Lowell/Red/3 Debt query?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right here goes....

I had an outstanding phone bill with 3 for around £58, they got Lowells involved to chase me up for a sum of around £176 , so i contacted 3 themselves and asked them what was outstanding on the account to which they said £58 so i paid that sum immediately there and then, i then asked them if that was now clear to which they said yes nothing else owing.

However Lowells are still bugging me for the remainder amount of £118, so i contacted them to say i see you have amended the figure due to my earlier payment so what is the rest of the money for?. They claim it is for ending my contract early (which i didn't, 3 did that), i told them i have been in contact with 3 who tell me i owe nothing, Lowells insist i do??.

I have contacted 3 since and they confirm i owe nothing nor was i charged any other amount than the £58 for airtime bill.

How should i go about dealing with these people as they have now involved Red (their inhouse people). Seems they are just conjuring up a fee out of nowhere!!! :mad::mad:

Ideally, ask 3 to put it in writing that you owe nothing, then complain about Lowells to OFT, Trading Standards etc.

These parasites have long been guilty of increasing debts and adding their own fees.

If you can prove you owe nothing then they are up the proverbial creek

Get 3 to put it in writing that you do not owe them anything. Then tell Lowells to Feck Off.

If they continue to harass you for an imaginary debt report them to the OFT and TS as well as your MP. Lowells are under the OFT microscope at present regarding mobile phone debts so another complaint will strengthen the case against them.

Have you sent them the 'prove it ' letter ?

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

How did you pay the £58 to 3? That could well help you prove the payment. It should also go some way to confirm that £58 was the sum required by 3.

Having said that of course, what is said in the above posts will be the way to go to prove it was an F & F.

Have you ever had a letter from 3 mentioning charges for balance of Contracted amount?

Also, a quick e-mail to Watchdog may help as they are on the case of both 3 and Lowells!

I paid 3 directly by debit card. I actually have a copy of the last bill showing no amount outstanding after my final payment.

I have also a letter "from" 3 saying the debt has been sold to Lowells etc etc (baring in mind it came in the same envelope as lowells we have been passed this debt etc etc letter). This was prior to my payment to 3 for £58, the letters also confirms that the amunt of £118 is for early termination of contract, but 3 had no knowledge of such a sum just the airtime of £58. Seems to me that Lowells are pulling a fast one.

Lowells are chancers and bull**** merchants of the highest order. You have paid the bill to 3. Cut the Leeds losers out of the loop. They will eventually get bored. They will threaten Court but in reality they can do diddly squat because there is actually NO debt

• 1 month later...

UPDATE...............

Just got a letter from RED today which i think are Lowells?

Anyway they say they are looking into the informatuion a per my correspodane with them. It says these things can take time etc rest assred the matter will be looked into fully.

Won't hold my breath then:rolleyes:

Red Debt, Lowells Portfolio, Hampton iLegal and Lowell Farcical are all trading styles of the Leeds Losers.

Basically what you get is the same garbage on different notepaper