Halifax Credit Card

tosh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have defulted on my credit card and written to them with a braekdown of what I can afford. I have also offered a token payment cheque which has been cashed and I also wrote a letter to them asking them to write to me instead. I received a letter from Retail bank collections telling me that they have taken money out of my current account to reduce the level of arrears. I have not sent them a cca yet but will do so first thing tomorrow morning. Can they take mon from my account like that?

Hi Tosh,

Yes there will be a clause in the small print which allows them to take money from your current account. This happened to me!! I would with draw your funds and open a new account with another bank asap.

Received a letter from Halifax yesterday. They require an up to date financial statement from a thrid party debt counselling service. 'This is to insure that our customers receive the best possible advice and as these finacial statements from these services conform to the British Association guidelines. It allows us to provide assistance faster' Benifits of going to such advisors can include reduction of interest and stopping any further charges being made to your account.

I hhave already sent a financial statement. Are they still charging me interest.

No reply regading the cca yet

i had the same trouble with the halifax..they took money from my savings account..have changed banks no tho ..they also had a financial statement of me ..let me pay 1.00 per mth for 3 mths but keeped adding intrest/late payment fees etc..CCAed them in march 08 ...heard nothing ..got a threat agram on sept 8....sent dispute letter..all gone quiet again !!

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter this morning, basically it says they are allowed to take money from my savings account and also as a goodwill gesture they refunded 2 over limit charges and a late payment fee, around £36.00.

I'm just wondering how many other charges have been applied to the account, can i claim these back?

They also confirm that a copy of my agreement will be sent under separate cover and that they have placed my account on hold for 4 weeks until they receive the finacial agreement.

any feedback anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

ok got my cca back from them today. can't really read it properly. i scanned it at work and not sure how to download it on to here? can anyone assist please.

Edited by tosh1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Once you have it on photo bucket, there are 4 links under the picture. Click the bottom link. IMG Code It will go yellow, and say copied. Then all you need to do is right click and paste on here.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Got The Cca From Halifax Today. As You Can See From The Pdf File It Is Really Really Very Faint. This Is How I Got It. The T & C Are On A Different Pages.

I Have Not Applied Yet For The S.a.r

Should I Do That?

I Was Going To Make A Token Payment On Monday