CL Finance/Cohen Claimform - MBNA [ryanair] Credit Card debt **WON**

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but how can it be the same letter worded exactley the same from 2 different companies????? Are they working from the same letter templates ????

Akania, MBNA took over abbey contracts so in effect they are the same company now.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi akania

I have one with MBNA & Abbey, when i sent of for my CCA's i sent one £1 to Abbey and a £1 to MBNA. When i received my CCA's they came back in the same enverlope. I did receive a couple of letters once on the same day, one from Abbey and one from MBNA signed by the same person.

Gaz

CB forgot to say, why have they tried to get me on this one and not the MBNA account. As they keep combining these accounts in other letters.

Gaz

I havent a clue, Gazza. :confused: Is this the older of the 2 accounts ,or is it a larger balance? Could be as simple as being the next one in Dee's "to do" tray.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I havent a clue, Gazza. :confused: Is this the older of the 2 accounts ,or is it a larger balance? Could be as simple as being the next one in Dee's "to do" tray.

CB never thought of that, i think this one was the older of the two.

This is the bigest of the two, I've done the letter that you put up thanks. I'll get that off in the post tomorrow, will just have to see what happens next with this lot.

Gaz

guzzleguts, as they are supposed to provide ALL information they hold on you, I would have thought that only one payment would be necessary. However, you never know with MBNA. so it might be a good idea to SAR each account separately.

Gazza, I think it would probably be best for you to wait and see what MBNA's next move is going to be. If they are only going to be passing on one account you might still be in with a chance for the pink pig . Dont give up hope just yet. :lol:

BCOBS

guzzleguts, as they are supposed to provide ALL information they hold on you, I would have thought that only one payment would be necessary. However, you never know with MBNA. so it might be a good idea to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) each account separately.

This is wrong.

It's one SAR for each Data Controller - in this case, it's the same DC with 2 accounts. just be sure that your request refers to account numbers for identification purposes only, not specifically requesting information on those accounts alone, and you will only need one request.

Hi Gazza when i was trawling through threads yesterdaY

I saw on the thread from someone called gertrudeloves credit that Decker has set up an e petition on that goverement no 10 site to get MBNAS credit license taken away!He also managed to get a ccj put aside by judge because MBNA did not comply his cpr request for CCA! That news was great and shows that courts do side with us poor consumers sometimes! :D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Gazza!

The thread is called Me Myself & MBNA Help Required! The thread belongs to someone called Gertrudelovescredit,It is not Deckers thread but he posted his good news plus his intention to start a petition on no ten site on it!,The only thing is i could not see a direct link to the petition which was a shame as i am sure there are quite a few members of the MBNA fan club who would love to sign it!:Di spoke too soon when i said MBNA had stopped ringing me at home!I got a call frrom this woman DCA who had the cheek to address me by my first name! when trying to establish who i was! trying to fool me into thinking she was a friend trying to call!These DCA are getting quite devious in their phone tactics as Barclays once did that to me as well when i was a bit late paying them! What a cheek! A firm who has rung me loads of time at work and set RMA to ring me ten times a day at work certainly no friends of mine and have no right to address me my my first name at all!When Maz and other s giving me some advice about what to put in an fos report and Maz said yesterday that though MBNA had sent me a letter saying they would remove my work number from their systems and one thing in their favour they seem to have complied with this as i have not to my knowledge recieved any phne calls at work for a long time from MBNA or RMA,Though they said that they did reserve the right to phone me to remind me about my debt from time to time at home!:eek:So it looks like they are going to start home phone calls again but home ones are easier to cope with as thanks to this wonderful site i now say to myself eveytime a DCA rings!THIS IS MY PHONE! My PHONE LINE!! I dont have ro speak to anyone i do not wish to speak too ! but at work of course this is different so it is like blackmail!Maz though thinks i ought to still bring up the fact to the FOS when saying their CCA is not very legible the fact that MBNA and their agents did used to phone me loads of times at work in spite of being told that i was not willing or allowed to speak to them amd in RMAs case up to ten times a day!and the fact that even though the calls have now stopped at work they did cause me a lot of distress humiliation and embarresment which will always stay with me!so i suppose it would be worth a mention on any complaints to FOS and TS.

Edited by sunflower99

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

BCOBS

Hi

Well it looks like i'll be getting a call from MBNA, as i had one off there calling cards through the door today.

Need to sharpen my dogs teeth, one good thing i'll be saving on the dogs food next week :D.

Heres the card that came today.

Card0001.jpg

Gaz

Send tham this (if you haven't already)

Please note that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a "doorstep call", please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. 384 per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless.

Hi Steve

No, i've not sent any letters to them yet.

As i've only got a phone number on the card and i've checked the number and it comes from Chester. Just need to check the number on the card to see if its the same number as MBNA.

Gaz

Hi

Well it looks like i'll be getting a call from MBNA, as i had one off there calling cards through the door today.

Need to sharpen my dogs teeth, one good thing i'll be saving on the dogs food next week :D.

Heres the card that came today.

Card0001.jpg

Gaz

Read it carefully - they only say they will call - not that they will call on your house. They are trying in their silly little, feeble, cretinous way to get you to telephone them.

Do not waste cakes, biscuits, boiling water, tea etc. because the pondlife will never darken your door.

You can probaly look forward to letters in coloured envelopes (making you think they are greetings cards), and, when they REALLY LOVE YOU, you'll get the infamous pink pigs!

Be prepared for a barrage of multi-coloured b*llsh*t from these morons - and - welcome to the MBNA fan club!

Hi Gazza!Dont worry about someone calling on your house from MBNA!I saw on someones thread that a person who said he was an ex employee of MBNA actuaully said that it is normally an empty threat and MBNA dont normally send house agents to visit you and if they did they would be more frigtenend that you!LOL.Though perhaps MBNA are going to treat you nicer and send claire! LOL:)

Hi Gazza!Dont worry about someone calling on your house from MBNA!I saw on someones thread that a person who said he was an ex employee of MBNA actuaully said that it is normally an empty threat and MBNA dont normally send house agents to visit you and if they did they would be more frigtenend that you!LOL.Though perhaps MBNA are going to treat you nicer and send claire! LOL:)

Hi Sunflower

Frightened of me, You must have powerers of the behond how did you know i was the incredable Hulk lol. Yes they would be frightened of my green colour. Hope Claire comes and i dont frighten her of.

Looking forward seeing them knock on the door, must make sure i got film in my camera lol.

Gaz