Shop refused to sell item if poscode was not supplied

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

gwc1000, what about a supermarket shopping receipt?, that's a VAT receipt too, and Tesco's et al don't ask for your postcode.

No. It's merely a receipt with a VAT number on it.

Often referred to as a "less detailed VAT receipt".

A full VAT receipt needs all the details gwc1000 stated.

I'd like to answer that if I may.

That is a very valid point of view, and very well explained too. Thank you for taking the time to reply and explain.

British Shoe Corporation - won :) BT - won :) West Lancs Council - lost :-x 02 - won :) British Airways - still fighting :o STOP PRESS - RSPCA - daughter won with letters I wrote :)

In terms of giving details when after a refund, many retailers insist on customer details to reduce the risk of staff fraudulantly processing cash refunds and keeping the cash (also why they tend to ask for the card to refund to if payment was made by card).

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

After all - why do you want to hide your identity?

There is a difference between 'hiding' it and making it 'less visible' - this is the same issue with Dates of Birth. I went into a library I was not a member of to use their Internet, having been asked to show photo ID, I was then asked for my DoB. (print on the licence was clearly not noted). I said 'Over 21'. I was told they needed a DoB to generate a username &Y password, I countered by saying that they could do this from any random generated 6 digits, so after consultations with supervisors, they picked on a date - it's the database state, they want to know who and where you are, and is insidious.