EON increasing electricity bill yet again pls help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Eon number on their bills is generally quite helpful (in my experience) howver its is a premium rate number. By doing a quick google search you can find a 01 or 02 number which is usually cheaper and even inclusive on your mobile.

Thanks Victoria for your reply appreciate it I rang EON so call Customer care Dept the lady was so rude first things she said i've defaulted my account. I pay my bills online the breakdown record shows that I am 45.00cr but the lady is telling me my account is not in credit I still owe money.

I know the outstanding balance is perhaps to do with the yearly estimated bills which of course I do not have a record of because I get a quarterly bills which I pay until it's zero balance and the fact that EON never told me when I had the payment plan that I must pay my bills even the account show zero balance they took two years to tell me that I've defaulted my account or be it from 2009 to2011 they've changed their tunes about how they will treat their customers.

I've already sorted the problem with another EON staff from another department she even told me it was their fault that they didn't tell me properly how the plan worked as she can see I am paying my bills all the time until it's zero balance. I need to ensure my record match up with theirs because customer care is giving a different breakdown of my account to the one I see from online and I will ask them to give me the amount of my yearly estimated bills, I'm due for a new bill end of September then I can go from that instead of the quarterly bills hopefully it won't be too much a problem to give me the amount of my estimated yearly bill.

:???:

Hi Helen

I'm sorry the agent you spoke with recently was rude.

Nottslad has given a very accurate description of the mechanics of the type of payment arrangement you're on.

Basically, if you miss a payment, the arrangement will automatically fail and a default letter will be sent advising this.

There are other types of payment arrangements available which may be more suitable.

Given your requirements, it may be better for you to put money in a separate account/area and pay each quarterly bill within 14 days of receiving it.

This will achieve the zero balance you're after and will not cost you any more as there are no extra discounts for the type of arrangement currently in place.

There are several different telephone numbers listed on your bills. Give one of these a call and an agent can set this, or any other arrangement, up very quickly.

Sorry again for the poor response when you called previously. Give me a shout if you have any more questions or need any further info as happy to help.

Malc

• 1 year later...

Hello Everyone,

Would like some advice please I am on Income Support under ill health.

I pay my electricity bill to EON £57.00 every two weeks.

I usually send my meter reading every quarter online my bill is also paper free online

after sending the new meter reading which was due this month my electricity bill is £138.96 in credit after that quarter.

I’ve made two payments so far and now my bill is £252.96 in credit and my next quarterly bill is not due until December 2012.

I am wondering if I am paying too much per fortnightly surely when paying the quarterly bill I should not have such a large amount of credit left

can someone please advise me.

I want to contact EON to ask them why I have such a large credit amount after the quarterly bill and that I am paying too much if they can reduce the amount of £57.00 per fortnight

I would like some advice on how to approach EON before I make the phone call I am not confident with them.

Can someone please advise me how to go about asking EON to reduce my fortnightly bill or is there a number I can ring where someone can help me with EON.

The £57.00 per fortnightly is crippling my budget already

but that what they ask me to pay saying I am using more electricity that I am paying for

but when I see my statement that is not the case because I am in credit also my electricity is a fixed yearly rate.

Thanks in advance.

aimee :|

seems strange

we have eON onboard here

i'll alert them for you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi if you are like me then my supplier worked out how much lecky I use over 12 month and divides that by 52 and that is the amount I pay by weekly standing order. They did this for me a few years ago one September and I find that now every September when I get that bill I have a small credit say £20 they work that into the next 12 months usage and recalculate. I have combined Gas & lecky and pay 28.50 a week for a 2 bed bungalow. Would seem to me you are paying over the odds unless you are all electric.

I do keep getting some prate ring me to get me to use DD but keep telling them no and if they try to charge me for none DD I will move supplier, that's normally end of the call.

dpick

Hi Helen2264,

Your payments are worked out over the year, so you can pay a more consistent amount instead of having really big bills to pay for in winter.

So your payments are based on what you used last year, the more accurate readings we get the more accurately we can set your payments.

You should be in credit at this time of year, as you should build this up over the summer months when you don't use as much. This credit then goes towards your higher winter bills and avoids being in debit after this period.

If you would like your payments to be re-calculated it's not a problem, just call us with up to date meter readings and we will do this for you.

If there is a reason that we think the amount is already set correctly, ask for a breakdown of the calculation and ask for it to be explained to you.

Hope this helps a little.

Helena