i've issued a claim against my employment agency for non payment

anney63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have commenced a county court action against an employment agency for non payment. They have filed a counter claim. I have now received an Allocation Questionaire which is quite straight forward. It also states on the paperwork that if I wish to defend th Counterclaim I need to file a statement of Truth. I only received this on 24th and it should be in by today but I have phoned the court who are being a little lenient due to post issues. Is the statement of truth my response to his Counter claim ?? Would really appreciate any help

So far as I know, your statement of truth should be something like a defence of the counterclaim.

Start with

1. Unless stated to the contrary, the counterclaim is denied and the defendant is put to strict proof.

After that go through each point of the counterclaim and either say why you dispute it or that it is accepted. It's difficult to give an example without seeing the actual wording of the counterclaim, but something like

2. It is accepted that on xx/xx/xx the claimant was contracted to work at XXXX, however it is denied that the claimant's work was not of an acceptable standard and the defendant is put to strict proof.

At the bottom of the document you need to include this statement, and sign it.

I believe that the facts stated in this statement of truth are true.

Signed ………………………………. Date ………………………..

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 3 months later...

Hello

I am hopping someone can help. I did a days work driving for an agency and did not get paid. I phoned and Finally sent a Letter before action and took them to court. They sent a counter claim saying they hadn't been paid due to my Tacograph not being in. The tacograph does not go in for 28days. So that's fine they sent a counter claim in for loss of profit saying they hadn't been paid by the client. Date set 23Rd April. Fine all ready to go. Today I received a copy of a letter sent by them to the court just 2 lines. Saying as we have had no communication from Mr David .... we ask that the court strike out the counterclaim. I responded to their counterclaim through the court. Should I have sent it direct to them??? I assumed the court would send them a copy. I am correct or should I send them a copy???

• 3 months later...