Simplex Parking - Still at it !!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the info people.

Me and my fiancee were going to my Nephews party (sunday 12th) birthday party at the old roaries. As normal I was running late and we parked the car (her car) at the petrol garage and ran down to roaries. We must have only been in the place for 30mins or so and someone came back in and said we had this charge.

I dont have a scanner, but will take photos later tonight. In a nutshell though its a long orange ticket, with PCN on the top, saying we need to pay £160 and if we pay within 7 days then will be reduced to £150. Attached to this is paying in slip.

Since getting one of these I have spoken to a few people who have said that they have recently got one too, but for greater amounts!!

I've not spoke to trading standards as yet, but will do today.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Standby people, next instalment on its way, I will scan tomorrow, ive had another letter from Simplex, oh dear i now owe another £50 in admin charges, but if I pay within 7 days it will be reduced, guess i had better pay them then :)

hi there.

i've just viewed the above thread and would be interested to know more about Simplex...

Have they recently changed their trading name? Where are the worst areas they operate in?

This post is by the same person this on another thread.

hello there.

i am currently researching the issue of NHS Hospital parking charges for a consumer affairs story and would be greatly interested if someone could advise where best to look for information on the topic.

would be particularly interested to hear of specific hospitals where this practice is causing problems for patients and staff alike?

can anyone help?

many thanks

Matt

Matt,

Why don't you post your own thread asking for information instead of hijacking other peoples?

BTW which consumer affairs program are you researching for?

I suggest a good start for your research is the Private Parking Charges guide in the stickies section. If you are researching for a consumer affairs program then it would be good for you and presenter to be fully advised on the legality of PPCs and their actions. You should also read the following thread which highlight some of the legislation that PPC's have to contend with. To many consumer affairs programs have concentrated on sensationalising a few stories instead of actual presenting both sides of the argument and letting the viewers/listeners decide.

The search facility should provide you with a good many cases.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simplex say, " we reserve the right to exhibit all correspondence"

So do I re there email

"[email protected]"

View contact details

To:

tell someone who cares!

email address now blocked.

------------------------------------------------

And another email from them :

Flag this message

Parking Notice Issue

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:39 AM

"[email protected]"

View contact details

To:

Please provide Full Details of your PCN notice.

I have spoken to Emma and on this occasion it will be cancelled.

SIMPLEX

that letter ! what garbage !!just spit half my lunch over the keyboard. Fraud and against Consumer Regs plus several others. see the "problems that PPCS face" here and this FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned looks like Simplex are not AOS members - so who applied to the DVLA for the RK details ? Knowing that could prrove interesting

Trouble is Lamma, Ive spoken to TS about how they got my details, TS just come ut with utter drivel, I would love to screw simplex but simply dont know how to go about it the correct way, I am by no means a banana like many on these boards and feel far from confident in going headlong into something quite so complex where the law is so vague

I did that before posting my friend, its convincing TS which is the problem, I need a start point, and they just dont know or dont want to get involved, the system sucks , btw, ive just come off the phone with Telford Trading standards, they are impossible !!!!

TS are variable to say the least.

You may have to take them on a journey.

First hoist them on their petard. This document is from the trading standards website. It contains a list of the legislation they are statutory bound to enforce.

See this post for matching legislation. I would look through it and see what acts you beleive the PPC are breaching and then lay it out in a letter. Give them chapter and verse. If they then refuse to take action you have grounds for a formal complaint. But to quote Chuck Colson, one of Nixon's henchmen, - "when you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow in short order". :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may have to take them on a journey.

First hoist them on their petard. This document is from the trading standards website. It contains a list of the legislation they are statutory bound to enforce.

See this post for matching legislation. I would look through it and see what acts you beleive the PPC are breaching and then lay it out in a letter. Give them chapter and verse. If they then refuse to take action you have grounds for a formal complaint. But to quote Chuck Colson, one of Nixon's henchmen, - "when you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow in short order". :D

Thanks pin1onu, I might not need to go down that route now, ive just had a phone call from trading standards informing me the noose is tightening on this lot, in my case I have been haressed by SPS, this has been ongoing since feb 08, cant say to much more, but im sure you get my drift:)

With regard to DVLA giving out my details, again informed by TS there is a loophole, ANY one can request that information if they WRITE to DVLA and can justify that they have a need for that information, again this is from TS, im in no position to argue, the person I spoke to seemed very knowledgable, and knew of all the regulation used as guidance on these forums, in fact this person has read much of what is on this site concerning PPCs in particular this thread:), I will keep all informed as this moves forward, albiet, slowly

Update regarding SPS

Got home this evening, had several messages on my phone from my vehicle leasing company and my manager regarding a phone call the leasing company had today from Simplex.

I have recorded the answerphone message, to say the least i am gobsmacked, simplex have told my leaseing company if the fine is not paid that they will LIFT the vehicle, thats in there own words!!! surely to god they cant? I want these idiots to take me to court, isnt that the process? as you cansee things are hotting up, Trading Standards have asked me to keep them informed of any developments, I will be speaking to them on Monday.

In my own limited knowledge, i beleive these threats are illegal, what d oyuo think, if I am correct, i think its time to turn the tables and take them to the small claims court. opinions appreciated

I have recorded the answerphone message, to say the least i am gobsmacked, simplex have told my leaseing company if the fine is not paid that they will LIFT the vehicle,

You need to educate the leasing company about the meaning of the word " "fines" as opposed to damages for a breach of contract. BTW one definition of a fine:Money extracted as a penalty. hmmmmm....penalty (charge) illegal under case law.

Point out that Simplex have no powers to fine anyone. Only the courts can do that.

I would also go so far as to inform the lease company that if they do remove your vehicle over this issue that you will issue proceedings against them in the courts for breach of contract.

I would also go so far as to inform the lease company that if they do remove your vehicle over this issue that you will issue proceedings against them in the courts for breach of contract.

pin1onu I think you are reading that post as if the leasing company threatened to "lift" the car. They didn't, it was Simplex that threatened the leasing company that Simplex would "lift" it.

Duke, I have exactly the same letters as you and the car is leased, and they are threatening my lease company with legal action too if the fine is not paid

Whatever you do dont pay them, ive sent you a pm, read my thread fully, you will see these people are nothing more than [problematic], please post up your pcn and letters for us to see, suitably washed of your details of course:)

SIMPLEX PARKING:

I had 2 unpaid fines from around 6 months ago, my car was parked in one of their pay and display car parks in Leeds (West Yorkshire). I was issued 2 separate "NOTICE TO OWNER LETTERS".

I then parked up in a different Simplex car parks in Leeds.

The car was issued a PCN, clamped and then removed within 2.5 hours of me parking up.

I had to pay all the charges including the old PCN charges, before the vehicle was released. (£345 + £345 + £160 + £150 + £250) = £1250 + 15% Card Payment Fee = TOTAL £1437.50

I took advice from my solicitor and was told that once they had clamped / removed my car they could demand full payment for all money owed and until I paid I would not be able to get the car pack. TS Confirmed this was the case.

I had to pay the full charge in order to get my vehicle back including the old previously unpaid PCN amounts at the MAXIMUM AMOUNTS.

When they say; "They will impound your car..." I think they mean, if you car is ever seen in any of their car parks by their automated number plate recognition units, (as I am told, was the case with mine,) it will be removed and impounded until all debts are paid.

Moral of this...

PLEASE BE WARNED.....

If you are not going to pay your PCN, then don’t park in any of their car parks, as if you do, it gives them the right to remove and impound your vehicle.

Given the choice now I would rather have paid the PCNs at the lower rate or £150 each, than had to pay £1437.50 6 months later.

Jan.

If you are not going to pay your PCN, then don’t park in any of their car parks, as if you do, it gives them the right to remove and impound your vehicle.

As far aas I understand, they cannot clamp a car unless you are currently not adhereing to their rules and then only if there are clear signs indicating that clamping may take place.

If you were parked correctly on that third occasion, having paid for a ticket if necessary, and the only reason they clamped you was due to the outstanding unpaid charges then that is illegal and you could take them to court over it.

Ladyjan, thats a horror story from a first time poster. I don't know what you paid your solicitor but you should be pursuing him/her for recovery of full costs including the solicitor fees. They were quite simply and ineffably wrong. Simplex need taking to court and they have given you the perfect opportunity to not only recover your losses but to get them facing criminal charges. And I do mean perfect.

Edited by lamma

I have spoken to my solicitor again this morning and he has informed me, that as the signs at site state the following:

“Impounded / clamped vehicles will not be released until all charges registered against; the driver / registered keeper / vehicle (including any previous unpaid charges) are paid in full. Drivers / registered keepers / vehicles with any unpaid charges, are deemed to be in breach of the current parking terms.”

If I decided to bring a civil claim against Simplex then I would not win, as the terms allow them to remove and impound vehicles they deemed to be “in breach of the current parking order”. The guy at the impound told me they have a system which scans number plates and alerts the them to vehicles with unpaid charges, similar to what the police use for road tax evaders and non-insured drivers.

I spoke to TS at the time who said something similar.