Setanta

Birchvale
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and Welcome, Birchvale.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

depends on the terms that was agreed, sometimes if they offer you a reduction they tie you into another 12 months

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I took a 3 months for £6.99 offer by direct debit with Setanta, upon completion of the 3 months I cancelled the DD thinking that was it. They rang me up stating they had not taken the final £6.99 :rolleyes: and asked me to pay by credit card which I declined to do (didn't want to use my card with them). Anyway, to cut a long story short, they said I could rejoin for £9.99 a month for 12 months, and would waive the £6.99 I owed them. So I said yes. I set up a DD again but then had three calls in two days in the following week demanding the £6.99 they agreed to waiver. :confused: Upon thinking this was all very amatuerish and regretting getting involved with their crap service again I cancelled the DD. Now I've had a letter stating they're about to contact a DCA to recover the money due under the terms of the contract. Is there any way I can get out of this contract now though? I entered into it about a month ago, over the phone.

Guest tobecontinued631

these people are terrible to deal with!!! I decided to go for setanta on freeview about 4 days before the news that they would only be getting 23 live EPL games from next season, thats less than a game every 3 weeks! So i decided to cancel, rang them up after cancelling dd and they said i had to send an email, to which i did.

then got a phone call few days later saying they cant cancel it without my DD Details :lol: I asked them to explain why this was and she said i have outstanding payments, I quoted Distance selling regs 98 to her and told her there is a cooling off period of 7 days??? to cancel without paying a penny. After she kept me on hold for about 10 minutes she came back and said service was cancelled... Today i get a letter says they will be referring the "debt" on to a DCA if i dont pay within 14 days, is this even legal? Dont they have to issue me a Default notice first? I didnt sign anything and they did not say when i signed up my info would be sent to Credit ref bereaus !!!

I asked a girl at the ireland call centre what would happen if i didnt pay and she said "nothing, we will just stop the service." Lies lies and more bloody lies.$

One thing i hate worse than anything is incompetent staff. And funnily enough the girl who told me all this neglected to leave a note on my account... what a suprise!!!!!!

Can these fools actually sell a debt of £35.00 on? or will it be in house ****e like viking and mercers???

thanks for any feedback....

tbc