Beachy v Barclaycard/Mercers take 2

beachcomber60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was adding cca non compliance to my PPI PoC - still might :-):wink:

You may as well.... It's taken them almost a year to send you an application form so you still haven't seen an agreement... I'd throw the book at them if I were you Beachy, they've had ample opportunity to comply so tell 'em to stick it in their pipe and smoke it.... with respect of course. ;)

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may as well.... It's taken them almost a year to send you an application form so you still haven't seen an agreement... I'd throw the book at them if I were you Beachy, they've had ample opportunity to comply so tell 'em to stick it in their pipe and smoke it.... with respect of course. ;)

Spam.:)

Believe me I dont show respect to barclayshark after the cr@p we've had to take from them, mercers & calders. :eek: Beachy gives as good as they give now :D

Hi Guys,

Have done a rough PoC, but seriously needs scaling back as it reads more like War & Peace :)

A bit a development regarding the cca, received a few days ago a hand written envelope containing nothing more then a Barclaycard compliment slip (no writing on it) and two photocopies of Microfiche Application/agreements (see below) I do hope that they claim this is my enforceable agreement :lol:.

Not to worried about the tick in the PPI box, they've already admitted mis selling.

I'm tempted to write and ask if it is my true copy of the executed agreement as when it gets into court they will have a hard job explaining the production of any other document.

bccca.jpg

"Not to worried about the tick in the PPI box, they've already admitted mis selling."

In which case, its unenforceable due to the mis-selling of PPi which makes any quoted interest incorrect. (PPI premiums added to debit balance, then interest levied thereon makes the interest charged incorrect)

As well as the fact that the Prescribed Terms are no where to be seen on the above- its just an application form, the clue is at the top where it says:

"Your Barclaycard Priority Application"

:D

Hi Guys,

Have done a rough PoC, but seriously needs scaling back as it reads more like War & Peace :)

A bit a development regarding the cca, received a few days ago a hand written envelope containing nothing more then a Barclaycard compliment slip (no writing on it) and two photocopies of Microfiche Application/agreements (see below) I do hope that they claim this is my enforceable agreement :lol:.

Not to worried about the tick in the PPI box, they've already admitted mis selling.

I'm tempted to write and ask if it is my true copy of the executed agreement as when it gets into court they will have a hard job explaining the production of any other document.

bccca.jpg

There is no way this an be accepted as a valid Consumer Credit Agreement it does not fulfill the requirements of a Consumer Credit Agreement. It can only be submitted as an application form.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks noomill & aa,

I know its a load of poo they've sent ( its not got a box for my Surname & isnt signed by them to just name two faults - dont honestly know why they sent it), posted up for everyone to see the possible 'tactics' by them - must think I'm stupid (dont answer that one :-) )

If the interest is incorrect what rate should I use for

my claim & PoC? Currently using their cash advance rate.

Ta Muchly

Beachy

Not sure whether I can do this - in order to put a figure on my claim I've worked out the average figure over the duration that the account ran with ppi.

Amount Claimed (including interest) 27 statements available £5,053, however there are 57 previous months where by BC cant/wont supply statements.

5053 divided by 27 then multiply by 57 = 10,667 + 5053 = Total claim 15,760

This will be one for PF, At the end of the day when it gets to the FOS if you go down that route they will work out the figures. You can also insist that your are presented with any figures barclaycard come up with and ask them to send you the data on how they arrived at those figures.

I got tons of stuff from RBS showing their calculations. The FOS even suggested if I had issues with their calculations even having accepted settlement I could resubmit a complaint about it.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

This will be one for PF, At the end of the day when it gets to the FOS if you go down that route they will work out the figures. You can also insist that your are presented with any figures barclaycard come up with and ask them to send you the data on how they arrived at those figures.

I got tons of stuff from RBS showing their calculations. The FOS even suggested if I had issues with their calculations even having accepted settlement I could resubmit a complaint about it.

Thanks aa,

its been with the FOS for several months now, no signs of them starting on it even though I've updated them with the fact that BC have admitted mis selling, I want closure on this and therefore want to put it before the courts, which is why I asked about the estimated claim (as posted).

