Aqua halifax credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just been going through the paperwork again notced letter from original lender stating WE HAVE ASSIGNED YOUR ACCOUNT TO LOWELLS but letter from lowells state they have brought the account , so which one is it

• 2 weeks later...
If they are ignoring your request I would ignore their requests in return :D

Until they start court proceedings (which they won't as they don't have a valid paper trail) you need do nothing. Worked for me ;)

but were you getting the same threats i am ?

they are still ignoring my letters today recieved another threatogram states , we now have a copy of your credit file , you have 10 days to pay or we will pass your account to hamptons legal , if you pay us it will stop the more serious action hamptons legal will take to recover the money .

I HAVE reported them to consumer direct and actually had a call from consumer direct telling me they have passed it onto there trading standards dept , i presume they have not been in touch with lowells yet , be a nice suprise for them when they do

they are still ignoring my letters today recieved another threatogram states , we now have a copy of your credit file , you have 10 days to pay or we will pass your account to hamptons legal , if you pay us it will stop the more serious action hamptons legal will take to recover the money .

Ha ha! Hamptons Legal...just as ineffective and useless as Lowells! Just another desk in the same office I think if I remember correctly. It's all just a bluff to make you think they are escalating their actions in reality it's just a different letterhead backed by the same bunch of buffons. Rejoice in the fact that Lowells have your debt rather than a proper DCA that might do something that warrants your attention.

if you notice in your post 18 they gave you 5 days to pay otherwise they were gonna take you to court...i take it you must have paid them then? otherwise you would be in court by now...NO...you havent paid and they still havent taken it further..relax they are going to do nothing but send threatogram after threatogram..as soon as you realise that is all they are the sounder you will sleep at night

if you notice in your post 18 they gave you 5 days to pay otherwise they were gonna take you to court...i take it you must have paid them then? otherwise you would be in court by now...NO...you havent paid and they still havent taken it further..relax they are going to do nothing but send threatogram after threatogram..as soon as you realise that is all they are the sounder you will sleep at night

lol i don't lose any sleep just curious as to what they are likely to do , i'm prepared to go to court if need be i just don't want the inconveniance of it really ,

who knows..the mind of a dca...im betting if they were gonna go for court they would have done it some time ago....like their letter you have 5 days or else...the only thing they are likely to do is trash your credit file..and send threatograms...they are best ignored until they come up with something different...like an N1 form...but thats unlikely to happen

• 2 weeks later...

i actually had a call from consumer direct trading standards yesterday , they have forwarded my complaint to leeds trading standards , apparantly they are having so many complaints about lowells they are well behind with the paperwork , must good fun to be at lowells these days

i only have 4 weeks until one of my debts is stat barred , if court proceedings are started against me now and i apply for the 28 days to file my defence can i claim it will be statute barred on the day i file my defence or have i been taken to court in time to stop the statute barred claim ?

i only have 4 weeks until one of my debts is stat barred , if court proceedings are started against me now and i apply for the 28 days to file my defence can i claim it will be statute barred on the day i file my defence or have i been taken to court in time to stop the statute barred claim ?

So have you received a letter before action and/or court claim papers ?

If you have received the court papers, you can acknowledge online and that you will be defending. Then you have the 28 days to file defence, plus the delay to the actual hearing. So even if you received the court papers today, you would have about a month and a half. If the debt becomes statute barred before the hearing, then this will not go any further. The claimant would have to provide statements showing the date of the last payment or a letter in which you admitted liability.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread