Land of Leather please help

shivvy7742
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I paid £600 cash for my suite last november from land of leather. I was also supposed to pay £168 for insurance but was told i did not have to pay this until my suite was ready. I was promised delivery by mid february but unfortunately land of leather have went bust. i recieved this letter from them today.

I am pleased to inform you that although your deposit is unsecured, the Joint Adminisrators of Land of Leather have decided to honour a significant proportion of unsecured deposits and in many cases the discount available will be the equivalent to the full value for the deposit already paid.

Although you original order cannot be fulfilled we would like to invite you to visit your local store and to select an alternative product which will be discounted to compensate you for all or some of your original deposit.

Details of the Discount Structure are attached and are based on the level of your original deposit AND also the value of the alternative product(s) you select. Our records show that your original deposit was £600 and you are therefore entitled to a discount of any alternative sofa purchase above £768. In the event that you choose an alternative sofa which is less than your original order value then the level of discount will be reduced as illustrated in the attached Discount Structure.

I would encourage you to take advantage of this discount offer in order to recieve value for your unsecured deposit because otherwise your unsecured payment(s) will be lost. In this event, you should submit a Proof of Debt form to the Administrators for payment of a dividend(should one be payable).

Please can someone help?

sorryso what is yourproblem?

as i read it youcan purchase a sofa for more than what you have paid and they are calling it quits ?

good deal in my eyes

or have i read it wrong?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think she wants someone to clarify what they mean as it isn't very clear.

Does it mean she'll get the £600+ back against another suite or only £400 out of the £600 she paid (not including insurance)?

Reading it I'm not sure what it means either.

Following a phone call to land of leather today, i was informed that in order to get my suite i will have to pay another £200 to get something i have already paid for in full, in cash... months ago!!

If not i will lose all my money that i have paid.

can anyone advise as to where i stand as i think this is sharp practice for something i have already paid for.

i think the issue here is atleast you are getting #something# from the administrators .

some places close any many get nothing

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i think the issue here is atleast you are getting #something# from the administrators .

some places close any many get nothing

dx

But didn't the government put something in place to indemnify consumers against this happening after the Farepak Hampers fiasco a couple of years back?

For her to pay for the suite in full (£600), only get offered £400 back then be asked to pay another £200 is an absolute disgrace and nothing short of theft.

I bet she's not the only one left fuming after receiving a similar letter.

the price might well have been locally discounted by the local manager this would not have to be honoured by administrators

dont like the idea of losing £200 either but that is better than it not being honoured at all

dx

and they

after visiting the store today, i was informed by the store manager that in order to get the suite that i paid for i need to pay another £370 although when i spoke to the manager 2 days ago i was informed that it was £200.

the manager also informed me that land of leather used my £600 to pay off their debt. surely that is embezzlement?

i was told that my suite was sitting behind me but has been sold to someone else as it was on a first come, first serve basis.

he also informed me that he has lost his job, i've lost my suite and basically its tough luck.

please someone tell me what i can do if anything? i also have a time limit to sort this out by sunday or i lose everything.

i phoned the store the following day and informed them that i would not pay the £370 and that i was going to take matters further. A salesman then phoned me back 3 hours later to tell me that the people who had been taking the display model no longer wanted it and it would be mine at no extra charge if i wanted to take it.

As i really need it i said that would be fine. He told me to come back in the following day to finalise it and get a delivery date.

This was great until i went into the store the next day and was told again that i would have to pay £199 as the voucher only gave me £400 off (this is for the display one i might add!) and that if i did not do this today they would re-sell it.

Feeling backed into a corner as the one i had was disintegrating and dangerous for my children (staples sticking out) i decided to pay the money and uplifted it there and then.

is there anything i can do to get my £200 back? As i don't understand how they can charge me that for a suite that was sitting in the shop and i had already paid for

Sorry, no, there isn't. What's happened is you've got a 50% dividend off the debt owed to you. This is very good for when a firm goes into administration. I know people who would dream of getting a 50% dividend out of debts they're owed.

You could write to the administrators and register your claim for the remaining £399, but I seriously doubt you'll get much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)