anyone dealt with iqor?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I've been sent a letter demanding payment in full from iqor (who had the debt passed on from classic card who I've never heard of either!). Prior to that, the debt was held with Blair Oliver & Scott, who I was in written correspondence with (following advice from this forum) and originally the debt was held by the Royal Bank Of Scotland. Are these debts just being sold on to new DCAs every few weeks??!

Iqor are going through the pre litigation threats and instructing phone contact to be made. My understanding is that all correspondence should be undertaken in writing. Iqor are also threatening the doorstep call. Now I've just sent a letter to AA Personal Finance as they sent an impersonal card (with no reference to an account or debt) stating that one of their representatives will call at my home on 3.2.09. The letter I have sent to them makes reference to Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R. regarding unlawful entry to private property.

Has anyone else on the forum experienced anything similar and could anyone advise whether I'm on the right track?

As ever, many thanks

moneyprobs x

.....IQOR !!.....I told one of the doorstepreps. to p..s off and come back with a valid CCA.and the debt is SB.anyway......He moved VERY quick towards his Car......Don't worry to much about Iqor.....Good Luck!!

:)

....Hi; a CCA is aCONSUMERCREDITAGREEMENT and SB means a Debt is Barred by STATUTE.( after 6 years in England but only 5 in Scotland)... PS: just read through some of the threads and you soon get the hang of things....wm.

:)

CCA = Credit Card Agreement

SB = Statute Barred - refers to a debt that has neither been acknowledged or paid for 6 years .

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Werner, IQOR are indeed very easy to get rid of. Frankly, if it's got as far down as them then you shouldn't have any problems.

They do respond to email correspondence, so you can tell them to sod off without spending anything. Here's their email address: [email protected]

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hello folks - it's reassuring that you've been able to deal these iQor bullies. Having sent the letter to them regarding the legalities of their proposed 3rd Feb doorstep call (which has gone unacknowledged), a letter from them came today 'Notice of Legal Proceedings' demanding payment of the debt in full by 10am on Feb 1st (2 days before the original intended doorstep call??!!). In their letter they have threatened court action (incl. examination of my means), proposed deductions from my salary (they don't know whether I'm salaried or not!) and seizure and sale of my property.

Does anyone know where iQor stand legally on any of the above threats?

The letter is not signed in any way, there is no iQor named person on the letter for reference, but as ever, there is a number in bold (!) to call and I clearly stated in my letter to iQor that all correspondence was to occur in writing. Should I write to iQor now asking for my original CCA (as I did with BO&S) as iQor have purchased the debt and presumably need to provide proof of the original agreement too - does anyone know if this is the case?

Yours gratefully

M

Hi again

Just wanted to add something about that that last letter from iQor (demand for payment in full within less than 4 days from receiving the letter!).

I can't find an account number anywhere on the letter, just a reference number and also, the proposed pay in full deadline is 10am on a Sunday when their phone lines are closed anyway. Have decided to send the request for original CCA of to them today. Hope this is the right thing to do.

Fred - you mentioned about iQor being pretty far down the food chain - could you give me any more info on this - thanks.

Thank you all :-)

M

I would say that this letter isnt meant to do anything other than scare the pants off you. Dont get sucked in.

Unfortunately, they have forgotten one thing. To do all they have threatened they do have to get you in court first.

The letter in the post below can be amended to suit your purpose.. ;) and should see them off. x BTW, if there is no account number on THEIR letter.. then dont give them one in yours. Use only references that they have.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1800199.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Many thanks Citizen B

I have quoted only the reference number within the letter as that thought occurred to me too....

M

Excellent :D

BCOBS