No service cover but goods are faulty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OSC and DLC successfully removed. Maybe I should follow DCA-King and request full refund. The OSC was on the laptop, and it is clear that I would not have got a loner should it have failed......:D

Hi

The thought has been going through my mind for a while but it has suddenly come to me.

I have just remebered why BH don't do loaners for laptops, or PC's (they didn't do laptops when I worked for them)

Apparently (although it may be bull****) they don't due to Data Protection. If you use a loaner then return it after your original is repaired, then any data you have saved on the loaner, may not be totaly removed, meaning that your data is available for anyone else to see.

I am no computer geek, but apparently just deleting an item and then emptying your recycle bin, doesn't remove the trace of the item totally from your hard drive, and a real geek can recover it!

I asked when I was training, "Well being as we can't offer this service, do we offer a discount on the OSC? "

"No" was the answer, "we tell them a repair on a laptop is generally more expensive than most items anyway, so that covers it."

Like I said earlier, BULL***T!!!

PJ

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

So really, I could claim back the OSC on the laptop? I knew that I couldn't get a loaner on laptop coz personal info will still be stored no matter what you do. I had it on fridge freezer as well, but I have contacted the manufactorer and paid £88 for 3 years cover - much cheaper

Like i said in my POSt it DOESNT state that they not covered under Loners not my problem

and for your info there are programs out there that will remove all traces of data

they would have to put that on then reformat the hard drive and re install windows put thats a bit techi and time for them

plus they wouldnt be able to rip people off

Regards DK

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

Sent an email to Anne Healey requesting refund and reasons for wanting one. Got a standard reply back saying email has been forward to "Customer Relations Department" - makes me laugh ;)

Shes a waste of time she never replied to my letters in the end so i phoned her and asked if she was busy i would look for her home address and send her a letter there so she could read it over a cup of tea in the morning she was not a happy bunny when i told her i would send it to her home address

Regards DK

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

• 2 weeks later...

My Husband went to BH today and they told him that we had to pay 100 pounds for the repair made to the TV......He obviously said no, and BH phoned head office, who told the store to wipe the 100 pound off - result :D (or maybe they are just sick of me sending them letters and emails by now, that they wanted no more trouble?)

BH sent me a letter today in reply to my complaint. They are going to pay off 2 of my agreements (totaling £530) in compensation for all the hassle I have had with TV and mis-selling of policies! Result in my eyes. In total, and thanks to CAG, I have reduced my weekly payments from £42 to £18!! Oooohh - they look forward to my future custom as well :rolleyes: