style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can someone help me i have been arguing with rundle and co regards to a previous council tax with them. today i recieved this letter .

In regards to your query concerning vehicle used by the baliff to attend the premises i can advise as long as a suitable vehicle is used an attendance fee is charged .please see definition below

Attendence Fee

This cost falls under "reasonable costs and charges " and reflects the costs incurred for : Vehicle costs including fuel ,vehicle rental ,service maintenance ,insurance and road tax.

With respect to the fees that you have incurred ,i must inform you that these charges have been calculated in accordance with the authority of the council tax blah,blah,blah regulations 2003, these charges represent the cost of enforcement action sine the liability order was first issued to Bundle and co ltd on 3rd jan 2008 see breakdown below

03/01/2008 debt £912.58

10/01/2008 visit 1 £24.50

18/01/2008 visit 2 £18.00

30/01/2008 levy fee £51.00

30/01/2008 walking possession £12.00

30/01/2008 attendence /van £90.00

30/01/2008 waiting £60.00

01/02/2008 payment by d/c £1.00

total £1,169.08

does all this sound correct seeing as i never saw him and wouldnt let him in anyway on the 10th or the 18th .

aso the £60 i dont understand .:mad:also he didnt have a van it looked like a car to me with no room in the back for anything i know coz i walked with him back to his car .

can anyone hep me with the above .also my fingers are tired with all the typing as my scanner is bust.:(

THIS IS AN OLD THREAD AND NOT TO DO WITH THE CURRENT ONE FOR 2010

Edited by saviour1263

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

03/01/2008 debt £912.58

You don't take their word for it, you check what is on the liability order, because your debt is to the council not the bailiffs.

10/01/2008 visit 1 £24.50

18/01/2008 visit 2 £18.00

If they really have visited twice and each time used a certificated bailiff, then these charges could be correct.

c

30/01/2008 levy fee £51.00

30/01/2008 walking possession £12.00

If he has levied upon something then these charges might be right, but only if they came a third time, they can't charge a visit fee and a levy fee for the same visit.

30/01/2008 attendence /van £90.00

30/01/2008 waiting £60.00

It's time to look at Schedule 5 of The Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rating (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2006

Here's it's full moniker

THE COUNCIL TAX (ADMINISTRATION & ENFORCEMENT) REGULATIONS 1992

AS AMENDED BY THE COUNCIL TAX (ADMINISTRATION & ENFORCEMENT) (AMENDMENT) (NO.2) REGULATIONS 1993,

THE COUNCIL TAX (ADMINISTRATION & ENFORCEMENT) (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS 1998,

THE COUNCIL TAX (ADMINISTRATION AND ENFORCEMENT) (AMENDMENT) (NO. 2) (ENGLAND) REGULATIONS 2003

AND THE COUNCIL TAX AND NON-DOMESTIC RATING (AMENDMENT) (ENGLAND) REGULATIONS 2006

SCHEDULE 5 CHARGES CONNECTED WITH DISTRESS

If it's not provide for in that, they can't charge it.

im not sure i thought the levy was what was charged for failing to pay on time etc

No, a levy is a seizure of goods belonging to the debtor

Like a car or something of value

You'll have to go through all the paperwork you've received because he must have put something on it - it should be listed on the wpa.

You can do a Subject Access Request, if you look at the stickies you'll see a link to a template.

there was nothing on the walking possesion because on the same day as i saw him he said he would take the card number and take the whole amount after he saw proof that the cash was going in.so everything was basically sorted out on the one day 30/01/2008 and that was the first and last time we saw him ,excpet the amount was taken on the 01/02/08

S.A.R. is the way to go at this point.

And you must write informing the bailiffs office that he has charged excessively for a levy that has not taken place, and a walking possession agreement that has not taken place.