Beachy

I claimed the cash rate - 26.8% compound on the PPI premiums and the same rate for s.69 interest.

Afternoon Noomill,

Yes I used the cash rate on the calculations, you saying I can use the same rate under s69? Is that what you meant by the interest being wrong in your earlier post.

Any thoughts on my #198 post on estimated claim due to 'missing' 57 statements.

Jim

"Yes I used the cash rate on the calculations, you saying I can use the same rate under s69?"

Yes.

" Is that what you meant by the interest being wrong in your earlier post."

No. Not connected.

The interest that they have levied on your account includes interest on the missold PPI premiums. This makes the interest rate quoted in any *credit agreement* incorrect, and so makes the whole agreement fatally unenforceable. :D

PM me your email addy and I'll email you a BBC Radio 4 "You and Yours" interview with a solicitor which explains this beautifully. :D

"Any thoughts on my #198 post on estimated claim due to 'missing' 57 statements."

Why do they say they cant/wont supply these statements?

When I did the SAR, they replied with they only keep records for six years, records older then that are on microfiche and therefore outside the scope on data protection storage, ICO state otherwise.

After they admitted mis selling I again tried to obtain the missing statements and the reply wad that records older then six years have been destroyed.

I've had a complaint with the ICO since April but there is such a backlog mine hasnt even been started yet, and will be at least another month. Advised by ICO to tell BC not to destroy any data as a complaint is being investigated ( a fact they already know), ICO asked, in writing, to expediate my complaint (their suggestion). BC told to supply details of when data was destroyed and by what method and to provide cert. of destruction - no reply from them - still think they have it but wont supply it.

Will pm my email addy

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update the thread.

Have got more pressing issues on the go at the moment so this one has had to take a back seat.

Total silence from Barclaycard no letters phone calls - nothing from mercers, calders either - not sure I like this silence after 12 months of total harassment.

Did phone the FOS yesterday, still no indication as to how long it'll be before they START their investigation, did ask that seeing as Barclaycard has made an admission & FOS has that letter should it not speed up the process to which I was told that it makes no difference at all and is in the backlog of claims & will be dealt with in turn :(

Beachy

PS - Wheres Pompey gone, not seen him around for awhile, jope everything is alright

Edited by beachcomber60
PS added

Pompey,

You were recommended by a fellow cagger that your the main man fpr checking interest & APR, have pm'd you a couple of times & appreciate that you've been preoccupied of late.

I have a court claim for over £14k and I could really do with assistance in checking the interest & APR.

The APR is not stated on the agreement (unregulated) the creditor had to be chased several times to provide the figure (17% APR) however their solicitor claims in the PoC its 5%.

I've tried several times and get a different figure each time.

Hope you can oblige.

BC

Hiya BC sorry i should of let u know i am looking into the legal side of this what date do u have to answer to the poc ? PF ill be back later this morning

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hiya BC sorry i should of let u know i am looking into the legal side of this what date do u have to answer to the poc ? PF ill be back later this morning

Thanks Pompey,

Your help is greatly appreciated, sorry for not replying earlier - Nightshift, just got up.

Defence has to done by 21st Nov.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/212189-help-now-court-claim-11.html

Post 201 for main points. When we bought the car there was negative equity in the P/X so the dealer did this to get the deal.

1. Reduced their profit margin

2. Increased the price of the car from £24,500 to £26,405 (thus making it an unregulated agreement - we weren't knowledgeable about the difference at that time)

3. Added remainder of N/equity into the interest, the creditor denies this took place.

Beachy

ok just gona go over to that thread

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Right this is a difficult one, but firstly if 5% apr is on the POC that is all they could claim.

To claim more than this is misconduct and they would be deceiving the court as they would be bring a claim that is not materially fact.

The only way they could change it is to discontinue and re-issue the poc but again they would have to state there reasons for the re-issue and it would look bad on them because clearly they are railroading a claim though the courts without first getting there facts right.

PF

I would give Langster a PM because he is a wiss with defences and witness statements has been a great help to me just tell you come via a recommendation from me.

PF

Have they terminated the hp agreement ?

PF

But i will read the thread in its entirety and see what else i can find that will assist you.

PF