• Tweets

• n244 is the imp one please we need everything inc exhibits but not statements. dx
    • the first dn was void as it only gave 14 days not accounting for postage time so you didnt get it with 14 days remaining hence the 2019 one. pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’. Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID. You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . .use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt or Util debt]  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything .do not ever use or give an email . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] .............. there is not harm in filing our DN late SB defence now too. alternative whereby claimant intimates SB date=defaulted date and that has been registered months after the last payment . 1 The Claimant's claim was issued on dd/mm/yyyy.  2.The date last payment made was the dd/mm/yyyy   3.The Default Notice was issued dd/mm/yyyy and served several months after the initial breach thus the cause of action delayed by X months and the Limitations period prolonged to 6 years and X months which in effect allows the creditor to stop time running and the creditor having effective control of when a limitation period begins or even starts to run.  4.Therefore the Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any true cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.  5.The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied. dx  
    • Just a quick note to thank you for the reminder. Me and Mrs Mycathasfleas found a use for an exercise mat and lay on our backs watching it. 
    • Thanks for clarifying that DX! I deferred last in 2015. I will upload the defence pdf shortly. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wonga.com debt/debt collectors!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... Found this entry:

Abercorn Solicitors & Notary

28-32 Wellington Rd

London, NW8 9SP

01737 359456

020 74839142

but they've got another address:

Abercorn Solicitors & Notary

10 Sherlock Mews.

Marylebone,

London,

W1U 6DR.

020 7487 0490

The phone number 01737 359456 is also of interest. 01737 is the dialling code for Reigate, Surrey, home to 1st Credit!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Have posted my experiences with wonga on another thread. Found it strange when I begged them to take me to court that they were so reluctant. Anyway they keep taking money from my debit card. The FLA are awaiting a response from Wonga regards my complaint that they forwarded to Wonga on 9th Jan. Think they may be running for cover soon!

should have mention I emailed the FLA to ask them to find out if wonga's solicitors exist. To be honest they just seem to be stone walling the FLA.

re. Chainey D'mateo and Shannon, see my post at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/177189-wonga-com-debt-debt-3.html#post1947202

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 2 months later...

hi there

I am in debt currently to wonga. i spoke to wonga collections on friday and they were very frightening. The threatened me with bailiffs and court action. i read your message so i just wanted to check to see what happened as none of my family know about the debt i have. any advice please.

DONT PANIC, they CANNOT send bailiffs round without a court order. You will more than likely ge threatening emails from Marstons (High Court Enforcement) but again THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS untill appointed by a court, the title is scary but they cannot take anything.

They will probably telephone as many people as they can and then hand the debt to Clarity, where you should be able to come to an arrangement with them.

You also need to start a new thread - Moderators can you help here.

What you also need to do TOMORROW is contact your bank and let them know your account is compromised and you need a new card and account number. Explain that this company has your details and is known to go into accounts and remove small amounts every hour until the account is empty - there is plenty of proof of this on this site... if you can get your salary paid into another bank account get that arranged asap otherwise this lot will take every penny.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone tried this address

88 crawford street

london

w1h 2ej

WONGA.COM LIMITED

88 CRAWFORD STREET

LONDON

W1H 2EJ

Company No. 06374235

WONGA.COM LIMITED

88 CRAWFORD STREET

LONDON

W1H 2EJ

Company No. 06374235

WONGA.COM LIMITED

88 CRAWFORD STREET

LONDON

W1H 2EJ

Company No. 06374235

• 2 weeks later...

Eckers !!! Wonga charge 2573% on a loan !!!

I notice they say -

"Much like a black cab, we offer a secure service that’s fast, convenient and transparent" - they have to be it is legislation and has been since 2004 !!!!

And also - If we are declined by your bank a second time and haven't heard from you, you'll have failed to honour your loan agreement. We will hand your account to a debt collection partner and may add additional default charges, totalling up to £105, towards the costs of our collections efforts. Sustained failure to repay a loan will also lead to a black mark on your credit record and potential legal action, both of which could make it very difficult to gain credit in the future

I'd say for a small loan that would be against the OFT's guidelines on debt collection -

2.10 (e.) applying charges which are disproportionate to the main debt.

Eckers !!! Wonga charge 2573% on a loan !!!

I notice they say -

"Much like a black cab, we offer a secure service that’s fast, convenient and transparent" - they have to be it is legislation and has been since 2004 !!!!

And also - If we are declined by your bank a second time and haven't heard from you, you'll have failed to honour your loan agreement. We will hand your account to a debt collection partner and may add additional default charges, totalling up to £105, towards the costs of our collections efforts. Sustained failure to repay a loan will also lead to a black mark on your credit record and potential legal action, both of which could make it very difficult to gain credit in the future

I'd say for a small loan that would be against the OFT's guidelines on debt collection -

2.10 (e.) applying charges which are disproportionate to the main debt.

could make it very difficult to 'gain' credit in the future!!!!

Who are they kidding!!

Every news report tells me that the banks are closed.

I'm quite happy funding my interests from savings:lol:

Worst thing i ever did was get credit cards and loans.

If my advice or input has helped, by all means tip my scales

I thought it was illegal to be charged for deafulting on the debt and being charged for a DN and it being passed to a dca?

thats at i read on a welcome finance related thread any way.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 7 months later...

why do you people get loans out when you cant afford to pay them back? I've used wonga.com and they do warn you about what happens if you don't pay them back. I've never had a problem with them because I've always stook to my side of the agreement and paid them back!!!

why do you people get loans out when you cant afford to pay them back? I've used wonga.com and they do warn you about what happens if you don't pay them back. I've never had a problem with them because I've always stook to my side of the agreement and paid them back!!!

Oh God another troll. Another one that can't speak English properly too by the look of things.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I've always stook to my side of the agreement and paid them back!!!

Nice of you to stook up for them. Lots of pats on the back for you in work tomorrow.:D

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I understand that people can reach financial difficulties but a wonga loan is a short term loan, max of 47 days. So you don't get one out unless you know for a fact you can repay it on a particular date, or before that. Its a completely different situation if its a long term loan and something unexpected happens....Oh and by the way thanks for the insults, I may be northener but at least I don't get credit out with the intention of not paying it back. I'm not as low as to stoop to personal insults. Thats the problem with this country, too many people expect money and don't want to repay it. And I'm english, born in england and proud.

Twinkletoes31,

I do agree that the money should be paid back. Like numerous other people on this site is that Wonga threatening people with Solicitor's (Chainey ETc) letters from a solicitor who never existed. They had no intention of taking anyone to court. Secondly when you repy to the letter you get no response obviously because the solicitor is non existing. Finally when you complain directly to Wonga or through the FLA (of which they are an associate member) all you get is silence. They do not repsond to complains even from their association! Does that sound like a professional well run company?

My husband works, I'm at home full time with our 2 young kids so I'm in no way shape or form associated with wonga.com and neither is he. I just have an oppinion, obviously one that people on here don't like. Merry christmas everyone!

And what happens if your husband loses his job, or worse, can't work because of serious illness or disability? Or do you think it can never happen to you?

A large percentage of people on this forum are in exactly that position, myself included, and let me assure you it's hard enough trying to deal with serious medical problems and the onset of severe disability as it is, without having to deal with debt collectors. And the way thwey treat people to be experienced to be believed - they have quite literally driven people to suicide.

So maybe you should try putting your brain into gear before making comments about why people take out loans that they can't pay :mad: :mad: :mad: