Easyjet poor customer service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took an Easyjet flight to France, and upon arriving at the airport 2.5 hours before our return flight, we were told it was 3 hours late, and given a voucher for a cup of coffee and a croissant.

This was 12.30pm on the Saturday afternoon, and our flight eventually took off at 4am on Sunday morning!! We were given no further information, no refreshment vouchers - pretty much just left to stare at walls, as it was a small airport with no entertainment.

There was only 1 food outlet selling snacks and sandwiches (no hot food), so we had to spend approx £30 of our own money on food. No receipts were given, and as the snack bar was heaving with huge queues, asking for a receipt was not an option.

We spent 9 hours in the airport delayed, then 4 hours sitting on the plane waiting to be de-iced. At least on the plane they gave us some tap water, but wouldn't give us any food until we took off, where we were given crisps.

I've tried contacting customer services via email, who won't refund me £30 as I don't have receipts, even after 4 email replies. I also tried writing, but got a rubbish response again saying no receipts, no refund. I tried pointing out that their own website says they give £3 for every 2 hours delay, so in theory we (2 of us) should have had £36!!

Their reason for not refunding is we have no proof of purchase, so in reality they're imply we starved ourselves for 13 hours!! Given we're asking for LESS than what they should have given us, and haven't even mentioned loss of our weekend etc..., you'd think they'd realise we're not taking the p*ss!!

What is my next step? Is there an ombudsman for airlines? I have written once more to Easyjet, but not convinced they actually employ anyone with a brain that can give an intelligent, logical response.

Thanks in advance.

I took an Easyjet flight to France, and upon arriving at the airport 2.5 hours before our return flight, we were told it was 3 hours late, and given a voucher for a cup of coffee and a croissant.

This was 12.30pm on the Saturday afternoon, and our flight eventually took off at 4am on Sunday morning!! We were given no further information, no refreshment vouchers - pretty much just left to stare at walls, as it was a small airport with no entertainment.

Article 6

Delay

1. When an operating air carrier reasonably expects a flight to be delayed beyond its scheduled time of departure:

(a) for two hours or more in the case of flights of 1500 kilometres or less; or

(b) for three hours or more in the case of all intra-Community flights of more than 1500 kilometres and of all other flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometres; or

© for four hours or more in the case of all flights not falling under (a) or (b),

passengers shall be offered by the operating air carrier:

(i) the assistance specified in Article 9(1)(a) and 9(2); and

(ii) when the reasonably expected time of departure is at least the day after the time of departure previously announced, the assistance specified in Article 9(1)(b) and 9(1)©; and

(iii) when the delay is at least five hours, the assistance specified in Article 8(1)(a).

2. In any event, the assistance shall be offered within the time limits set out above with respect to each distance bracket

Article 9

Right to care

1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall be offered free of charge:

(a) meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time;

(b) hotel accommodation in cases

- where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary, or

- where a stay additional to that intended by the passenger becomes necessary;

© transport between the airport and place of accommodation (hotel or other).

2. In addition, passengers shall be offered free of charge two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails.

3. In applying this Article, the operating air carrier shall pay particular attention to the needs of persons with reduced mobility and any persons accompanying them, as well as to the needs of unaccompanied children.

Croissant and coffee? Fail on duty of care.

There was only 1 food outlet selling snacks and sandwiches (no hot food), so we had to spend approx £30 of our own money on food. No receipts were given, and as the snack bar was heaving with huge queues, asking for a receipt was not an option. I would not of stopped yelling until I was given one.

We spent 9 hours in the airport delayed, then 4 hours sitting on the plane waiting to be de-iced. At least on the plane they gave us some tap water, but wouldn't give us any food until we took off, where we were given crisps.

I've tried contacting customer services via email, who won't refund me £30 as I don't have receipts, even after 4 email replies. I also tried writing, but got a rubbish response again saying no receipts, no refund. I tried pointing out that their own website says they give £3 for every 2 hours delay, so in theory we (2 of us) should have had £36!!

Write again outlining their failure, you have the facts now.

Their reason for not refunding is we have no proof of purchase, so in reality they're imply we starved ourselves for 13 hours!! Given we're asking for LESS than what they should have given us, and haven't even mentioned loss of our weekend etc..., you'd think they'd realise we're not taking the p*ss!!

Tossers.

What is my next step? Is there an ombudsman for airlines? I have written once more to Easyjet, but not convinced they actually employ anyone with a brain that can give an intelligent, logical response.

Complain to the Civil Aviation Authority. Civil Aviation Authority Home Page

Thanks in advance.

Cheeky swines will try and bluff, eh?

Thanks for the reply!

I've had 4 rubbish email replies, and one rubbish letter reply, so I've written once again telling them I'm not accepting their excuses. I know it's not much money, but it's more the principal that they seem to think they can treat their customers like cr*p!

I've had quite a few long delays in the last couple of years, many over 8 hours, but I have never been treated so badly by an airline. The air steward on the plane actually told us all to complain, and we were issued with a letter from the airport stating that Easyjet were uncontactable for the duration of the delay!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've just had another pathetic letter from a "customer experience champion" who has yet again missed the points and replied with "no receipts, no money".

They didn't even supply me with the address of an ombudsman to write to. What's my next step? Would it be worth emailing the airport and asking them to send me a pile of receipts?

Complain to the CAA, or talk with your feet!

It isn't for you to provide proof of purchase IMO (though I bet you will scream blue murder for one next time) ;) It's for them to provide the duty of care in which they FAILED MISERABLY. If you had no cash their carelesness could have left a family going hungry, which is why that article is there, in a sense.

If Easyjet fail to see it, complain. There is nothing to stop you issuing a small claim should the CAA not help. They won't want to be asked in court why they ignorned EU law.

Gold. Do not lose!

Photocopied AND scanned :D

This isn't really about money. It's more the principal of a company having no regard for legislations, and being able to treat passengers like cr*p.

Ironically I believe Easyjet are suing Luton aiport and Luton council for £1 Million due to them not gritting the roads, and thus the airport being closed, and yet they can't even compensate their own passengers for money they had to spend when they shouldn't have had to:

BBC NEWS | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Easyjet 'to sue over snow losses'

The word hunger didn't come close. My stomach lining was practically eating itself, and if I had more euros, I would have bought more food!!!

I've contacted CAA and am sending all the details to them.

Many thanks for your help again.