Postman incident

ben08
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Last week our postman hit his bike into my car parked on my drive, its scratched and has a small dent on the bumper - which in my opinion needs a new bumper.

I contacted royal mail and the postie is denying it hmmm obviously he would, i know it was him because i heard a loud bang, immediately i shot to the window to see what it was and the postie was standing in front of my car with his bike (unfortunately i wasn't able to go to confront him due to just getting out of the bath angry-smiley-030.gif) i wish i had knocked on the window now to let him know i was looking..he then walked down the road parked his bike up then walked past my house staring at my cars bumper as he passed!!!

Response from royal mail

I have interviewed postman who has denied all knowledge of hitting

your car and has stated that if he would of hit he would of knocked on to

apologise, I have been in contact with the cluster manager in charge of the

area and she has stated that with the postman denying responsibility there

is not a lot more we can do you will need to take it up with insurers.

Is there anything i can do? why should i have to claim through my insurance and lose out - due to some imbecile

Have you spoken to your neighbours to see if they witnessed the incident?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Well, I'm no expert, but you may be able to tell looking at the dent whether a bike did it.

Of course they will flatly deny you did it. And they have no reason to change unless you have proof they did, and all you have is your own eyewitness account. Nothing will change unless you gain another credible witness or someone that can be taken seriously in court to prove it's a dent caused by a pushbike.

Not true really - based on the OPs testimony in court, it would be, on the balance of the evidence, likely that the postman caused the damage. You do not NECCESSARILY need another witness to do this(although clearly it is beneficial).

Point 1: you NEED to get an expert statement on the damage, and a quote. In other words, your opinion that the bumper needs replacing is not enough - a car body shop opinion would be required.

Point 2: photos are clearly needed...

I would suggest that you send the RM an LBA, and possibly proceed to SCC to get the return of this.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!