Accident info needed asap

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister unfortunately had an accident last week leaving her with couple broken bones. I want to help her bring a case against the local council for negligence, do not want a no win no fee "company" but she cant afford legal fees.

Does anyone know the best way to go forward on this? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Any home insurance that covers legal fees? Is she part of a union, as they normally offer similar. Check also any credit cards, other insurance, memberships to any organisation as they all sometimes include legal cover of some type. Check that of relatives in her household as well.

Contact a local solicitor, and ask if they will work on a "contingency fee" basis.

British Shoe Corporation - won :) BT - won :) West Lancs Council - lost :-x 02 - won :) British Airways - still fighting :o STOP PRESS - RSPCA - daughter won with letters I wrote :)

You may not need to sue or get a solicitor involved; put details in letter to council, date time circumstances, result, what you are claiming for etc. and ask them to forward it to their insurers or put you in touch with them.

If they accept liability them all you have to do agree what compensation is due. Just the same as if you are claiming for a third party car insurance damage.

You only need to get legal advce if they do not accept liability or offer you peanuts. and then again you could take them to small claims court.

I wouldn't usually say this, but why no to the NWNF? This is what they do, and they'll know exactly how much the injuries are worth and as long as you choose the right one, their fee will get covered by the other side, so why not? This is one of the cases where I would use one of them myself. ;-)

Thank you all very much for your suggestions....as wonderful as ever.

I think she is going to use the letter to the Council at first. Her partner is with a Union so if she gets nowhere with the letter she will refer it to his union solicitors.

Thanks again you lot xx