Please Help, dont know where else to go?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

My name is Louise and I am 19 years old.

I had been living with my parents all my life and my mum passed away in 2005, after this me and my dad stopped getting on, I was still living with him not paying rent as he hadn’t asked for any but in October 2007 I came home from work to find the locks had been changed. He told me that he didn’t want me living with him anymore so I moved in with my sister. Since then I have been getting bills through the post for the house I had been living in with my dad including council tax, water and gas and electric. The bills are dated from around 2 months before he locked me out up till about 8 months after . I obviously don’t want to pay for these bills as I didn’t agree to and because I wasn’t living in the house for the majority of the time. I don’t even know how he could have put the bills in my name without my permission.

Please help as I am at a loss.

Bench clark + wells - DCA

Fomal Demand on behalf of Southen electric gas, £188.50

date - 27-Feb

Bench clark + wells - DCA

Fomal Demand on behalf of Southen electric, £146.22

27-Feb

Council Tax Final Notice - £720

date 11-Nov-2008

:mad:

Sorry to hear you lost your mum & that your sitaution with dad has broken down.

Can i recommend a visit to the CAB?

That way you can find out properley weather its you or your dad that is liable..sounds to me like he is, but get advice on that anyway.

For what its worth - BC & W are just full of hot air & powerless ;)

It saddens me to hear of the difficulties you've exerienced, especially at the hands of those whose job it is to protect you.

I'm not sure what to suggest, I just didn't want to look and run, so i think re this part

I don’t even know how he could have put the bills in my name without my permission

You should contact all those companies chasing you and explain the full situation, if your father has committed fraud by signing your signature, then let the police deal with it.

Good luck Lou

This is a sad situation but I'm sure someone will come along with the best advice for you.

I would suggest writing to each of the original creditors,explain the situation and wait to see what their reasoning is behind these bills.

You could send BC&W this letter:

Dear

I Do Not Acknowledge Any Debt to Your Company

I am writing in reference to your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning this matter unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the alleged debt in question.

If you are unable to provide evidence as to my liability I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours Faithfully

I would hold off contacting the police untill the DCAs / etc. get back to you with proof. There is no point in making a potentially false accusation re. fraud when it may be some thing else.

westendwendy's letter is the way to go forth for now!

Also, remeber the golden rule - Don't call them and if they call refuse to answer security.

Send all letters recorded and don't sign them!

Good luck, and stay positive! remeber there are lots of people here who can and will try and help you!

Hope i've helped,

H

Hi Louise,

If you can prove that you were not living there after the date he locked you out then you need to write to the council and tell them so.

I too am horrified by what has happened to you, but you have done nothing wrong and you need to be strong and fight all of this.

Please don't worry too much, as I am sure this can all be sorted out. There are lots of us on here who will help you as I am sure you are beginning to realise.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

esp with the councle tax.

Lou

The council tax is a top priority, I don't mean to scare you, but worse case scenario, you could go to prision for non payment of coucil tax.

Try and sort it on Monday.

One other point, phone your local coucil / library on Monday morning and get the name of your local councillor, then phone them and request an appointment asap, they will be able to deal with the council tax dept direct on your behalf.

One other point, phone your local coucil / library on Monday morning and get the name of your local councillor, then phone them and request an appointment asap, they will be able to deal with the council tax dept direct on your behalf.

Thats actually a top tip VG, I've seen how revs&bens workers & managers go into a frenzy on a case/claim when a council member has personally asked questions:D

PmW

Lou

The council tax is a top priority, I don't mean to scare you, but worse case scenario, you could go to prision for non payment of coucil tax.

Try and sort it on Monday.

I agree you MUST sort this out on Monday. Explain to the nice people at the tax office that you haven't lived there since October 2007.

Just having a think about the council tax, how old were you when you moved out? If you were under 18, it would be more "proof" to the council that you are not liable as people under 18 are invisible for coucil tax purposes. Full time students are also invisible and don't pay council tax.

i just want to give you a cuddle and tell you to try and not to worry to much

i wouldn't know where to start to help you with your problems but

there are some very clever people on this site who will be happy to help you

Just having a think about the council tax, how old were you when you moved out? If you were under 18, it would be more "proof" to the council that you are not liable as people under 18 are invisible for coucil tax purposes. Full time students are also invisible and don't pay council tax.

concur with this, if your were under 18 or in fulltime education you have no council tax to pay.

as for the other leeches, just forget them fo r the mo.

they can easily be dealt with later.

get your life back on a stable keel first

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...