• Tweets

• Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

why you shouldnt use section 77/78 CCA 1974 if you want the signed agreement

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They could hardly be construed as orginal. They were on different sheets of paper and contained my current address, not the address where I was when accounts opened.

I may be wrong, but I thought to comply with s78 the cred had to supply the agreement and any other document refered to in it - which would necessitate supply of the original T&Cs, wouldn't it?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They could hardly be construed as orginal. They were on different sheets of paper and contained my current address, not the address where I was when accounts opened.

but if they make a declaration that they are true copies then unless you want to challenge them you have to take it as their word

(this would later rebound on them if they tried to persaude a court that some other document was in fact the agreement)

they should also have sent you copies of any other document (including original T & Cs's) that were mentioned in it together with a full statement of account

if you are not happy with the agreement and are withholding payments until they prove the debt then you could send them this

I refer to the above matter and your failure to supply legible documents*(or whatever the alleged failure is )in response to a s78 Consumer Credit Act Request or to provide a true copy of a properly executed credit card agreement.

We appear to be at loggerheads in this matter, and clearly you remain in default of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 on this matter.(may nmeed to edit this line)

The original properly executed credit card agreement is the document that you would need to produce in support of any county court action against me , and the same document that I would make a court application for you to produce if you failed to respond to such a request under a CPR31.16 prior to my seeking to commence proceedings against yourselves.

It would therefore seem to me to be entirely in line with the overriding principles of the CPR for us to make every attempt to settle matters outside the court system .

In furtherance of this objective therefore, I would suggest that this matter can be disposed of without further delay by you allowing me to inspect the original properly executed credit card agreement . Thus the matter can a be resolved one way or the other.*

Normal convention requires that any such document is inspected in situ- I am prepared to travel a reasonable distance to inspect this document.

Alternatively I am prepared to pay the reasonable costs of having this document couriered to the local branch of XXXXX Bank*(or wherever)*for me to inspect it there

I can think of no valid reason, if it is your sincere desire to have this matter dealt with without further delay, why you should not accede to this request. Since clearly if you satisfy me that you do have a properly executed and enforceable agreement then i can immediately enter into discussions with you with regard to discharging the said debt, which is surely what you are trying to achieve!

If however it is the case that you do not possess a properly executed agreement then it would be the better for all concerned for you to admit to this fact now and then we may be able to negotiate a mutually acceptable outcome.

• Haha 1

If we give our names address and phone nos and other info to a company and provide them with security questions and codes to protect our security with them, is it then legal for them to pass this info onto all these third party bl**dy DCA's that call us up and ask us to go through security with them?

Things may have changed but it used to be the case that when you (a company) registered you would say what uses the data could be put to. That could include passing it to anyone, storing it anywhere, etc. You (the company) didn't have to inform the data providers of any of this.

So, unless things have changed since DP started, yes, they can pass it on - provided they registered to do so.

PhiltheBear

Lloyds TSB - At the Sign of Flogging a Dead Horse

Things may have changed but it used to be the case that when you (a company) registered you would say what uses the data could be put to. That could include passing it to anyone, storing it anywhere, etc. You (the company) didn't have to inform the data providers of any of this.

So, unless things have changed since DP started, yes, they can pass it on - provided they registered to do so.

usually yes because you signed an agreement allowing them to do so!!

It annoys me too when a DCA phones asks to speak to 'JJ11' and then says for security could you confirm your address and date of birth and what colour underpants your wearing esp if they dont tell you who they are from the out set So if some one calls and wont tell me who they are and ask security questions i tell them that i am JJ11 and if they wont reveal who they are i say i am not giving id info to a annon caller because i cannot be sure who im tlking to and i do not wish to leave myself open to identity fraud that normally pi?ses them off and they blunder around So i say if you have buisness with me you will have my address so write ..Good day ..phone down.

It annoys me too when a DCA phones asks to speak to 'JJ11' and then says for security could you confirm your address and date of birth and what colour underpants your wearing esp if they dont tell you who they are from the out set So if some one calls and wont tell me who they are and ask security questions i tell them that i am JJ11 and if they wont reveal who they are i say i am not giving id info to a annon caller because i cannot be sure who im tlking to and i do not wish to leave myself open to identity fraud that normally pi?ses them off and they blunder around So i say if you have buisness with me you will have my address so write ..Good day ..phone down.

