2008 regs/CSA Codes of conduct/Enforce the rules.

OnMyWayOut
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been receiving phone calls from Mckenzie Hall, again and again, threatening and harrassing both myself and now my father, who shares the same name. Both myself and my father are disabled, Mckenzie Hall are aware of this and care less, which is in breach of the code of practice. I have a serious heart condition and am in constant pain from other illness'. Each time I hear their name or receive a letter, with the usual red writing all over it, I go cold.

Who do I write to first, McKenzie Hall, for breach of their code of practice, not taking due consideration of a person's health status, or consumer direct?

I see they have won debt collection agency of the year, 2008, I wonder what that was for, being vile and threatening.

• 1 month later...

They are unable to enforce the account. That means they can not ask for payment, threaten you with legal action, etc. If they do then you must report them to the OFT under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Can anyone help? Eversheds have sent my employer a Deduction of Earnings order for £550.00 a month for child maintenance from 15yrs ago. Firstly i paid my ex £30 a week cash and signed the house over to her so i got nothing when it was sold but Eversheds are not interested in any of this so my boss is paying this as they told him CSA autorised them to do so can i do ANYTHING?????????

I have been receiving phone calls from Mckenzie Hall, again and again, threatening and harrassing both myself and now my father, who shares the same name. Both myself and my father are disabled, Mckenzie Hall are aware of this and care less, which is in breach of the code of practice. I have a serious heart condition and am in constant pain from other illness'. Each time I hear their name or receive a letter, with the usual red writing all over it, I go cold.

Who do I write to first, McKenzie Hall, for breach of their code of practice, not taking due consideration of a person's health status, or consumer direct?

I see they have won debt collection agency of the year, 2008, I wonder what that was for, being vile and threatening.

REPORT THEM TO CONSUMER DIRECT!

Telephone: 08454 04 05 06

AC

Report them to South East Ayrshire Trading Standards - Alan Stewart. He has a big fat file about these shysters. You could do as I do with them and ignore their rantings. They are so full of sh!t its unbelievable. The only time Muck Hall will see a Court will be as defendants

• 1 year later...
Report them to South East Ayrshire Trading Standards - Alan Stewart. He has a big fat file about these shysters. You could do as I do with them and ignore their rantings. They are so full of sh!t its unbelievable. The only time Muck Hall will see a Court will be as defendants

I did report them to South Ayeshire Trading Standards. I have heard nothing more from them in over 2 years, hoorah.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

re post #33, Lending Code to be updated wef 1/5/12 as follows

'New provisions have been agreed that increase the level of protection offered to customers under the Lending Code where their debt is sold or transferred to a 3rd party for collection. Where a debt is sold, subscribers need to satisfy themselves that appropriate arrangements are in place to ensure that the debt purchaser will continue to deal with customers in a manner consistent with the requirements in the Code for the treatment of customers in financial difficulties.' lendingstandardsboard

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org...%20sale%20.pdf

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

CSA Code of Conduct 2014 - new link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?456638-CSA-Code-Conduct-April-2014

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D