Simplex Parking - Still at it !!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far aas I understand, they cannot clamp a car unless you are currently not adhereing to their rules and then only if there are clear signs indicating that clamping may take place.

If you were parked correctly on that third occasion, having paid for a ticket if necessary, and the only reason they clamped you was due to the outstanding unpaid charges then that is illegal and you could take them to court over it.

Ladyjan, Im shocked to hear of what has happened to you, and also disturbed greatly that TS are giving out such advice let alone your solicitor !!!!

Is there anyone with any legal experience on these boards who might like to comment, it all sounds outragous to me and in my opinion for what its worth should be illegal

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so full of holes it gives a sieve a bad name. for a start they cannot register charges against the RK - they can only attempt to pursue the driver(s) at the time of other events. if simplex pursuing under contract then I find it inconceivable that that the solicitor did not know Tweddle and it under tort did not know Dorst. TS a waste of time. Solicitor also was in this case. Ladyjan got any pictures of these signs that your solicitor mentioned ? or of any pf the paperwork - suitably washed of your personal details of course. Possible criminal charges await Simplex based on what you have posted so many here will be very interested so see everything. And the SRA should be interested in your solicitor - did they put their opinions in writing ? if so please show us that as well - also washed. Tinypic is easiest for posting pictures.

I have spoken to my solicitor again this morning and he has informed me, that as the signs at site state the following:

“Impounded / clamped vehicles will not be released until all charges registered against; the driver / registered keeper / vehicle (including any previous unpaid charges) are paid in full. Drivers / registered keepers / vehicles with any unpaid charges, are deemed to be in breach of the current parking terms.”

If I decided to bring a civil claim against Simplex then I would not win, as the terms allow them to remove and impound vehicles they deemed to be “in breach of the current parking order”. The guy at the impound told me they have a system which scans number plates and alerts the them to vehicles with unpaid charges, similar to what the police use for road tax evaders and non-insured drivers.

I spoke to TS at the time who said something similar.

Like I said earlier on this thread, I got done by these people in Telford back in February, I now have a lot of information about the operator, I know where he lives and where he works from, he is not registered at company house, nor is he vat registered, in my case he had no contract with the landowner (written contract), and to top it all it would appear the whole operation is carried out from his bedroom, now who is being illegal? I hope he reads this, come on take me to court !!!

you take him to court instead !

Easier said than done, as ive said earlier, I am not knowledgable in this area, i wouldnt know where to start, and therefore would be concerned which area to sue them for, harressment is my best bet at present, but it can all very easily go pear shaped when trying to prove anything I might sue him for. Im waiting for TS to come back to me regarding the harressment, if they decide its worth persueing i will go ahead wth there backing in court, like Ladyjan said, TS are not willing or able to persue through law all the other irregularites discussed on this board as they deem that they are operating within the law, all be it only just.

It is so full of holes it gives a sieve a bad name. for a start they cannot register charges against the RK - they can only attempt to pursue the driver(s) at the time of other events. if simplex pursuing under contract then I find it inconceivable that that the solicitor did not know Tweddle and it under tort did not know Dorst. TS a waste of time. Solicitor also was in this case. Ladyjan got any pictures of these signs that your solicitor mentioned ? or of any pf the paperwork - suitably washed of your personal details of course. Possible criminal charges await Simplex based on what you have posted so many here will be very interested so see everything. And the SRA should be interested in your solicitor - did they put their opinions in writing ? if so please show us that as well - also washed. Tinypic is easiest for posting pictures.

Yes - My solicitors has my card receipt and the receipt for payment.

I rang the Police at the time and they said that they can ask for all charges on vehicle to be paid before its released no mater what the charges are for. They advised that i pay or risk not having my car back.

Like I said earlier on this thread, I got done by these people in Telford back in February, I now have a lot of information about the operator, I know where he lives and where he works from, he is not registered at company house, nor is he vat registered, in my case he had no contract with the landowner (written contract), and to top it all it would appear the whole operation is carried out from his bedroom, now who is being illegal? I hope he reads this, come on take me to court !!!

They have an office (converted barn) attached to the secure impound, Massive fence, loads of CCTV and 2 dogs on chains. Its an on an old farm out in the countryside. (This was where I had to collect my vehicle from.) The office is really posh and OTT with leather seats and large plasma screens on the wall with the CCTV from the impounds moving cameras on. No wonder the money they make.

I believe from my receipt and the notices sent in the post that the company is a Partnership.

You have been seriously misled it seems. take digital pictures of all the paperwork - wash out your personal details with MS Paint or similar. Post the jpg images on tinypic and link to them here. which solicitor did you use ?

It seems there is no available evidence. Shame that as I am sure besides getting a full refund plus expenses Ladyjan could have got criminal charges brought against Simplex plus a severe slapping for her solicitor from the SRA. Meanwhile everyone else can keep on ignoring Simplex

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hi all i too had a parking charge i pay'd the charge of £160 it was a bit late and now they are asking for for more money for charges (£135 more ) would it be fair not to pay it ?

Start your own thread, but you've already been scammed out of £160. Because you were foolish enough to pay it, their eyes have lit up and now they're trying to [problem] you out of even more since you're a proven payer.

• 3 weeks later...

OK my friends, some advice please, simplex have gone to the next level, and if im right in my thinking, they have right screwed up, do you think these forms are legal, i got them tonight when i got home, Thanks in advance

Just thinking about this, to my these are forgeries, isnt that illegal? will await people more experienced to comment before taking action.

court1.JPG

court2.JPG

Edited by Duke916

as Lamma said contact the court

no court seal and way half typed and the rest handwritten,

only stamp on it is a simple date stamp

and where was it posted from check the envelope for that

there is no indication to which court it refers to in the correct place

no details of "solicitors firm"

Edited by kiptower