style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

he filled out the form when i run down to my friends house and left my gf here , i never signed thi inventory that he left .does levy mean items that he would have taken .if so

my sons tv he is blind and has a 38" plasma (not mine he saved his dla to buy it ) tv its the only size he can see even then he is 6" away from the screen,2 x reclining leather sofas,1 xwall cabinet with all my wifes antiques in them ,1 x tv cabinet , 1 x laptop 1 x grandfather clock (new style battery type belonged to my wife ) is that the levy .

i think all that would fetch more than the money he wanted to charge anyway.

Your sons TV would be exempt as he can only seize items which belong to the debtor - did you advise him it was not yours? What other seating would you have left if he removed the sofas he has levied on? As far as the wall cabinet is concerned he can only seize that and not the goods inside unless he has also listed them as separate items.

In my view the levy would be classed as invalid anyway due to your sons TV being listed. If you have no other seating left then he has compounded his actions.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges including Computer Screenshot.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Use and adapt the above for your own use and send by email & Signed For letter. Sometimes amazing at how many fees disappear when they reply.

In the morning ring the Council and ask how much the Liability Order was for and how much is still outstanding, also ask when they gave it to the Bailiffs.

As you have now paid you can sit back without any fear of the knock on the door and with help from here hopefully get some of your hard earned refunded.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i wasnt going to answer the door but when i looked round the back he was trying to find a way in (so i said i wasnt willing to let him in as i had a problem 2 yrs ago with a bailiff ),and i said im not going to be charged £300 ( it was a guess at the time ) he said im not going to charge you that much it is only to talk about what am i going to do about amount owing then he refused to leave after he said i owe him £312.50 ,i got upset and said i cant get that much ,he said he isnt leaving without aither the money or a van full , i panicked and run down to my friends house but before i left he said its gone up to £372.50 coz he has been here for over 1 hour , managed to embarrass myself by asking friend for 300 and he phoned bailiff up and bailiff said its now £372.50 .:Cry:

i am so stupid i knew not to answer door but let him in and believed him when he said he only wanted to ask me what i am going to do about amount i tol him i would pay it on the 21st but he said he had a van to take everything ,i worried about my late wifes antiques and didnt want them to go .:sad:

Your sons TV would be exempt as he can only seize items which belong to the debtor - did you advise him it was not yours? What other seating would you have left if he removed the sofas he has levied on? As far as the wall cabinet is concerned he can only seize that and not the goods inside unless he has also listed them as separate items.

In my view the levy would be classed as invalid anyway due to your sons TV being listed. If you have no other seating left then he has compounded his actions.

PT

i wasnt here and he walked into the living room and refused to leave so i couldnt tell him about the tv and when i got back he had already fillerd out the seizure thingy ,there was no other seating apart from the dining chairs .

Do you know who your local Councillor is? That is also another avenue open for you and with his/her help hopefully you may even get an apology from the Council as this should never have gone this far. I think because of how this has been done a Formal Complaint to the Chief Executive of the Council is in order. Incidentally the Council are responsible for the actions of the Bailiff and are just as liable when it comes to refunding you.

Dependent on the reply from the Bailiff Company will decide whether a Form 4 complaint may be worth considering. This Bailiff has blatantly overcharged you and this could be considered as fraudulent activity.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi saviour,

Lets get a little something straight ok? It's not your fault. You are not stupid and you have not been foolish. You have been a victim of a greedy bailiff. He has lied to you and conned you.

I'll make a few posts for you to read. Any advice I give is to go in tandem with what others advise.

I'll just re-read your thread and I may have a few little questions.

But please stop feeling you have done anything wrong. Instead, feel angry at how these liars operate and what you can do to bring them to book. Remember you aren't the only one in your situation. They are ripping of the vulnerable left right and centre...

Best wishes

Rae

im not sure who the councillor is but the mp for my area ,is that woman who resigned or sacked coz of claiming so much in expenses i just cant remember her name at the moment .

If you go to your Council website they usually have all Concillors on there and as long as know what area/Ward you live in you should find out who it is - there may be more than one - alternatively ring the Council in the morning and ask.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, am I right in thinking the debt has now been completely cleared?

How long have you been dealing with the bailiff or was this a one-off?

When did you contact the council about taking back the debt?

What level of DLA do you and your son get?

I would like to write a Formal Complaint to the councils CEO for you if you'd allow me too. The answers to the above will help me draft it.

Your household is vulnerable in accordance to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents:

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

Those who might be considered vulnerable include the following:

the elderly;

people with a disability;

the seriously ill;

the recently bereaved;

single parent families;

pregnant women;

unemployed people; and, *

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.

* I am presuming your son doesn't work.

The bailiff would have been aware of this as would the council ...

Best wishes

Rae

Edited by RaeUK

the elderly; ...............................................only 46

people with a disability;.................i get low rate my son gets middle care and mobility

the seriously ill;.......................not ill

the recently bereaved; ...............wife died 7.5 yrs ago

single parent families;..................as above

pregnant women;........................errrrr no

unemployed people; and, *

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English...................................... not sure im welsh does that count in england ppl say they cant understand me lol

* I am presuming your son doesn't work....... he cant get a job anywhere he is trying tho just ppl wont hire him .

hope this is ok and i answered the questions the best i could .

Lol, that's fine. Appreciate you need to be up in the morning [what's that???].

Do you work full time or part time? I notice you said you're on a low income, is that National Minimum Wage rates?

I'll draft something tonight and you can look over it after work - normally takes me an hour so don't wait up!

By the way, can you confirm the debt is paid in full? If so you don't have to worry about your bailiff infestation and we can work at leisure...

And do remember the Standards relate to the household - I wasn't sure if there was anything else regarding your son.

Also, there should be a disability discount with council tax iirc and you should be paying one band less than that applied to your house. Unless they've changed that...

Best wishes

Rae

not sure if i can say this but i work for a place concerning mod and nuclear stations cant really say a lot about it but its poorly paid (£17000 per annum)

its full time .(but my work collegues say i only work part time )

i forgot his full name but it starts with a R he did say his name and i saw his id but cant remember it and he never printed his name anywhere his signature is like the pen run out and he scribbled to get it working