a bit like:

One of the great lies.

Fred

Whoops, quoted the wrong thread - should have been the one above that.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Cor! I bet Tony is laughing his socks off.

He knew the wheels were going to come off and legged it leaving poor dumb Gordon to carry the can. Prime Minister..... talk about being out of your depth!!!

David

That's a bit like:

One of the great lies.

Fred

Only one more like a million & one:-x

The transcript of Andrew Mackinleys motion House of Commons Hansard Debates for 22 Apr 2009 (pt 0019)

I have edited Andrew Macinlay’s external links on Wikipedia to highlight his debt collection debate in the House on 22 April 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_MacKinlay

“External links

Regards – Richard.

Excellent piece. Glad to see he referred to Mackenzie Hall as ''That Outfit''

I am also glad to see he mention our good buddies in HFO as well. Of course thay all come up with the usual glib bullsh!t denials that they or their monkeys do anything wrong and that they are all good members of the CSA etc etc.

My god, I loved reading that.

When Mr Leech got his chance I thought he was going to say something to the contrary, but he just made a further observation about in-house Sols, and then came the 'yes, they are rotten to the core'. It was much better than a sneeze for me! :D

Does anyone have any idea who these 9 are that the OFT are still hacked off with? (I still think they should be doing alot more, although they appear to be doing more than I thought, though we know it's at best, limp).

Who is this DCA that is supposedly stopping pursuing debts that are in dispute?

What was all that about the CSA being helpful, though? (cynic me?) :rolleyes:

That was brilliant, but still could have been hammered home harder... a few more 'ffs - boy are these animals at it, every second of every day...causing bedlam, concern and grief through threats and intimidation and with no f**king regard to our laws whatsoever' would have made me even more chuffed. :D

there was a phone call to my office just two hours before I commenced this Adjournment debate, asking for more information. That gives an idea of the sort of cavaliers and cowboys that we are dealing with, among both the companies themselves and their agents. Such behaviour has got to stop.

That was regarding Lowell.

David

Sent this to the OFT about JD Debt Recovery

Reply from the OFT.

Dear Mr Alphageek

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)

Complaint Against: JB Ventures Limited t/a JB Debt Recovery

Licence No: 596203

Thank you for your email received on 22 April 2009.

We can confirm that the business you mention holds a consumer credit licence. Under the Consumer Credit Act, holders of consumer credit licences must be fit and competent to do so and the OFT has a duty to monitor the fitness and conduct of all traders who hold such a licence.

As you are aware, the OFT has issued guidance to consumer credit licence holders engaged in the debt collection industry. The guidance is intended to ensure that debt collectors treat individuals fairly. Non-compliance with this guidance will call into question the fitness of licence holders and applicants. You can view our guidance at: http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/cca/debt-collection

We have therefore noted the details of your complaint, and we will consider this alongside any other complaints we have received with a view to any consumer credit licensing or other action we may decide to take. If we do take any action against this trader, it is likely that we would need to disclose your identity to this trader along with details of your complaint. I should therefore be grateful if you could sign the enclosed consent form and return it to me. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose any details about any action we may take, due to legal restrictions on the OFT relating to disclosure of information.

Thank you again for writing to us and bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Person

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Office of Fair Trading

JB's website is still the same.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

• 2 years later...
it would be interesting to know if this lot Mackenzie Hall has improved its practises?

I think the answer is very likely in the negative, if you read some of the threads on the forums!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D