1st credit ltd threat about aqua card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello to every one, glad i found this site.

i received a letter from the above regarding a bill for £459.28 which i owe to aqua mastercard. i phoned up tonight and have never been so insulted in my life, i offered £10 a month and was told that it was too late for any negotiating. all i was told that 1) they would let me pay £345 or 2) i was going to be taken to court?

has anyone got some sound advice on what i can do? as i cant afford to pay the amount they are wanting.

thanks again great site

rab

Firstly, do not phone them again or accept calls from them, make sure everything is in writing and sent by Recorded Delivery.

I would suggest sending them the CCA letter, you will find this in the templates section. The odds are that they will not have a Credit Agreement for the alleged debt that they are chasing you for.

If and when you write to them do not use the PO Box address as you will not get a signature for your letter. I do not have the full postal address right now but I will post later.

Hope this helps.

The address for 1st Credit is:

The Omnibus Building

Lesbourne Road,

Reigate

Surrey

RH2 7JP

I'm fairly new here but I'm also dealing with 1st Credit for something similar.

I was advised to send them letter 'N' from the templates section along with a £1.00 postal order, don't sign the letter and send it recorded delivery.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Hi Juimmy

Good luck with these lot, they are a right bunch

Are you in a debt management plan & if so is your Aqua account part of it. If so get your debt management company to send them an Income & Expendiyure form with an offer of a monthly payment that YOU CAN AFFORD

Do as Switch says, request a cca (there are template letters for this which I am sure others can post for you to use)

What you must remember is DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER just print your name

Your debt is under £750 so I don't believe they can bankrupt you (though they may try to scare you in their letters)

Do not panic, I did when I first had contact with them but you will get very good advice on here

Just wait and see what they send back.

Dont worry about these idiots nothing but scary threats.

HAK

Hello all,

just following this thread and the postcode does not seem to match the FSA register, so I did a Royal Mail search and it appears the address and postcode for this lot is:

1st Credit

The Omnibus Building

Lesbourne Road

REIGATE

RH2 7LD

I am still not sure if they are regulated by the FSA as a search turns up zilch

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

thanks to all your replys, after i post away the template N what will happen next?

thanks again

They have 14 days to reply with a valid agreement, if not send them the account in dispute letter, and ignore them until they comply.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 2 weeks later...

regarding my on-going problem, i received a letter from a firm of solicitors by the name of LCS Solicitors. the letter says that unless full payment is made within 14 days then they will start legal proceedings against me in a county court.any ideas on what to do next?

thanks

jimmysoup

What date did you send your letter to 1st Credit?

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Send this by recorded delivery to LCS...

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of XXXXX 2008 which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to advise a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); dated XXXX 2008 for which I have proof of receipt . I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you of their non compliance. Your client had until (date - 12+2 working days from date of sending CCA request) to comply with a legal request.

Should your client persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several defaults committed by HSBC under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for, both the banking code and OFT guidelines.

Also please note that I will ONLY communicate in writing, any calls made to me will be classed as harrassment and treated as such.

Yours faithfully / for ever / with love / in anticipation of a short and fruitless banking relationship (choose the first if I were you !!!)

Send this by recorded delivery to LCS...

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of XXXXX 2008 which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to advise a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); dated XXXX 2008 for which I have proof of receipt . I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you of their non compliance. Your client had until (date - 12+2 working days from date of sending CCA request) to comply with a legal request.

Should your client persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several defaults committed by HSBC under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for, both the banking code and OFT guidelines.

Also please note that I will ONLY communicate in writing, any calls made to me will be classed as harrassment and treated as such.

Yours faithfully / for ever / with love / in anticipation of a short and fruitless banking relationship (choose the first if I were you !!!)

That is rather more polite than the approach you usually use. :D

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

this is an update from yesterday.

i received a letter from 1st credit stating that " the document you requested is retained by our client and we will therefore advise them of your request and arrange for the document to be sent to you as soon as possible"

should you also request the following there is a charge of £10, a Deed of Assignment.

what next please?

thanks

jimmysoup

i dont know what 1st crud are talking about

you should have been sent by the original creditor a notice of assignment from the original creditor.

the deed of asignment shows how much a dca pays for the debt,

no way on this planet will they show that unless its in court.

may i ask how old the account is.

i had an aqua card years ago which was defaulted. after a six month battle with hbos, i had it removed as no cca from hbos

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

thanks to all who have replied. an update today : i received a letter from a firm named " clarity" saying that they have been instructed by aqua to make arrangements. the choices are

1} reduced settlement of £344.46 from £459.28

2} a payment plan

any ideas what to do folks?

thanks

There is a 'bemused' letter in the templates you can send, and don't forget to send a letter to Trading Standards and the OFT stating that you sent a CCA request which was not honoured and the debt has now been passed to another company - against the OFT guidelines on debt collection.

Somebody will be along with the correct letter shortly.

Here you go. Worst Credit should not have passed the ALLEGED debt on whilst in legal default of your CCA request. Report them to the OFT and TS and send this letter to the New DCA Clarity

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully