Advice with Reliable collections(ambrose wilson)

upsy_daisy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi my wife had a call from relible yesterday, what a nasty group of ********* they are, when my wife asked the young man why he had an attitude with her he said and i quote ` im a debt collector im not supposed to be friendly !!!`How do they expect people to react to a statement like that !! i will not be answering the calls anymore thats for sure.

What a bunch of arses they think they have so much power it goes to there head

OMG here we go again:eek:

RBOS round 2 prem letter sent 23/10/2008 14days and counting:rolleyes: no reply.....

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

court papers finally issued 27th march they have to 27th april

Ambrose wilson/reliable collections account in dispute letter sent 22/10/2008 finally replied to letter 1 today but too late:p no news or replies to anythin now:mad:

Carpark management letter sent 22/10/2008

not heard anything-7th april 2009

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG are they out of there heads 4x they have rung today spoke 1st time told them i have nothing to say as ive put it in writing they said we have no letter!!! thing is i sent it recorded and i know it was signed for so whats that all about?? or do i ignore it and just carry on but why ring another 3x i didnt answer lol

RBOS round 2 prem letter sent 23/10/2008 14days and counting:rolleyes: no reply.....

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Ambrose wilson/reliable collections account in dispute letter sent 22/10/2008 finally replied to letter 1 today but too late:p no news or replies to anythin now:mad:

OMG are they out of there heads 4x they have rung today spoke 1st time told them i have nothing to say as ive put it in writing they said we have no letter!!! thing is i sent it recorded and i know it was signed for so whats that all about?? or do i ignore it and just carry on but why ring another 3x i didnt answer lol

Have a read of the "cheekiness to the DCA's" thread and see if there are any nice snippets in there that you could use for the next time they call:p

Seriously though, don't let them get you down.

Have you sent the "account in dispute" letter yet?

A DCA got the short end of my tongue last week. My OH had gone out with the ciggies in his pocket and I really wanted one but it was chucking it down and I didn't want to get soaked for the sake of a packet of cigs.

Their timing was really bad on their part, I started the call with "what", and ended it with "you bloody stupid arse" and a few choice words inbetween.

I was like you before I found this site, I used to ignore the phone. Not anymore though. When they ring now they usually wish they hadn't by the end of the call.

Be strong, there is nothing they can do without your CCA. If they ring again, just refuse to answer their security questions and demand to speak to a manager and point out the fact that you sent the harrasment letter and it was ignored and if the calls don't stop you will take it further.

If you want to, you can also tell him your account is in dispute because of the lack of CCA, and that you are following it up by letter.

Edited by huggys boss
dyslexic fingers

but if they keep saying they never recieve my letters im loosing the battle arent i? and just endin up with even more charges

ive spoke to the manager who has rung not 10mins ago lol i said id sent a letter and that it was signed for 28days ago she has asked me to find out who signed for it..how on earth do i find that out? she said could she help i said no just expect another letter in the morning.

Yeh i posted the dispute letter this morning

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Did you tell her that the account was in dispute because they had not responded to your CCA request?

I told them that and suddenly they had received my letter. All be it 2 weeks after they had signed for it.:eek:

They are also very good at trying to get you to say on the phone that you have never received any goods for them. If they try this, just side step the question.

My fashionworld account now stands at over £700. Over £400 of that is charges. When they ring now I tell them that I want my CCA because I am disputing the charges.

Once they realise that you wont be bullied into making a payment over the phone, they will start to behave and deal only in writing with you.

but if they keep saying they never recieve my letters im loosing the battle arent i? and just endin up with even more charges

ive spoke to the manager who has rung not 10mins ago lol i said id sent a letter and that it was signed for 28days ago she has asked me to find out who signed for it..how on earth do i find that out? she said could she help i said no just expect another letter in the morning.

Yeh i posted the dispute letter this morning

Was it a CCA request that was signed for?

As long as you have proof that they received it then you are definitely winning the battle. What they do with it when they receive it is their business.

Find out who signed for it? Why on earth should you help them do their stupid job for them?

If they are not capable of passing a piece of paper to one of their literate employees then that is their problem.

SH

Well i spoke to soon lol they did ring tonight and have no idea what im talking about when i said id sent a letter i dont believe her as she was too nice she went on to say could she help me resolve my problem i said no i shall be sending another letter tomorrow and hung up lol

off to look at the link thanx

Dont know if this will help, but when I get phone calls i use the broken record technique, I just keep repeating the same statement, like " Im sorry but from now on I will only be responding to letters and will not be responding to your calls, thankyou" It does not matter what they say I just keep repeating it, It really cheers me up as I can hear them getting more and more wound up as they try to get a different response!! They normally slam the phone down, which is always a little dissapointing as i feel they have lost their customer care skills at this point!!:)

just a quickie one of the main things i wanna get done out of this is i wanna report the phone calls now if they are ignoring the fact they never got my 1st letter which they say they never got this also means they didnt get my letter for harrassment as they where sent together and the calls are starting again although they are automated i just hang up so they either REALLY didnt get them or they are feckin stupid is there a 2nd letter for the harrasment calls i can send or do i send the 1st one again to a diff address or just carry on as im doin which is waiting for reply to my 2nd letter of which i sent..sorry if this is confusing lol the kids are tappin me as i type

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

sorry again but how dam right rude are these people they rang my hubby said ill get it they said can i spk with XXX he said sorry she isnt here at the min there reply

oh what a suprise bye...

WTF

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Do not think that they did not get your letters. If you sent them either recorded or special delivery then THEY GOT THEM. If they did not get them then you would have had them back by now (you have to put a return address on them).

They are just hoping that you bow to the pressure.

I am fairly new to this myself, but if you have had no response by morning, I will have a prowl about and see who you should report them to for harrassment, (I know I have seen it on here somewhere).

Be strong. None of the people I have spoken to on here are trying to avoid their debts, they just want to deal with them at an amount that is affordable, and you can do this too.

I hope you are logging all these calls. Have you got a telephone recording system? I can envisage a few heads rolling for the way they have spoken to your family. It is wrong and together we will stop it.

I will pop in to your post again tomorrow, and for the time being, if they ring, either give them hell or ignore them. (It's up to you, but believe me, if you give them hell you will feel better for it.) Just remember, they are making your life a misery at the moment and you don't deserve that. I went through some nasty patches a few years ago and I was really low and somebody said to me "they don't have the right to make you feel like this, you haven't given them permission to make you feel this bad."

You do not have to suffer their abuse on the telephone, at the end of the day, all you have done is to get into a financial problem. (You and how many others?)

Find your strength and when they do ring you again, let them have it with both barrells. If you are anything like me, the strain of the constant calls will be affecting your family life - and a few miserable quid to a big company is really not worth the hassle.

Sorry for the rant, I have had a few glasses of vino and hate the way these idiots are treating you and your family.

Love

Elaine

Thanx for ur post ive pm u x

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

The reason they claim they have not recieved your letters is because they probebly dont have a valid CCA, i havnt seen a thread yet where this company, which is one of JD williams many faces , has.

They will lie, intimidate and bellitle you, but it is all hot air without a CCA.

Talking on the phone is a waste of time, i got my number changed to force them (who where the worst) and others to communicate in writing, not that you should have to do that but it is the quickest way to stop the phone herassment

They will send loads of letters, then repeat them all again, im on the scond time round, which reminds me im due another next week:p

Try not to let them get you down, they are a bunch of incompatent fools who havnt a clue what there doing as there letters to me prove

Here is my thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/152608-your-conduct-matter-unacceptable.html

It may help

Hi Upsy-daisy. Sorry I have not had time today to find out who you complain to, I will have a prowl around now.

In the meantime, when they ring, you could always play my hubby's (huggy41) latest creation to them. :eek:

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Dear Sirs

Harassment by telephone

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

Is this the letter you sent?