I'm sure this has been addressed elsewhere but if I get such a phone call I ask THEM for their name, date of birth, etc. so that I can have a record of whom I'm talking to in case of future legal action. I get one of 2 results - a) they hang up :) or b) they bluster in which case I say that without them passing the security check I can't talk to them - and I hang up :-)

PhiltheBear

hiya all again

hiya again diddydicky,,,fab letter will be something i will use today i think once ive found all my paperwork and put in order

again i tried to click your scales but i need to spread the reputation around a bit lol

but huge thanks again, i applaud your sensible comments thanks

laters all angel x;)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

i wouldnt give ANY information to an inbound caller even if they did tell me who they were

WRITING ONLY golden rule

hiya all again

hiya again diddydicky,,,fab letter will be something i will use today i think once ive found all my paperwork and put in order

again i tried to click your scales but i need to spread the reputation around a bit lol

but huge thanks again, i applaud your sensible comments thanks

laters all angel x;)

you're welcome- not into all this scale clicking b**locks anyway-

I'm sure this has been addressed elsewhere but if I get such a phone call I ask THEM for their name, date of birth, etc. so that I can have a record of whom I'm talking to in case of future legal action. I get one of 2 results - a) they hang up :) or b) they bluster in which case I say that without them passing the security check I can't talk to them - and I hang up :-)

I offer them the opportunity to speak to my legal advisor (the OH - who is in the legal business), there is rarely anyone on the phone by the time I pass it over.

More recently, we let them listen to the telly. The record is 5 min 15 sec (listening to Harry Potter -prisoner of Azkaban). I did tell them to write to me, in the past, but they didn't take any notice.

I do like the look of DDs letter, may well play with this pretty soon - nice one DD

Stubie, Diddy, Phil and JJ11,

Thanks all for your helpful comments on myData Protection Act thought process & ramblings. I had rather thought this to be the case but it is always worth asking others - as they say "Great minds think differently".

Have had another call from Wescot this morning with the usual tell us the answers to your security questions. I refused saying I had no idea who she is or why they were calling me.

I then asked for her name & phone number but when asked again she would not say on behalf of who she was calling & just rattled off a reference number - like I care - and then said I see you have previously told us to write to you so we will have to do that & you can call us back.

I told her I had no idea who she or her company is and as she had failed to pass my security checks I hung up.

Diddy, thats a good letter you have posted.

It is very well thought through.

I think I shall use that myself to my chums at Barclaycard.

Cloggy.

Using the letter to :-D

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

playing devils advocate, but wont they simply send u the usual rubbish to comply with the executed part for s78 and hide behind reg 3 consumer credit (cancellation notices and copy docs) 1983:

General requirements as to form and content of copy documents

3.-(1) Subject to the following provisions of these Regulations, every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall be a true copy thereof.

(2) There may be omitted from any such copy-

(a) any information included in an executed agreement, security instru*ment or other document relating to the debtor, hirer or surety or included for the use of the creditor or owner only which is not required to be included therein by the Act or any Regulations thereunder as to the form and content of the document of which it is a copy;

(b) any signature box, signature or date of signature (other than, in the case of a copy of a cancelable executed agreement delivered to the debtor under section 63(1) of the Act, the date of signature by the debtor of an agreement to which section 68(b) of the Act applies);

© in the case of any copy of an unexecuted agreement delivered or sent to the debtor or hirer under section 62 of the Act, the name and address of the debtor or hirer; and

(d) in the case of any copy given to the debtor under section 77(1) of the .

Act of an executed agreement for fixed-sum credit under which a person takes any article in pawn, any description of the article taken in pawn.

so regardless of what u send them letter wise, they are not going to relinquish anything, as by this stage you will probably already know that they dont have an original or u would have a copy with a letter demanding payment or litigation.

personally i dont see any other way than the original purpose of this thread ie. haul their backsides into court for disclosure.

just my view.

I offer them the opportunity to speak to my legal advisor (the OH - who is in the legal business), there is rarely anyone on the phone by the time I pass it over.

More recently, we let them listen to the telly. The record is 5 min 15 sec (listening to Harry Potter -prisoner of Azkaban). I did tell them to write to me, in the past, but they didn't take any notice.

I do like the look of DDs letter, may well play with this pretty soon - nice one DD

Another useful ploy is to ask them - before you answer any questions, even saying who you are - for a 'security code'. If they can't provide it, which they can't as it doesn't exist, tell them you can't talk to them without them telling you what it is. If they try and ask you something again just repeat "Please tell me the security code". You can drive them nuts doing this. It's only a small thing but it does make me think I'm striking back in a small way.

PhiltheBear

Stubie, Diddy, Phil and JJ11,

Thanks all for your helpful comments on myData Protection Act thought process & ramblings. I had rather thought this to be the case but it is always worth asking others - as they say "Great minds think differently".