Ask them to stop enforcement until this dispute is sorted out - remind them that if it isn't you will make a form 4 complaint, and if they persist in chasing fraudulent charges that you will make a complaint to the Chief Constable - there are template letters about for that purpose, don't make it up yourself

• 1 year later...

i have just had a visit by rundle and co , (council tax ) i had £138.00(from last years) to pay and was hoping to pay it on the 21st of this month but they beat me to it and the council refused to take it back ,when he called he really lumped it on and the amount i had to pay was £372.50 by the time he finished as i took over 1 hour to get the money for him (he originally said £312.50) can anyone help me and tell me if it is too much .i panicked and went out to a indian friend that lent me the cash lucky enough and i know that with such a large amount i am going to struggle this month to pay council tax as i must pay him back even tho he said dont worry ,what can i do can anyone help me i feel so alone im a widower and my son is disabled and im on low income i phoned the council up and they said i dont qualify for any discounts as my son is over 18 and im working albiet on low income and they cant help me :mad:

Edited by saviour1263

well they said they called before but i never saw anything i did recieve a letter off them but was hoping to make a payement before they called and i thought for £138.00 they might just wait.anyway here goes .

council tax ..........................................£138.00

levy fee...............................................£32.00

Attendance to attempt to levy distress .....£42.50

attendance removal...............................£160.00

total........................£372.50

it just doesnt sound right and he said as he was waiting for over 1 hour (i didnt think it was that long and he wanted me to phone my friend up not go down there he charged me) £60.00

well they said they called before but i never saw anything i did recieve a letter off them but was hoping to make a payement before they called and i thought for £138.00 they might just wait.anyway here goes .

council tax ..........................................£138.00

levy fee...............................................£32.00

What did he levy on? Can you list?

Attendance to attempt to levy distress .....£42.50

Sounds as if he has attempted to lump 1st & 2nd Visit fees together

attendance removal...............................£160.00

total........................£372.50

it just doesnt sound right and he said as he was waiting for over 1 hour (i didnt think it was that long and he wanted me to phone my friend up not go down there he charged me) £60.00 - not allowed

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what can i do can anyone help me i feel so alone im a widower and my son is disabled and im on low income i phoned the council up and they said i dont qualify for any discounts as my son is over 18 and im working albiet on low income and they cant help me :mad:

You may be classed as "vulnerable" under the National Standards for Enforcement Agents to which both Bailiffs and Council should have recognised, although they find it easier to ignore something they both acknowledge. Do you claim any Benefits? It may also pay to contact a local Welfare Rights Adviser through either the local Council or CAB, they may help with anything else yo may be due.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

he filled out the form when i run down to my friends house and left my gf here , i never signed thi inventory that he left .does levy mean items that he would have taken .if so

my sons tv he is blind and has a 38" plasma (not mine he saved his dla to buy it ) tv its the only size he can see even then he is 6" away from the screen,2 x reclining leather sofas,1 xwall cabinet with all my wifes antiques in them ,1 x tv cabinet , 1 x laptop 1 x grandfather clock (new style battery type belonged to my wife ) is that the levy .

i think all that would fetch more than the money he wanted to charge anyway.

err so he levied on the day you paid him?

If so you are looking at recovering the attendance fee and £24.50 of the visit fees in my opinion.

Others may add different avenues of 'attack' re your circumstances.

Edited by Thegreenpimpernel
Very bad maths!!!

[You may be classed as "vulnerable" under the National Standards for Enforcement Agents to which both Bailiffs and Council should have recognised, although they find it easier to ignore something they both acknowledge. Do you claim any Benefits? It may also pay to contact a local Welfare Rights Adviser through either the local Council or CAB, they may help with anything else yo may be due.

i did explain to the bailiff that there was only me and my son living here and i am a vunerable person but he ignored me . i do get dla for a car accident 9 yrs ago which left me with a dislocating shoulder it happens quite a few times a week and suffer unbelievable pain ,but thats the only thing i get i also get tax credits .

PT has a standard letter to request the bailiffs record of attendance, i'll post a link to it unless he beats me to it.

You will be getting some money back as it stands.

I think your bill should be:

Council Tax £138.00

First visit (giving them benefit of the doubt) £24.50

Levy fee (subject to further advice) £32.00

Total £194.50

I'm not even sure the levy fee is due since you paid him on that visit???

PT has a standard letter to request the bailiffs record of attendance, i'll post a link to it unless he beats me to it.

You will be getting some money back as it stands.

I think your bill should be:

Council Tax £138.00

First visit (giving them benefit of the doubt) £24.50

Levy fee (subject to further advice) £32.00

Total £194.50

I'm not even sure the levy fee is due since you paid him on that visit???

He can't charge levy & Visit fee at same time.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi saviour, I'll post again shortly - just munching my evening meal...

What a shame you were WRONGLY coerced into paying this. The bailiff knows it should have gone back to the council and he would get nothing. What a nasty selfish greedy pig. [sorry but yours is such a clear cut case]. I'll be back in a mo hunni ..

Best wishes

Rae