In it it states that if they continue to harrass you, then you will report them to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

And in all honesty, I think that this should be your next course of action.

thats the same letter ive sent and today the lady rang i said to her ive nothin to say to you she said well this situation isnt going to go away i said no but im not willing to pay another penny till you reply to my letters i said 1 of them is a complaints about harrasment of the phone calls and that u shouldnt ring me no more she said yes i know but we only deal with situations like urs over the phone so she as good as they have recieved a letter from me in my eyes she said well i best get the manager to ring u tomorrow i said get the queen to bloody ring me untill you answer my letter ive nothin to say to you bye and i hung up lol yay me then she rang back..stupid bint i said sorry did u not understand leave me alone and hung up again so im gonna re send the harrasment letter unless there is a follow up of the one ive sent or do i re send that 1

thanx for ur help

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

I think it is time you reported them to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

If you have not seen it yet, have a look at the webpage my OH and me are creating.

WARNING, CLICKING THIS LINK WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH

I will see if I can find any template letters for you to send to the people you need to complaine to.:grin:

I have just found this in the Consumer Wiki. Its not a template, but offers advice on the best way to make a complaint.

Compaints letters - Consumer Wiki

There is alsorts if useful stuff in here, I am pleased I found it. Looks like I will be doing a lot of reading tomorrow.

Search results - Consumer Wiki

Edited by huggys boss
added a bit

36_2_68.gifWell Done. You told that stupid woman what was what.

You have passed the point of no return now.:eek:

You are well on your way to playing the game "lets wind the DCA's up".

I have got a vision of you, with a huge smile on your face after you put the phone down. :grin:. Feels good doesn't it. :p

You have just made me smile too, I haven't heard the word "bint" since I moved from the North East four and a half years ago.

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

sorry to keep comming back to this with no improvement but cant help but think im getting myself in so much **** they have rung god knows how many times to say well this matter wont go away we have had no letters so yet more charges will be added to the account thing is i still have the email from ambrose wilson there is a name on it that says all corrispondance with regards to ambrose/reliable collections go to the address she gave me which is where im sendin my letters i feel like im hittin a brick wall and not gettin anywhere other than 12admin charge for every letter they issue me

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

yeh i sent it if thats the 1st lol i sent it to the address the lady on the email give me and i know it was signed for but they wanna know who by and wen ect...why on earth should i run round and find that out they also have my address on the back incase it goes missin but seen as i havent had it bk they must have it

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

this is getting to much they rang again ive hung up all day then the last time she said hang on a min before you put the phone down i said but ive said a million times ive nothing to say to u till you reply to my letters she said is it a CAB letter?? i didnt answer cause ive no idea what that even is i told her 1 was about harrassment and by the law of the harrasment act i was getting them done she said you stand no chance and its down to ur own silliness you are recieving the phone calls that will continue till you make payment is that clear i said well if you respond to my letter by the end of the week i will give u a payment now do i make myself clear goodbye

i really feel im gettin no where with this other than myself major stressed and upset

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Hi, upsy_daisy.

Sending the stop phoning letter by recorded delivery gives you proof you have asked/told them to stop.

If they ignore that letter its their problem. Especially if you log their calls - dates, times etc - and after the second or third make a complaint. You can complain to the Information Commissioner for misuse of data, to the Telecoms Regulator for misuse of a telephone systems and to the police for plain harrassment. If they claim to act on behalf of solicitors complain about their actions to the Law Society as well. Copy your complaints to the OFT questioning the caller's fitness to hold a consumer credit licence.

I have seen harrassment phone calls dealt with severely by the courts. Don't just take the flak, give it out - with interest! Eventually the debt collecting industry will realise that continual phoning, harrassment and bullying is not the way forward.

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

but they said they are not harassing me under any act cause ov my silliness to miss a payment and let my account fall behind they are simply doin there job by chasing me up i told them 1 call ok but 10 a day she said well its a auto re dial i said what to my house every 20mins appart

what do i write in this letter i will put it together now also where do i get the address of these BIG people? i havent a clue i thought they would ov backed down by now but they are startin all over again i simply cant take much more

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008