Robinson Way & Co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

8 days ago I sent a CCA request to Robinson Way & Co.

They sent the £1 fee back return of post with a compliment slip stating they have sent me a seperate letter.

The seperate letter arrived this am. please see below:

Does this mean it's all over?

This is a 15 yr old debt that I have been paying £6 @ month on ever since.

The last letter I had from them was in 2003 & had an alledged balance of almost 2k on it. I'm not sure that was all debt or debt + charges. I was just happy that they never hassled me & carried on paying them.

They state that I should now deal with Lombard but don't say how. Should I just let sleeping dogs lie? If I do nothing will I get Lombard after me? But then the amount owing on this letter states zero???

Any advice is appreciated.

ITO

scanpic026.jpg

It sounds like there is no copy of the agreement.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Not really, because they can't pursue the debt until a CCA has been provided. If they or anyone else tries it on...then send the dispute letter.

The ball is in their court now, although the debt may or may not exist, at the minute it is unenforcable:)

Thank you.

Shall I file the letter under 'leave alone for 6 yrs' & hope that no one else contacts me?

I don't even remember what this debt is for it's so old. If anything my guess is, it was maybe a chest freezer or such like back in my previous marriage.

I don't even remember what this debt is for it's so old.

Your as bad as me, Is this ok? :p

I've got two DCA's chasing me, and I ain't got a scooby :rolleyes:

Yours sounds like a good result ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Your as bad as me, Is this ok? :p

I've got two DCA's chasing me, and I ain't got a scooby :rolleyes:

Yours sounds like a good result ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Hi

Until I discovered this site I had no idea I could do anything about these debts other than continue to pay. This could have gone on for another 15 yrs!

I so hope this is the end of it. I expect I have paid for whatever it was a long time ago.

It really is worth CCA ing these 'old' debts!:)

Keep all your paperwork yes. If the debt is that old almost certainly no CCA will exist anyway. You might receive a letter from Lombard to say that they've closed the account,:D but as the saying goes "no news is good news".

Thanks.

Knowledge is Power with these old debts.:)

Goodness knows how long I would have carried on with these!

DCA's depend on the ignorance of their 'customers', that's why they hate sites like this which have the audacity to educate, forewarn and forearm those on whome they prey upon.

They spend much of their time threatening people with what they can do in law (much of it bullsh*t), but when it's reciprocated they tend to spit out their dummies, throw their toys out of their collective prams & be plain obnoxious:D

The hunting laws don't apply to them, DCA baiting is legal & extremely good fun:D:D:D

DCA's depend on the ignorance of their 'customers', that's why they hate sites like this which have the audacity to educate, forewarn and forearm those on whome they prey upon.

They spend much of their time threatening people with what they can do in law (much of it bullsh*t), but when it's reciprocated they tend to spit out their dummies, throw their toys out of their collective prams & be plain obnoxious:D

The hunting laws don't apply to them, DCA baiting is legal & extremely good fun:D:D:D

All agreed.....Some of us on here like to "poke the bear" as it were...it can be a fun pastime!:grin::grin:

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

All agreed.....Some of us on here like to "poke the bear" as it were...it can be a fun pastime!:grin::grin:

hiya CCM

liked your quote it made me laugh, thanks ,,,, but really you do need to get out more,,,but totally understand you,,,

im no longer afraid of the phone i relish to talk now lol

have a fun sunday ciao for now maz:-D

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya CCM

liked your quote it made me laugh, thanks ,,,, but really you do need to get out more,,,but totally understand you,,,

im no longer afraid of the phone i relish to talk now lol

have a fun sunday ciao for now maz:-D

I get out enough mate, thanks for your concern, glad your no longer concerned/afraid of them, that's the first stage in getting sorted...but i do like to help people on here fight these morons, i get a bit of pleasure from it..and i like to give the sc%mbags as much hassle as possible along the way:-D

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Thats good to hear CCM, cos i am really in debt to you over the past week remember you helped me with my bos default notice, so anymore of my problems i will seek you out, so you can help me cause them more chaos,,, ;)

Maz

good luck by the way is it okay, very good result sound like a wee celebration soon

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Just another question if you don't mind please.

How does it work that these Dca's say they refer the debt back to the original lender when they have owned the debt for years,in this case over 10? It seems they have no legal right to it as they have no CCA.

I would have thought that the original lenders right to collect on it would have been lost when it was sold to the DCA. Canthey suddenly start asking for payment on something they no longer own?

Thanks

ITO

Simply put...DCAs have basically two portfolios, one in which they act as agents for a company & are paid on a commission basis. The other , are accounts which they have bought, usually for a nominal amount (10-20% of value).

The last letter they sent you is a bog standard "we've fecked it up & haven't a snowballs chance in hell of getting any money from you, so we'll pretend to pass it back to show face"!

I don't think they've got a "we'll put our hands up and admit we've bought a lemon" variety.:D

Simply put...DCAs have basically two portfolios, one in which they act as agents for a company & are paid on a commission basis. The other , are accounts which they have bought, usually for a nominal amount (10-20% of value).

The last letter they sent you is a bog standard "we've fecked it up & haven't a snowballs chance in hell of getting any money from you, so we'll pretend to pass it back to show face"!

I don't think they've got a "we'll put our hands up and admit we've bought a lemon" variety.:D

:lol:

I bet they look they are sucking lemons when they get these CCA requests firing at them right left & center!!

I still cannot believe it was that easy. A total of 8 days from CCA to sucking lemons!

Thank you.

The irony is, no matter how many CCAs they receive, they will keep buying unenforcable debts. As I said earlier, if they buy a group of debts with a face value of say £200,000 at 10% = £20,000 & they manage to recover 60%, that's a cool £100,000 gross profit to them:mad:

Hopefully, due to sites like this their profits are diminishing fast:D