Have had another call from Wescot this morning with the usual tell us the answers to your security questions. I refused saying I had no idea who she is or why they were calling me.

I then asked for her name & phone number but when asked again she would not say on behalf of who she was calling & just rattled off a reference number - like I care - and then said I see you have previously told us to write to you so we will have to do that & you can call us back.

I told her I had no idea who she or her company is and as she had failed to pass my security checks I hung up.

Diddy, thats a good letter you have posted.

It is very well thought through.

I think I shall use that myself to my chums at Barclaycard.

Cloggy.

we sound like a firm of solicitors!! or are we in trumpton?

playing devils advocate, but wont they simply send u the usual rubbish to comply with the executed part for s78 and hide behind reg 3 consumer credit (cancellation notices and copy docs) 1983:

General requirements as to form and content of copy documents

3.-(1) Subject to the following provisions of these Regulations, every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall be a true copy thereof.

(2) There may be omitted from any such copy-

(a) any information included in an executed agreement, security instru*ment or other document relating to the debtor, hirer or surety or included for the use of the creditor or owner only which is not required to be included therein by the Act or any Regulations thereunder as to the form and content of the document of which it is a copy;

(b) any signature box, signature or date of signature (other than, in the case of a copy of a cancelable executed agreement delivered to the debtor under section 63(1) of the Act, the date of signature by the debtor of an agreement to which section 68(b) of the Act applies);

© in the case of any copy of an unexecuted agreement delivered or sent to the debtor or hirer under section 62 of the Act, the name and address of the debtor or hirer; and

(d) in the case of any copy given to the debtor under section 77(1) of the .

Act of an executed agreement for fixed-sum credit under which a person takes any article in pawn, any description of the article taken in pawn.

so regardless of what u send them letter wise, they are not going to relinquish anything, as by this stage you will probably already know that they dont have an original or u would have a copy with a letter demanding payment or litigation.

personally i dont see any other way than the original purpose of this thread ie. haul their backsides into court for disclosure.

just my view.

well they may but i KNOW they will not respond (usually because they cant- if they havnt produced it by now they are not going to)

the whole point of the excercise, if it gets to court and they ask for costs on any hearings or applications is that i show the judge the letter and say look, i tried my best to resolve this matter outside of the court process as per the overriding principles of the CPR'

i even offered to go to their place to see it but they ignored me/obfuscated/sent that same trash that they had previously been sending- clearly if they had wanted to resolve the matter they could have shown me the same original document that they now wish to use in court proceedings and have avoided court altogether as i agreed to pay what they wanted if they showed me the proof

BUT DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE of thinking that every creditor has NOT got the original agreements whilst it may e true that many are destroyed, if it comes to court sometimes they wlll PROPERLY search their archives and may just turn it up (pesonally i dont want to be that "odd occassion" where they do)

Another useful ploy is to ask them - before you answer any questions, even saying who you are - for a 'security code'. If they can't provide it, which they can't as it doesn't exist, tell them you can't talk to them without them telling you what it is. If they try and ask you something again just repeat "Please tell me the security code". You can drive them nuts doing this. It's only a small thing but it does make me think I'm striking back in a small way.

well if you like to "toy " with them on the phone, when they aslk for your dob give them a false one

when they queery it for the SECOND time and say this is not the information they have you say

well i think i should bloody well know what my own date of birth is pal!

99% of what you have all said has gone straight over my head!!!! :confused:

So............can you tell me if a creditor cites certain parts of an agreement covered by the CCA1974, that favours them, and omits the parts that favour me, do I have any grounds for saying this agreement is unenforcable? and if I do what can I do about it?

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You'd have to hit them with the CPR31.16 instrument (England/Wales) asking them to supply it. Seems there's no guarantee they would. They could prevaricate all the way to court and then supply it but I don't see the sense behind that. The way I see it, withing my experience, is that if you are sure that your egreement looks unenforceable, let them prove otherwise. Goping to court with them doesn't mean losing the shirt off your back (well, hopefully not) but serves to determine whether the agreement is enforceable.

Check Diddy's post at the top of this page, too.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think no-one replied to your post because they didn't understand what you were asking.

The Act specifies certain conditions which every credit agreement has to comply with. They are not flexible and cannot be chosen to suit ones situation (be that creditor or debtor). You can't choose which bits to comply with.

Basically an agreement is either properly executed or it isn't, it doesn't depend on which bits of the Act or Regs you look at, it has comply with all of the bits that apply to the type of credit you are concerned with.

If you suspect any parts of the agreement are missing you can challenge it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks