help requiredmaking a Claim

abcb192
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, i have a HP dv2045ea which i bought about 3yrs ago, and is giving me alot of problems right now. The screen does not work and neither does the dvd-rom drive. I'm about to claim using the extended warranty i have, and wanted to know if i do get a replacement, what factors dsg will look at when deciding the amount to pay me.

for example the laptop has a 1.66ghz intel processor with 2mb L2 cache. I cant find this on PC worlds website however, they do have 1.66ghz 512kb L2 cache. (The size of the cache adds alot of value to a laptop...from what i can tell after doing research).

so is pc world likely to upgrade me to the next processor up with 2mb L2 cache or give me the cheaper alternative?

Firstly. The extended warantee allows pc world to repair the unit before they replace. They will almost certainly repair a CD rom drive as even replacing the enitre unit is a cheap fix. As for the monitor, usualy they are quite simple to repair as long as the screen is intact.

All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up for a replacement just yet, as a unit needs to be either uneconomic to repair, contaminated (aka biohazardous) or repaired 3 times before written off and replaced.

In the event they do replace it, they'll send you vouchers which should be enough to buy the next best equivalent specification. These vouchers are upgradable in store if you find you don't have enough money. Or that the store doesn't have a particular laptop in stock. Remember your contract with them states "like for like, or like for better" never accept anything less than the specification of what you currently have.

Yes they will keep repairing it rather than replace.... unless you fight like mad,

In my exprience every time something was fixed/replaced there were more problems. It went through five repairs. To cuT a long story short I got so fed up with this pc not working I complained and was eventually told that i could have vouchers for a new one. When I went to PC world to get the vouchers and take the pc back they actually gave me the money back instead of vouchers :???: so i was able to go else where and buy a new PC, which was a far better result. Didn't want to go through PC world again after that experience.

from my experience they will try to repair it regardless of cost, on my pc within 6 weeks i had

2 new motherboard

1 hard drive

1 ram

1 cpu

and it still wouldnt work after 5 visits, they told me it was covered for ongoing repairs not replacement it was only when the 6 week rule kicked in that i was able to claim vouchers

good luck;)

Yeh just remember, they have 6 weeks max, per repair. And may only repair your computer 3 times before they have to give you vouchers reguardless.

Edited by Renzokuken
Changed "28 days" to "6 weeks".

renzokuken, the 28 days max rule is for unit in first year warrenty, the coverplan states 6 weeks for items over that

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

renzokuken, the 28 days max rule is for unit in first year warrenty, the coverplan states 6 weeks for items over that

Right you are, sorry I keep getting Mastercare and PCPlan mixed up, I'll go edit that.

Damn, DSG and their near limitless warantee concepts. :(

Edited by Renzokuken