style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, Hope you can help me.

Last year I got into difficulty paying Council Tax, and they took me to court to obtain a liability order, I paid the arrears off, but it was just after the case had gone to court, which left me court costs of £83.00, I soon after received a letter from Birchalls asking me for the money. They had already added a fee of £24.50 for a levy fee?, which took the debt up to £107.50, I told them that I could not afford to pay all at once and offered to pay in 3 monthly installments, and paid £42.00 over the phone right away. This was 6 weeks ago, and was going to make the second payment on Friday. However this morning the bailiffs turned up at the door, I refused him entry, and he started taking details of my car. I then took my car keys and removed my car to a friends. On my return home there was a note posted through the door Stating the bill was now £208.00, £42.50 for Attendance to levy distress??? and £100.00 Attendance/removal fee.

On the "Notice of seizure of goods" form he posted it stated that he had "Seized" on the premises the goods, ie my car, and that it would be sold after a period of 5 days stated in this notice.

He did not obviously "Sieze" anything as I had removed it from my property, neither had he Attended/removed the car either, (No Van turned up, Just him in his BMW X5), I am at my witts end with worry, can anyone help/advise, and I can pay the £83.00 by Chorley Borough Councils online service, would that null the Liability order?

I have not signed anything or allowed in into my home.

PS:

I tried paying the council the £83.00 owing to them (Court costs), but they refused, saying I had to pay to the bailiffs.

• 1 year later...

Was this the first time the bailiff had visited your premises - Birchalls have a knack of putting visit fees on for bogus visits so that the liability can go straight out with their van bailiff - the council WILL take payment as they have an obligation to do so - but if you do make payment to them make sure that it comes off the correct arrears - also send in a SAR to Birchalls and request that they provide a screen shot of your account to date and challenge your fees - It is in the interest of the bailiff to raise these fees as he is self employed - Good luck

have moved your thread to the baliff forums

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hello everyone, Hope you can help me.

Last year I got into difficulty paying Council Tax, and they took me to court to obtain a liability order, I paid the arrears off, but it was just after the case had gone to court, which left me court costs of £83.00, I soon after received a letter from Birchalls asking me for the money. They had already added a fee of £24.50 for a levy fee?, which took the debt up to £107.50, I told them that I could not afford to pay all at once and offered to pay in 3 monthly installments, and paid £42.00 over the phone right away. This was 6 weeks ago, and was going to make the second payment on Friday. However this morning the bailiffs turned up at the door, I refused him entry, and he started taking details of my car. I then took my car keys and removed my car to a friends. On my return home there was a note posted through the door Stating the bill was now £208.00, £42.50 for Attendance to levy distress??? and £100.00 Attendance/removal fee.

On the "Notice of seizure of goods" form he posted it stated that he had "Seized" on the premises the goods, ie my car, and that it would be sold after a period of 5 days stated in this notice.

He did not obviously "Sieze" anything as I had removed it from my property, neither had he Attended/removed the car either, (No Van turned up, Just him in his BMW X5), I am at my witts end with worry, can anyone help/advise, and I can pay the £83.00 by Chorley Borough Councils online service, would that null the Liability order?

I have not signed anything or allowed in into my home.

PS:

I tried paying the council the £83.00 owing to them (Court costs), but they refused, saying I had to pay to the bailiffs.

This thread is over a YEAR OLD !!!